Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest in Breaston?

Bookmark and Share
    Sanders is right on track, what is this his 4th year now? His first 2 years were ravaged by injuries and last year was really his first full season and his first season seeing extended action.

He wouldnt be the first WR to break out after 3 seasons, roddy white, sydney rice, miles austin all took about 3 years to get it going. I think hes one of the few young players to be excited about, i do think he will be better than antonio brown as an outside WR. Like ive said for a few years i think hes got a lot of torry holt in him.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Sanders is right on track, what is this his 4th year now? His first 2 years were ravaged by injuries and last year was really his first full season and his first season seeing extended action.

He wouldnt be the first WR to break out after 3 seasons, roddy white, sydney rice, miles austin all took about 3 years to get it going. I think hes one of the few young players to be excited about, i do think he will be better than antonio brown as an outside WR. Like ive said for a few years i think hes got a lot of torry holt in him.
    Good point about White and Rice.....I love Sanders and I agree he has the talent to be a damn good player.....I really hope you're right about the Torry Holt potential........The Ravens in game in Baltimore this past year when Sanders broke free and was going to score six was going to be Sanders coming out party but he fumbled.....lol Just something always holding him back from him reaching that potential.......At first it was injuries and now this past year it was mental mistakes.....I'm not giving up on Sanders but will have doubts until he can show the injuries and the mistakes are behind him......

Draft Pick
    Sanders wears a special number and is loaded with talent. I hope he can navigate the long season without those damn injuries. We need him to have a big year.

Regarding Breaston, I am not sure if Colbert will be able to overlook his stats last season. Regardless of the circumstances, his trajectory is affected by the last season. I sense a movement toward younger talent at all positions (esp. on D), and I think we'll be seeking new WR talent in the draft. I'm quite sure we'll find it.

Draft Pick
    Any thoughts about taking a look at Turner from Atlanta?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...turner-sources

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post

nice, i think the thought will always be there... its if the price it right
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    Sanders wears a special number and is loaded with talent. I hope he can navigate the long season without those damn injuries. We need him to have a big year.

Regarding Breaston, I am not sure if Colbert will be able to overlook his stats last season. Regardless of the circumstances, his trajectory is affected by the last season. I sense a movement toward younger talent at all positions (esp. on D), and I think we'll be seeking new WR talent in the draft. I'm quite sure we'll find it.
    he is clearly the second best WR the chiefs had behind bowe, like i said he was a haley guy and he suffered from it. They wanted Baldwin to be forced into the lineup

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I really like Sanders... granted he couldn't hold onto the ball after he caught it

Breaston would be (is a) beastly slot... but again, would this leave us with a clear cut #1 WR? AB, Sanders, Breaston sounds fun but it also leaves Ben w/out his "big target" once again.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post

nope
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Interest in Breaston?

Steve Breaston likely to reunite with Haley on Steelers?

By Chris Wesseling

Published: February 24, 2013 at 6:54 AM PST

Modified: February 24, 2013 at 6:54 AM PST

Free agent wide receiver Steve Breaston may not be out of work long after being released by the Kansas City Chiefs last week.

Speculation immediately turned to his hometown Pittsburgh Steelers , as offensive coordinator Todd Haley coached Breaston in Arizona and recruited him to Kansas City. CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora confirms Haley's Steelers are the favorite to land Breaston , who has already drawn interest from several teams.

Don't write it in stone just yet, though. Breaston has made it clear that playing time and contract terms will be at the forefront of the decision-making process.

"I know of the Pittsburgh tradition and the winning ways and it would be a great team to be involved with, but for me, it is all about using this process," Breaston told the Tribune-Review . "I have to take everything in and see what would be a good fit for me and where I can come in and play."

On the prowl for a reasonably priced veteran with Mike Wallace expected to depart via free agency, the Steelers appear to be Breaston's best fit.

Follow Chris Wesseling on Twitter @ChrisWesseling .
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    At the right price I would say Yes.

Thread Information