Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodley called out by a teammate.

Bookmark and Share

Woodley called out by a teammate.

Steelers teammate reportedly says Woodley 'awful' in 2012

By Marc Sessler

Published: February 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM PST

Modified: February 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM PST

LaMarr Woodley 's injury-plagued 2012 campaign has the Pittsburgh Steelers concerned about their outside linebacker's workout habits -- and at least one of his teammates talking.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Sunday the Steelers believe Woodley must approach his training regimen "with more diligence" after seeing parts of the past two seasons wiped away by a string of hamstring, groin and ankle issues.

"He was awful," one anonymous teammate said of Woodley's performance in 2012, in comments to Ron Cook of the Post-Gazette . "He tells us he works out, but we didn't see it. He wasn't in shape. That has to be a reason why he was always hurt."

Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert defended Woodley to the newspaper, but the team cannot be thrilled about the linebacker's play since signing a six-year, $61.5 million contract prior to the 2011 season. Woodley was a terror for much of that campaign, compiling nine sacks through eight games before going down with a hamstring injury against the New England Patriots in Week 8.

After piling up 35 sacks from 2008 to 2010, Woodley has just four takedowns since his injury against the Patriots two Octobers ago. One reason for the concern -- and unflattering comments -- in Pittsburgh.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL .

Draft Pick
    Yeah, I saw that article... A direct attack on LW's work ethic. It should motivate him.... a lot. If it discourages him, we need to look elsewhere.

Elite athletes are made by the things they do when nobody's lookin.

I hope he does what his job mandates. I wish I had the talent that he does to play that game.

"one anonymous teammate said"

I want to know who the little girl is that's too pussy to put his name to what he says. That **** pisses me off. Big man wants to call out another teammate but is too scared to face it.

Woodley was out of shape later in the year and was banged up. He was in better shape earlier this year than he was last year, and Wood was playing like a legit DPOY before he got hurt last year. I don't know of it was the injuries or lack of motivation, but I don't think being out of shape was his main issue. Hopefully he comes in this season in shape, healthy, and hungry. If that happens, and obviously that's a big if, he can be unstoppable... If he really wants to be.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    he doesn't have time to workout, he uses all his free time on facebook
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    "one anonymous teammate said"

I want to know who the little girl is that's too pussy to put his name to what he says. That **** pisses me off. Big man wants to call out another teammate but is too scared to face it.

Woodley was out of shape later in the year and was banged up. He was in better shape earlier this year than he was last year, and Wood was playing like a legit DPOY before he got hurt last year. I don't know of it was the injuries or lack of motivation, but I don't think being out of shape was his main issue. Hopefully he comes in this season in shape, healthy, and hungry. If that happens, and obviously that's a big if, he can be unstoppable... If he really wants to be.
    no he can't

Woodley called out by a teammate.

Woodley will never be unstoppable, that's laughable!

I hope they trade his overpaid ***! Keep Harrison and let the back up play the opposite side, you know the one that pretty much did all year in place of a fat hurt Woodley!

Banned
    My money is on Clark.

Banned
    Ben, Troy, Woodley, Timmons, Hampton, and a few others remind me of marshmallows more than football players.

Whoever the team member is that called him out. Is right.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    Elite athletes are made by the things they do when nobody's lookin.
    Quite right. Guys don't get by on talent alone. There's a tremendous amount of hard work and dedication that goes into being a great player. And once you get there, you have to work twice as hard to stay.

Thread Information