Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How should we approach the draft?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Come on, have a little fun. Predict it like Chucktown did.
    Leon Sandcastle!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Draft Pick
    Alright, in round 1, I'd be delighted if we could get any one of the following:

C. Patterson, WR (Tennessee). I think Keenan Allen will go earlier in the draft, possibly to the Dolphins.
    Dion Jordan, OLB (Oregon) or CJ Mosley, LB (Alabama) because I think Jarvis Jones and B. Mingo will be drafted before we select. BTW, John Simon, DE/OLB (Ohio St.) & Bjoern Werner (Florida St.) are also decent prospects.

Here's another player to think about in round 1: Kenny Vaccaro, S (Texas). Dan Jeremiah thinks really highly of Vaccaro and even said that Vaccaro's style would be a good match for the Steelers. If we don't draft Vaccaro, he'll probably go to the Giants at 19 because they need him too.

If we go defense in round 1, we better be looking at a good WR prospect in round 2 (e.g. DeAndre Hopkins if he's still there) or one of those fine tight ends (e.g. Eifert, Z. Ertz). The best WR prospects will be gone by round 2.

And then there's Lacy at RB! It's hard to know where to turn.

Colbert has a tough job.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    Alright, in round 1, I'd be delighted if we could get any one of the following:

C. Patterson, WR (Tennessee). I think Keenan Allen will go earlier in the draft, possibly to the Dolphins.
    Dion Jordan, OLB (Oregon) or CJ Mosley, LB (Alabama) because I think Jarvis Jones and B. Mingo will be drafted before we select. BTW, John Simon, DE/OLB (Ohio St.) & Bjoern Werner (Florida St.) are also decent prospects.

Here's another player to think about in round 1: Kenny Vaccaro, S (Texas). Dan Jeremiah thinks really highly of Vaccaro and even said that Vaccaro's style would be a good match for the Steelers. If we don't draft Vaccaro, he'll probably go to the Giants at 19 because they need him too.

If we go defense in round 1, we better be looking at a good WR prospect in round 2 (e.g. DeAndre Hopkins if he's still there) or one of those fine tight ends (e.g. Eifert, Z. Ertz). The best WR prospects will be gone by round 2.

And then there's Lacy at RB! It's hard to know where to turn.

Colbert has a tough job.
    CJ Mosley is going back to Alabama... and Werner is much more than a decent prospect

Re: How should we approach the draft?

Deff BPA with the amount of holes on this team BPA will most likely also be a need.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    I'd trade all the picks for next year, and then some.
    I'd rather play my youth this year to find out about guys, then draft 15 guys next year.
    We need to start rebuilding because Tomlin and Colbert didn't draft well. Since we have no power back, what the heck, play a spread offense.
    Speed and conditioning in the 4th quarter is where its at.

Veteran
    What they really need is a couple impact players (both on O and on D.) I think they will focus more on offense, although I could see the first pick being an OLB and the next 3 being offensive skill positions. Even though people keep saying it, I see no Chance they draft Womack nor anyone on the DL (the "experts" on the NFL.com site all have the Steelers drafting a DT. /sigh. Idiots.)

Gonna be an interesting draft. Can't wait to get there.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Leon Sandcastle!
    I like it!

Rookie Free Agent Njsteelersnut's Avatar
    My Mood
    Manic
    This team better start signing free agents....because the draft alone sure as **** hasnt been getting it done......Colbert and compnay BLOW
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

I feel like if we can't get the player we absolutely want I say trade back and get more picks so we can fill more holes. I really hope that Vacarro is there at 17 other than him I don't know who else is an impact player that we need that will fall that far. My guess is all the top OLB will be gone, and that kid Vacarro diagnoses screens and attack them like Troy used to. With the way the screen game is now we need that. Also that would preserve Troy and Clark through out the season. I think that Robert Golden will be one of our starting safeties in the future.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Njsteelersnut View Post
    This team better start signing free agents....because the draft alone sure as **** hasnt been getting it done......Colbert and compnay BLOW
    Well, going after the free agents of others is not the way the Steelers do business. They'll spend money on their own before they look to the FAs of others (but we'll see; this year might be different given our gaps at many positions). I really hope we can keep Keenan Lewis & James Harrison (somehow). Number 92 will likely need to accept something in the neighborhood of 3M.

By the way, I like your name "Njsteelersnut"; I am one too.

Thread Information