Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ogletree charged with DUI

Bookmark and Share

Ogletree charged with DUI

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...dui-in-arizona

Alec Ogletree, the former Georgia linebacker who was pegged by many as a first-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, was charged with DUI in Arizona, his agent told ProFootballTalk.

"Last weekend, my client Alec Ogletree was pulled over for speeding and a lane violation in Arizona," Ogletree's agent, Pat Dye, Jr. told the website.

"After the officers smelled alcohol, they conducted tests and also cited him for DUI. Although Alec regrets this incident terribly, he is thankful that there was no accident and that no one was hurt. Because this matter is still pending, we cannot comment further publicly at this time."

The incident is the latest in a growing list for the former Bulldogs linebacker, who was suspended for four games in 2012 by coach Mark Richt for failing drug tests in the spring.

As a freshman, Ogletree was arrested and charged with theft after taking a Georgia track athlete's motorcycle helmet. He was suspended to start that season.

Ogletree led the Bulldogs with 111 tackles in 2012 despite his four-game ban, and prior to the arrest, he was projected by NFL.com's Gil Brandt to be drafted with the No. 8 overall pick.

With the NFL Scouting Combine just days away, it remains to be seen if the arrest will affect Ogletree's draft stock.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    multi-millon dollar mistake... downward spiral now...

evidently he isnt a "quick learner" b/c how much sense can you have to drive when drinking weeks before the biggest job interview of your life... especially when he has already had problems in the past

dumbass
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Ogletree charged with DUI

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post

evidently he isnt a "quick learner" b/c how much sense can you have to drive when drinking weeks before the biggest job interview of your life... especially when he has already had problems in the past

dumbass
    This!!! Wtf is wrong with people?
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    Thankfully, there's decent depth at the LB position in this year's draft. Mingo (LSU) or Brandon Jenkins (Fla. St.) or Khaseem Green (Rutgers) would be nice selections. Everyone likes Mingo's potential, although I've heard that he needs to get stronger and sharpen his play-making instincts.

Draft Pick
    A team will still draft him although clearly the flags are up. What baffles me is these guys still get a chance to play in the nfl. If i f up at my job its over period..

Banned
    Yeah, lets keep drafting choir boys, the game should get a lot more exciting with an all choir boy league.

What the heck, just allow BYU players to play in the NFL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jdehoff83 View Post
    A team will still draft him although clearly the flags are up. What baffles me is these guys still get a chance to play in the nfl. If i f up at my job its over period..
    Un-huh, if the grocery store manager finds out his top grocery bagger got busted for drunk driving, its over.

Banned

dumbass

If you are drafted in the top 10, you are going to a lousy team.
    If you drop to the latter part of round one, you go to a good team.

2nd String
    This will not affect him at all. Despite the front the league puts up in the end it really does not matter. We are only looking at rookie contract after all. Someone will sign him and just tell him not screw up.

dumbass

2nd String
    He is not working for anyone yet. Who is going to fire him!

Quote Originally Posted by jdehoff83 View Post

Thread Information