Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Steelers dysfunctional?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    no you didn't
    Yer probably right, I've spent about an hour a day for the last 3 months. Thats about 90 hours.
    But I've spent considerable time on youtube lately, looking at player highlites. NOT SEEING ANYTHING GOOD.
    Tyrann Mathieu didn't even play last year because he smokes pot. Tyrann is a genuine playmaker. Stick him on an island and let him make plays. We're talkin Woodson or Sanders here.

  2. #22
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    No, you use the pass to set up the run.

    The way it was when this team was winning Super Bowls and before Art II began to meddle.
    yea, like when they won Super Bowl XL... they definitely used the pass to set up the run that year. Yea, when they were the most run heavy team in the league... and by a wide margin
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

  3. #23
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,175
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    Yer probably right, I've spent about an hour a day for the last 3 months. Thats about 90 hours.
    But I've spent considerable time on youtube lately, looking at player highlites. NOT SEEING ANYTHING GOOD.
    Tyrann Mathieu didn't even play last year because he smokes pot. Tyrann is a genuine playmaker. Stick him on an island and let him make plays. We're talkin Woodson or Sanders here.
    no you didn't
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Agreed, definitely need to open it up a little bit in 2013. . .But they still need to run the ball effectively. If they can, that in itself will open up the passing game.
    Open it up? With a QB who can't throw deep, on rhythm, or IF AT ALL.
    Schoolyard and backyard QB's need to learn how to drop back, make a read, and turn it loose.
    If your man is covered like a blanket, throw it to the DB and let your reciever make the int.

  5. #25
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,807

    Steelers dysfunctional?

    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    Open it up? With a QB who can't throw deep, on rhythm, or IF AT ALL.
    Schoolyard and backyard QB's need to learn how to drop back, make a read, and turn it loose.
    If your man is covered like a blanket, throw it to the DB and let your reciever make the int.
    You are so stupid, you do realize this right? The **** you post is ****ing stupid as hell!

  6. #26
    2nd String BubbyBlister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    663
    Brown seems to think so.
    http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

    Antonio Brown Says Locker Room was Fractured --
    Wed Feb 20, 2013 --from FFMastermind.com

    NBC Sports reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown says his third year with the team was a lot different than his first two. Brown said today that Pittsburgh’s locker room was fractured in the 2012 season, in a way he hadn’t seen previously since being drafted by the Steelers in 2010. “It was definitely different — guys weren’t really together,” Brown said. Brown said Steelers S Troy Polamalu was among the veterans who spoke out and tried to explain to the team that selfish behavior wouldn’t be tolerated. But that talk was apparently not enough. “That’s when you know you’ve got issues and you’ve got to come together as a team. Because the reality of a team game is everyone on the same page, committed to the same thing, dedicated for one goal, and that’s winning,” Brown said. Although he didn’t name any names, Brown said he thought he had teammates last year who cared more about their individual goals than about the team’s record. And he described going 8-8 as “a bitter taste” that he hopes will motivate all of his teammates to act differently in 2013. “Everyone in our locker room in 2013 has to understand the value of being in there and what our tradition and history stand for,” Brown said.

  7. #27
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gayvens Country
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Brown seems to think so.
    http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

    Antonio Brown Says Locker Room was Fractured --
    Wed Feb 20, 2013 --from FFMastermind.com

    NBC Sports reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown says his third year with the team was a lot different than his first two. Brown said today that Pittsburgh’s locker room was fractured in the 2012 season, in a way he hadn’t seen previously since being drafted by the Steelers in 2010. “It was definitely different — guys weren’t really together,” Brown said. Brown said Steelers S Troy Polamalu was among the veterans who spoke out and tried to explain to the team that selfish behavior wouldn’t be tolerated. But that talk was apparently not enough. “That’s when you know you’ve got issues and you’ve got to come together as a team. Because the reality of a team game is everyone on the same page, committed to the same thing, dedicated for one goal, and that’s winning,” Brown said. Although he didn’t name any names, Brown said he thought he had teammates last year who cared more about their individual goals than about the team’s record. And he described going 8-8 as “a bitter taste” that he hopes will motivate all of his teammates to act differently in 2013. “Everyone in our locker room in 2013 has to understand the value of being in there and what our tradition and history stand for,” Brown said.
    Bitter like losing to tebow in playoffs? Bitter like not making them the next season? This team needs to pull their **** together or we gonna b the next jets/eagles.

  8. #28
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gayvens Country
    Posts
    317
    Ive watched 1 hr of footage and spent 1day looking into these prospects! Ive seen plenty of people that id like to see in black and gold ; )

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    236
    My precious, beloved, Stillers are in big trouble.
    They are in disarray.
    They have a QB who drops too shallow, and holds the ball.
    They have no running game.
    Both lines suck.
    Old DB's.
    Over-rated LB's.
    Little to no coaching.

    They should trade away all their picks. Bite the bullet next year and see who they got. Then draft 15 bodies next year to custom build a new team.

    or go 7-9, 6-10, 5-11, etc.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    No, you use the pass to set up the run.

    The way it was when this team was winning Super Bowls and before Art II began to meddle.
    The opposing safetys dictate what is set-up and what isn't. You show your front. The safetys decide to play pass or run, or one comes up, while one stays back. 3 deep, and you are primed to run. 2 up and you are primed to pass. cover 1, and you hit the seams. /use play action to keep the LB from droppin into coverage.

    In football, the safety is the dictator, so to speak.

    Bens problem is no running game to bring up a safety. So LB's can even drop into coverage and fill the soft spot or seam.
    We need hard working, mobile linemen, hard working and mobile [healthy] is the key. They need to pass block, run block, and get downfield too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. O-line Back To Its Same Old Dysfunctional Self
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 11:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •