Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFA - Anyone not to get a tender?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

RFA - Anyone not to get a tender?

Usually RFA's almost always end up re-signing with their origianl team. Anyone think we will choose not to tender anyone?

RB, Dwyer
    RB, Redman
    WR, Sanders
    DT, McClendon
    LB, Sylvester

I think they will offer Sanders, McClendon and Dwyer right away. May wait on Redman to see if anyone tries to go after Dwyer (other wise letting Redman go if Dwyer stays). I think its time to move away from Sylvester and chalk him up into the bust category. We need ball players, not special teamers.

I dont foresee anyone to get huge tenders (even Sanders) and may be willing to let guys walk if they do get interest from other teams.

I want Sanders and Dwyer to return and be a priority, the rest I could move on from if need be...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    We need Sanders, for sure. McClendon good on passing downs, but struggles against the run.

I wouldnt call a fifth round pick, who turned into a very good special teams player, a bust. I get that he never turned into a starting caliber player, but there's a reason he was a fifth round pick. We got our picks worth from him.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I wouldnt call a fifth round pick, who turned into a very good special teams player, a bust. I get that he never turned into a starting caliber player, but there's a reason he was a fifth round pick. We got our picks worth from him.
    may be right there, but we all thought he had the potential for more at some point
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    Agreed, we Ned depth we can count on at LB. Time to restock the LB shelf.

Definitely Sanders, rest, honestly are a toss up. Dwyer perhaps. McClendon. . .those would be my three.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Definitely Sanders, rest, honestly are a toss up. Dwyer perhaps. McClendon. . .those would be my three.
    McClendon is a good player and not used enough.

My Mood
    Addicted
    My choices would be:

Redman
    Sanders
    McLendon

I think the Steelers will tender Redman before Dwyer. It sounds like Haley wasn't too happy with Dwyer last year. Haley mentioned somewhere that he didn't understand why Dwyer would constantly tap out after 1 or 2 plays. Although Dwyer improved last season, I think he's reached his ceiling. If the Steelers do in fact pick a RB in the draft, like most expect them to, then I think Redman is the way to go. He's a guy that can play on 3rd down if needed, which is something Dwyer doesn't appear to be capable of.

McLendon is a no brainer. He's going to start at NT next season in place of Hampton. I don't see any of the guys in the draft being good enough to start from day one. I also don't feel like Ta'amu or Fangupo are the immediate answer at NT.

I also think Sanders is a no brainer to get tendered. If you think the WR depth chart is thin now, imagine if Sanders isn't brought back. He's definitely not a #1 WR, but he's a solid #2/#3. I'd give him one more year to show what he's got. I think Sanders biggest problem last year was dropped passes. If new WRs coach, Mann, is as good at teaching technique as his reputation says, then let's see if he can get Sanders to hold on to to the ball.

Those are the 3 guys I would tender. This is going to be one interesting offseason for the Steelers, that's for sure!!

Chris

Dwyer and Sanders would be locks, everyone else is 50/50

Banned
    Sanders, McClendon, and Dwyer IMO.

Let Redman and Sylvester go.

Thread Information