Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How should we approach the draft?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    The other side can't score when the offense keeps the defense on the sidelines either.

Which is the key to our defense's "ranking". Always has been.
    It wasn't soooo long ago that defense was truly the key to the Steelers fortunes. I'm hardwired to love great D, but almost nothing pleases me more than to us score! Well, you know what I mean.

Thats exactly why I feel like if the player we absolutely have to have is not there at 17 lets trade back and get more picks. Somebody will be hungry to get back in before the end of the round to get a player that they think won't make it back around to them.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Draft Pick
    Colbert will know how to play it. In the face of this draft, he's as motivated to perform as the players are to get the season started. I know we are going to be happy with their moves. There is logic in your suggestion; we've got a lot of gaps to worry about. Fortunately, this kind of problem does not happen to us too often.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We'll see how motivated Colbert is. But he's nothing but a turd that floats to me. He's the biggest culprit to why we are in the condition we are in.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    But then Tomlin & Colbert did discover Will Johnson when nobody was really looking for him. Johnson is the embodiment of the Steeler way. I'm hoping that his teammates will prepare themselves to play football like he does.

Colbert doesn't impress me, so well see what he does this year. Either Safety or DE in the first round will make me happy.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Colbert doesn't impress me, so well see what he does this year. Either Safety or DE in the first round will make me happy.
    If they would get a OL,TE,WR in the first... who would be the possible LB in the 2nd round?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We can't afford to take a stinkin safety in the first round. That's asinine.

We virtually have no capable LB's. Two out of the first three picks HAVE TO BE LB"s. That's how bad it has gotten. Unless they go out and sign a free agent LB's, we have to fix that position right away or there is no way in hell we are competitive next season. Harrison looks like he's done! Spence IS done! Woodley is questionable at best and Timmons? Who knows!!! We have to have depth.

And Lebeau better get his *** in gear and fix it so these LB's can come in and seriously contribute. I Don't want to hear this ****, " It takes time to learn this system" when I see all these other rookie LB's coming into the league and making an immediate impact. Lebeau...FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT WORK!!! Period.

This is how Tomlin (if he were a real coach) should be speaking to Lebeau.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Oh, Real Deal Steel, don't despair. I really think that Woodley will be a force (provided that his ankle issue is behind him). I may be in the minority, but I also think we'll find a way to convince Harrison to stay on one more year. We need his power and leadership. Spence is done; that is such a shame. Like you, I'm hoping we find some great new LBs in the early rounds, although I really won't be surprised if Warmack or Cooper falls to us in the 1st round.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    We can't afford to take a stinkin safety in the first round. That's asinine.

We virtually have no capable LB's. Two out of the first three picks HAVE TO BE LB"s. That's how bad it has gotten. Unless they go out and sign a free agent LB's, we have to fix that position right away or there is no way in hell we are competitive next season. Harrison looks like he's done! Spence IS done! Woodley is questionable at best and Timmons? Who knows!!! We have to have depth.

And Lebeau better get his *** in gear and fix it so these LB's can come in and seriously contribute. I Don't want to hear this ****, " It takes time to learn this system" when I see all these other rookie LB's coming into the league and making an immediate impact. Lebeau...FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT WORK!!! Period.

This is how Tomlin (if he were a real coach) should be speaking to Lebeau.
    Hey, dingbat, the Steelers have been #1 the last 2 years, and year in and year out. You cryin about defense?

Thread Information