Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Woodley called out by a teammate.

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    I just caught this article on another site.

Ryan Clark urged Woodley to work out with him in Arizona; Woodley agreed. Clark then said, "LaMarr started there last Monday, where a lot of guys aren't even working out right now."

I may be misreading that, but it sounds like we have some athletes who are still in recovery mode. I'm hoping that their fitness work is in high gear by now.

Post edited..no content from Depot please.
    Thank you, - BRC
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 02-19-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    To be fair... Woodley did have a high ankle sprain, most of the season #justsaying

Not to mention He barely rushed the passer in the first half of the year b/c they were dropping him into coverage b/c Harrison could barley even walk w/out a limp

Woodley will be fine, im not worried about him. Im more worried about if Harrison doesnt come back b/c lets be honest they make each other better. If Harrison doesnt stay with the team then teams will key on Woodley b/c they wont be scared of: Worilds, Carter or a Rookie. Harrison and Woodley need each other (or someone to compliment themselves)...
    Agreed. Almost like Ben before his injury, people are forgetting what a terror Woodley was before he got injured in 2011. I'm not worried about him either. Like I said before, if he comes in healthy and in shape he'll wreak some more havoc. That is if LeBeau doesn't drop him into coverage twice as many times as he blitz'. I'll never forget that Denver game... No Harrion, our only real threat to rush the passer is Woodley and LeBeau rushed him only 10 times. 10... That's insane. He was doing that **** all up until he got injured. That's one reason why I'm not making a big deal out of his down year. LeBeau misused him and he was hurt. He was getting a lot of pressure on the QB before be went down, relative to the times he was actually allowed to rush the passer.

2nd String
    I bet Woodley knows who it is. As fans, we are not privy to everything that goes on between players. Telling the press who said that would accomplish nothing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    It is not surprising that the 8-8 result would create a little incident like this; I'm actually surprised that we haven't witnessed more unrest. In the face of the 8-8, many of our players will look inward, as they should, and a few will react by blaming their neighbors in the locker room. The great ones will do everything in their power to avoid the result that they have had to live with during this off-season. The good news is that the opportunities for redemption are not so far into the future. Until then, work Steelers. Work.

Ed Bouchette:
    #Steelers @LaMarrWoodley did not play poorly after signing big contract in '11. He was on fire. The facts here:

Woodley did not go from one of the best pass-rushing outside linebackers in the league to underperformer simply because he signed a big contract in 2011 worth $61.5 million over six years. He signed that contract in August, not long after the owners’ lockout ended and training camps opened. He then went on to become one of the NFL’s best pass rushers through the first half of the 2011 season with nine sacks through eight games. Hamstring injuries ruined the second half of that season and he did not have another sack.
    http://sulia.com/edbouchette/

Assistant Coach
    Woodley is awesome at dominating single blocks by run of the mill Right Tackles. He's also the best at getting coverage sacks.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

I think this guy is another Kendrell Bell.. awesome in his rookie years but fades quick..

Banned
    He also spends entirely too much time in pass coverage.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Larry Foote says that whoever said what they said about Woodley, broke the team code.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent Njsteelersnut's Avatar
    My Mood
    Manic
    Woodley suffered injuries because his lard *** wasnt in shape, he got his big payday and hasnt done squat since. His fat *** got manhandled all last season in one on one blocking.....it looked he was waltzing with every right tackle he lined up against. I say if he doesnt show up in incredible shape then trade his fat ***......screw Woodley
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I'm not sure I have a problem with a teammate calling him or other slacking players out. Just man up and not hide behind the pc screen...
    Says the fairy troll.

Thread Information