Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heinz Field voted worst grass field...

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    but imagine if he didn't fall so much............ 200 yard games would be a reg lol.........

if they don't want to switch to the good stuff, then they should ban pitt from playing, they suck anyway..........
    Dude its just not Pitt. They let the high schools player their championship games there at Heinz. I agree the field is **** and if they do switch I won't bitch about it. I just like the grass and hate the fake crap. I know its silly but hey I never said I was normal in my overall thinking.lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The panthers, the high school teams, the concerts, events, everything that goes on at Heinz will contribute to the entire complex getting old before it's time.

The Rooney's will never do it, but get Pitt their own damn stadium, let the high school kids play there, and keep the concerts set up in such a fashion that the actual field isn't touched any more than necessary.

Let's just get a roll away field like the Cards have.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    The panthers, the high school teams, the concerts, events, everything that goes on at Heinz will contribute to the entire complex getting old before it's time.

The Rooney's will never do it, but get Pitt their own damn stadium, let the high school kids play there, and keep the concerts set up in such a fashion that the actual field isn't touched any more than necessary.

Now you're talking Top, I like how the Cards field can move. Thats the best idea yet.

i'd be happy with the turf they use at ford field, with the rubber "dirt" in it, the players like it and it looks nice, ive been on it before and its a good surface

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    pitt shouldn't even play on it, the rooney's need to stop being cheap and just pay for it so only the steelers can use it..... pitt should go play at a high school stadium or build their own........
    Pitt used to have their own stadium, but it was old and they tore it down and built a new field house on the site. I think one of the ways Pittsburgh and the Steelers got all the funding for Heinz Field they needed was to agree to allow Pitt to play their football games there. It's actually odd, you can tell the stadium is the home of the Steelers and not the Panthers, and it's location on the North Shore of Pittsburgh is actually far away from the UofPitt campus.

It is hard enough to coordinate field surface matenance with Pitt playing there on Saturdays and the Steelers playing there on Sundays. That doesn't give the surface enough time to heal after one football game. But when you factor in having high schools play there on Fridays/Saturdays plus the myriad other events that go on during the week by Sunday the field is ****.

BuFu

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

PRIORITIES

Sorry fellas, no new turf this year ... see, the Steelers have other priorities like a brand new $2.2 Mil. Hi-Def screen that will be going in. I was against this at first, but considering how great the quality of the picture will be ... perhaps the Rooney's will finally realize what a POS kitty litter box they actually play on.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Oh so that's what the reason is, and here I thought it was because they were too cheap

Ktrain, the field turf is exactly what you're talking about.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    check this out... http://www.fieldturf.com/index.cfm

watch the short video listed in the top right corner under tech info

My Mood
    Ratbirds

the rooney's shouldn't have to do nothing for pitt....... use the tuitions it's already high as **** anyway.....us it for something useful instead off fattening their bank accounts from ripping off all the kids...............
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    check this out... http://www.fieldturf.com/index.cfm

watch the short video listed in the top right corner under tech info
    interesting what they say about brady now being able to move.....imagine how much better of a scrambler ben would be if he had field turf.....
    Last edited by Koopa; 02-01-2007 at 10:32 PM.
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information