Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Heinz Field voted worst grass field...

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #61
    2nd String Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    The players aint paying the bills and I am sure I played on worse......STFU and play.
    the hell they don't, without those players the rooneys get no money.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  2. #62
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    the hell they don't, without those players the rooneys get no money.........
    So you're tellin me the players sign the Rooney's checks? Players are replaceable, the Rooneys have proved that over the years.

  3. #63
    2nd String Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    the players are the reason he gets money...... if his players don't like it, he needs to listen to them........ field turf is a most..... the commish needs to step in and force them to fix the field
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  4. #64
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    3,057
    I think what he's saying is that without the players performing at a level that brings playoff and championships, the Steelers franchise isn't worth near the $830 Mil tag that was recently placed on it. The franchise would suffer considerably if the Steelers were consistent losers.


    I agree, ask the Lions ....

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    70
    This is the nfl. Who cares about how the field is. We are the steelers.

  6. #66
    SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Morgantown,WV/Yardley,PA
    Posts
    3,854
    Quote Originally Posted by big d View Post
    This is the nfl. Who cares about how the field is. We are the steelers.
    Exactly grass is grass get over it

  7. #67
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,682
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im as guilty as anybody for liking to see the NFL played on natural grass but it doesnt change the fact that Heinz field is and has been and will continue to be a crappy looking and dismal performing field. Every other team in the northeast has seen it yet we continue to have a beautiful stadium and an ugly field that we spend hundreds of thousands of dollars ever year replacing turf on. It's wasteful spending and there's no sense to it if you ask me.

  8. #68
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    3,057
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Im as guilty as anybody for liking to see the NFL played on natural grass but it doesnt change the fact that Heinz field is and has been and will continue to be a crappy looking and dismal performing field. Every other team in the northeast has seen it yet we continue to have a beautiful stadium and an ugly field that we spend hundreds of thousands of dollars ever year replacing turf on. It's wasteful spending and there's no sense to it if you ask me.

    I'm with ya man ... it's an embarassment.

    Time for some Fieldturf. 13 other NFL teams that made the leap because they were tired of trying to maintain the grass surface swear by it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Decision on playing surface at Heinz Field due shortly
    By NOVA STEELERS in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 05:17 PM
  2. Grass? Or Fake Grass? The Steelers still undecided
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 06:52 PM
  3. Davenport hopes to make the Heinz Field Hop a regular occurrence
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 03:27 PM
  4. BC defends Heinz Field turf
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 06:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •