Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Combine Notes

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I pray to God that Teo gets taken before our selection. I don't want any part of him. He should go to Green Bay. They like "packing" things down there. That would be a more suitable environment for Teo. He'd fit right in.

What's so horrific is our need at LB. Which gives Tea....I mean Te'o a good chance to fall to us. I don't want to re-live the Kordell Stewart locker room days again.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I saw every game he played this year.

My issue... is that we are a team with holes... a lot of holes/needs. We need to hit a homerun with this first round pick. We need as close to a sure thing as possible. And Jones, is just too much of a question mark.

If we were a contender, with a deep roster, and could afford to take the risk... then I'd be all over Jones after his slips out of the 1st half of the draft.

We don't have that luxury
    people get SO DOWN on a team after one bad season, it was a season of heartbreaking gut wrenching losses, it hasnt blown the steelers off of the radar of contention for christ sake. This is a talented roster that needs quality talent of a quantity of pick. There IS still window for luxury here, which is why the first round is seriously wide open. I cant see them taking a QB, OT or another DE but literally all other positions are open....TE, WR, RB, G, NT, CB, FS, SS, OLB, MLB not in any specific order but all need to be upgraded, some more than others

The fact that you would take Jordan but dont consider them to have any window for luxury is contradicting yourself...jordan is not a player thats going to make an immediate impact, hes a project and has a much higher bust factor than jones even if jones is risky in a different way. I like jordan but hes probably going to take a while to get going, which i wouldnt mind but some people around here would FLIP
    Last edited by K Train; 02-25-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    people get SO DOWN on a team after one bad season, it was a season of heartbreaking gut wrenching losses, it hasnt blown the steelers off of the radar of contention for christ sake. This is a talented roster that needs quality talent of a quantity of pick. There IS still window for luxury here, which is why the first round is seriously wide open. I cant see them taking a QB, OT or another DE but literally all other positions are open....TE, WR, RB, G, NT, CB, FS, SS, OLB, MLB not in any specific order but all need to be upgraded, some more than others

The fact that you would take Jordan but dont consider them to have any window for luxury is contradicting yourself...jordan is not a player thats going to make an immediate impact, hes a project and has a much higher bust factor than jones even if jones is risky in a different way. I like jordan but hes probably going to take a while to get going, which i wouldnt mind but some people around here would FLIP
    just a case of different opinion on risk/luxury and the state of the franchise

I understand the view of Jordan as a project
    I simply project him in a way that makes me very comfortable with the pick

I see Jones as a bigger risk due to the uncontrollable nature of the health concern

I think we are in a rebuilding phase... one draft isn't going to return us to contending when the majority of our best players are still the aging vets (clark, troy, harrison, ike, heath, etc)
    My Steeler Mock Draft
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB Mich St
    2. Allen Robinson, WR Penn St
    3. Carl Bradford, OLB Arizona St
    4. Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson
    5a. Brent Urban, DE Virginia
    5b. Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB Boston College
    6. Dontae Johnson, CB North Carolina St
    7. Zach Kerr, NT Delaware

Assistant Coach
    looks like AJ Klein blew out his knee at the combine today...

can you say UDFA interest!
    My Steeler Mock Draft
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB Mich St
    2. Allen Robinson, WR Penn St
    3. Carl Bradford, OLB Arizona St
    4. Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson
    5a. Brent Urban, DE Virginia
    5b. Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB Boston College
    6. Dontae Johnson, CB North Carolina St
    7. Zach Kerr, NT Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I pray to God that Teo gets taken before our selection. I don't want any part of him. He should go to Green Bay. They like "packing" things down there. That would be a more suitable environment for Teo. He'd fit right in.

What's so horrific is our need at LB. Which gives Tea....I mean Te'o a good chance to fall to us. I don't want to re-live the Kordell Stewart locker room days again.
    You have to realize how ridiculous you sound, right? You're not talking about anything football related. What you're saying is, "Te'o is gay (which is your opinion) and I don't want a gay player on the Steelers."

It's one of the most ridiculous posts made on this site, and that's including weakdraft's bullshit. I don't care if the man does nothing but have gay orgies in his free time as long as he's gonna help this team win. Te'o, despite all this, is a good kid with high character, he's a leader, and he's a player at a position of need that would help this team win football games. After the whole Mike Wallace situation and how you hated everything about his attitude, this is the type of guy you of all people should want on your team. A humble guy that is all about the team and winning football games.

If you don't like Te'o as a PLAYER because of what he does on the field, fine. I couldn't give a ****. But saying you want no part of him because you believe him to be gay is beyond ridiculous.

Eifert may be a great pick if the better LB's are taken at the top.

Re: Interesting Combine Notes

Teo is going to be a solid LB whereever he ends up everyones finding a reason to **** on this guy. I remember everyone **** on Burflict because of his 40 time ( as well as his attitude) and after the combine everyone forgot everything about his performance on the field. He drops in the draft gets snagged by the bengals and look what happened...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Interesting Combine Notes

I understand the combines usefulness but some of you guys are putting a little too much stock into it. Minus the NatChamp game ( where the entire ND Def got abused) the kid was solid. At the end of the day the kid can ball and a weak combine isnt the end all be all... Taz showed us that last yr.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Then you see Cornielus Washington, he looks like a QB killer... But what is his problem to be projected as a 7th rounder?

Washingtons Smarts? Minter looked the dumb one in drills... Teo was ok but slow like expected. Dion Jordan and Ogletree looked good...

eifert solidified himself as #1 again, even I was starting to inch ertz pass him....not anymore

washington looks like a pure man child, he looked so huge next to everyone running the 40...but like i said, the dude needs a ton of work, but hes got all the tools physically

Thread Information