Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Combine Notes

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach

Interesting Combine Notes

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Id trade up for patterson, or jones
    I think I'd just rather stay away from jones at this point. As good as he could be, there will be other high end prospects available without major question marks.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    This..........I agree Ktrain........Right now Jarvis Jones and Cordarrelle Patterson are 1A and 1B on my Steelers boards so I wouldn't mind them trading up to get one of those guys but really if those two are gone by 17 or if the Steelers don't trade up then I want them to trade down in the first since there isn't much difference from picks 10-32 in this draft......I know you hate trading down but if the Steelers still can get a great value pick in the first and can acquire more picks then I'm all for that.....

But I really want Jones or Patterson big time........
    I think there is a huge difference in the 10-20 range vs the 20 to early 2nd round range

i mean i want his back and neck to check out, but assuming they do by the team doctors i think he would be a legit ROY candidate in the steelers defense. Hed probably go right into ROLB and play behind keisel and hopefully heyward A LOT more...those two would stack up guards and tackles to let jarvis wreak havoc...his playing style would allow him to produce in that way...meanwhile i think mingo, jordan, chase thomas, brandon jenkins and other guys i really like as OLBs and conversion guys are going to be good players and would be good fits, jarvis is a clear level above all of them. honestly im not trying to be a dick for once here but have you seen him play a lot?

obviously im a lot higher on jones than you, but i think hes going to be an immediate impact player even if his spinal condition shortens his career a few years....but imo hes worth that initial investment. everything the last week has been positive about his spine, we'll know more when the combine is over as well as im sure hes being evaluated there, even if he isnt participating
    Last edited by K Train; 02-24-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Banned
    Since someone was comparing prospects to pros............how about

Okafor= Jevon Kearse
    Wheaton= Yancy Thigpen / Louis Lipps
    Mathieu= Asante Samuel

I'm still looking, but not finding much talent this year.

Okafor not benching more was really disapointing to me, seeing he is supposed to be the Woodley kind of OLB.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Not feeling Okafor or Ogletree
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Don't want Jarvis Jones.

I don't want to take a chance with our first round pick.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i mean i want his back and neck to check out, but assuming they do by the team doctors i think he would be a legit ROY candidate in the steelers defense. Hed probably go right into ROLB and play behind keisel and hopefully heyward A LOT more...those two would stack up guards and tackles to let jarvis wreak havoc...his playing style would allow him to produce in that way...meanwhile i think mingo, jordan, chase thomas, brandon jenkins and other guys i really like as OLBs and conversion guys are going to be good players and would be good fits, jarvis is a clear level above all of them. honestly im not trying to be a dick for once here but have you seen him play a lot?

obviously im a lot higher on jones than you, but i think hes going to be an immediate impact player even if his spinal condition shortens his career a few years....but imo hes worth that initial investment. everything the last week has been positive about his spine, we'll know more when the combine is over as well as im sure hes being evaluated there, even if he isnt participating
    I saw every game he played this year.

My issue... is that we are a team with holes... a lot of holes/needs. We need to hit a homerun with this first round pick. We need as close to a sure thing as possible. And Jones, is just too much of a question mark.

If we were a contender, with a deep roster, and could afford to take the risk... then I'd be all over Jones after his slips out of the 1st half of the draft.

We don't have that luxury

If he could have run in the 4.75 range, he would have erased some doubts about his ability to be more than a two-down linebacker.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...official-4-81/

So 5/100 of 1 second makes him a two-down linebacker. I'd say a 4.8 is in the 4.75 "range"... I just find it hilarious that a 4.75 would've been a good time, erasing doubts, but 4.80 is horrible and shows he can't be a 3-down linebacker. Hilarious. The man is a baller. We don't need a 4.6 next to Timmons playing buck. We need a smart, instinctive player who's fast enough (which Te'o is), can take on guards (which Te'o can), and is a good tackler (which Te'o is). He's not the best stack and shed guy but he's not terrible. Te'o, if given the opportunity, can be a very very good buck, with he and Timmons making each other better.

I understand having some questions after the Alabama game. That's fine, he played a ****** game, but so did everyone around him. I don't understand how that one ****** game just completely erases everything he had done prior. Ever since this whole girlfriend thing, the media in general has been looking for every opportunity to bash the kid. I've never seen a player so openly rooted against for an incident that was blown so astronomically out of proportion.

Clearly it depends in who else is there, but I'd have no issue whatsoever with the Steelers taking Te'o at 17.
    Last edited by Big T; 02-25-2013 at 03:21 PM.

If anything this benefits the Steelers. With the ILB not really flashing much so far (in my book at least), we could easily see one of the good ones fall into our hands in the second round. I would love Te'o, Minter or Ogletree there. I would not be furious with Minter or Te'o at 17 though, however both appears to be slight reaches at this point.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information