Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RB for The Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine

RB for The Steelers

I wanted to find out what everyone thinks about the following list of running backs and what round you think they'd be drafted in by The Steelers. The Bleacher report did an article by Peter Martin on RB's that could fix the Steelers RB woes. Plus I'll Add Ray Graham.

What running back will do well with a New Zone Blocking System or a Combo Zone/ Power System?
    For this we will assume that The Steelers keep Only Baron Batch & Jonathan Dwyer.

** Side note** I'm hoping The Steelers go after Chris Ivory depending on what RFA tag New Orleans puts on him or via a trade on draft day.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rb-woes/page/9

The List- what rounds would you draft them in?

Eddie Lacy- Bama

Marcus LAttimore- SC

Giovanni Bernard- UNC

Johnathan Franklin- UCLA

Joseph Randle- OK State

Stefphon Jefferson- Nevada

Montee BAll- Wisconsin

Zac Stacy- Vanderbuilt

Ray Grahm-Pitt

Rookie Free Agent

RB for The Steelers

I'm in a mock draft on another site and took Montee Ball in the 3rd round....and was happy with it

I was going after Bernard in the 2nd though

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I'm in a mock draft on another site and took Montee Ball in the 3rd round....and was happy with it

I was going after Bernard in the 2nd though
    I'd be happy with either. I like them both.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I'm liking Bernard more and more.......

Draft Pick
    I wouldn't touch a running back until the 4th or 5th round. Their careers are too short and the return on investment is negligibly better than those found later.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm liking Bernard more and more.......
    Gio could end up being the best back of this draft...the key word is could
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Fine
    [QUOTE=strummerfan;538749]I wouldn't touch a running back until the 4th or 5th round. Their careers are too short and the return on investment is negligibly better than those found later.[/Q

Really, They need one bad plus some undrafted free agents. They only RFA they should keep is Dwyer. I hope they go after Chris Ivory. In RFA

Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    I wouldn't touch a running back until the 4th or 5th round. Their careers are too short and the return on investment is negligibly better than those found later.
    this is such a cliche...and not really all that true, especially anymore. While its rare to find a back that is an every down 300+ carry a season back, even those guys have been having decently long careers. and now with less emphasis on running game, the run game will come back when defenses are so equipped to stop the pass that the ground becomes a major liability.

Theres still a lot of value in a good RB, sure you can still find good talents late in the draft, we have those guys with redman and dwyer but honestly dont you think that if we had a MJD, rice, gore, richardson, lynch, and even peterson as an extreme example that maybe they would have won a few more games this season, especially with all the close games?

i just think the mediocrity of RBs last season was more of a detriment to the team than everyone thinks. Even though the defense blew leads, the offense couldnt hold on to them either and were just horrible at moving the ball on the ground. Having a guy that could be a top back in the league would have been real nice last season.

That being said, Lattimore is my guy this year. The man is an absolute stud. I do like lacy and bernard though, i think they could be real good RBs. Ball to me is like chester taylor, not a bad back but i dont know if hes gonna be able to the guy for a team that doesnt have the most dominant OLs of recent memory like wisconsin did

My Mood
    Manic
    LATTIMORE WON'T SEE THE FIELD THIS YEAR HE'S A LUXURY PICK AT BEST I'LL TAKE LACY OR GILLISLEE OR MAYBE JAMISON

Re: RB for The Steelers

So you wouldnt be happy if we took him? I see where you are coming from but the kid is a beast injuries aside. Id love to get Lattimore

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information