Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heinz Field voted worst grass field...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Hburg View Post
    Heinz Field: Meant only for the Pittsburgh Steelers and University of Pittsburgh Panthers.....and even that's pushing it.

I would like to see the field remain grass but they better sprinkle a shitload of Miracle-Gro on that **** if they hope to make playing at Heinz Field worthwhile. No more random games being held at the stadium...and if there are any superflous events then have a platform to cover the field and protect the damn grass!

BuFu

pitt shouldn't even play on it, the rooney's need to stop being cheap and just pay for it so only the steelers can use it..... pitt should go play at a high school stadium or build their own........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The good ole days when football is supposed to be played in the grass and mud is fine when you have a field that can support it. Our field takes so much of a beating that it's not even mud, dirt, or grass by November, it's sand and the footing sucks.

Gold Standard

What is everybody else using?

It's just a really bad playing surface... too many games.
    I agree our surface stinks. All of us who grew up in PA have played tackle football in big grass fields and I don't remember slipping and sliding all over the place. They need to find out what other northern teams are using. When you put a product on the field thats worth over 100 million per year you have got to protect your investment! At times this past year it has looked like we were playing on ice! Eventually we are going to lose a star because of that crappy field. Its a beautiful stadium with a horrible playing surface. C'mon, this is the 21st century and grass and turf technology is high tech. Look at the golf courses around the world. They can practically get grass to grow on pavement! If they don't want to spend money than they should put in a synthetic grass turf although (artificial turf) shortens careers. But so will a loosely sodded field with bad footing!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I agree our surface stinks. All of us who grew up in PA have played tackle football in big grass fields and I don't remember slipping and sliding all over the place. They need to find out what other northern teams are using. When you put a product on the field thats worth over 100 million per year you have got to protect your investment! At times this past year it has looked like we were playing on ice! Eventually we are going to lose a star because of that crappy field. Its a beautiful stadium with a horrible playing surface. C'mon, this is the 21st century and grass and turf technology is high tech. Look at the golf courses around the world. They can practically get grass to grow on pavement! If they don't want to spend money than they should put in a synthetic grass turf although (artificial turf) shortens careers. But so will a loosely sodded field with bad footing!

field turf is what the northern teams are starting to use.........and i love the way it looks, and i think it would benefit willie a lot, he won't be slipping as much.........

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Rooney's spend hundreds of thousands of dollars resodding the field at Heinz every year. They do it atleast twice a year because it just can't take the beating. Cincy used to have grass, so did New England, Cleveland, Washington, Baltimore, you name it and they all went to field turf because it's easy to maintain, its easier on players knees, and lasts a long time.

We're not talking astroturf here anymore that is just cement with outdoor green carpet overtop, todays fieldturf is indeed high tech stuff.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Since there isn't any major injuries I say keep it... plus after having that artificial crap at TRS I'm happy to see the grass and torn up field!
    I'm with you on this 100 percent. The Steelers havn't had a history of season ending injuries due to the ****** grass. So keep the grass and forget the fake crap.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    All it takes is one major injury to a key player on our team because they slipped and twisted their knee the wrong way, then everybody in the media and the fans will be screaming how bad the turf is and why haven't we fixed it yet.

I seriously doubt the Rooney's will do anything to fix the issue, it's been this way for so long; my only hope is that they'll see teams like New England finally giving in and getting a decent field to match the beautiful stadium we have.

Yes I know injuries can happen on any field at any time, but I'd rather take my chances on a quality field than a crappy one

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm with you on this 100 percent. The Steelers havn't had a history of season ending injuries due to the ****** grass. So keep the grass and forget the fake crap.
    so you want willie to keep sliding all over the place instead of breaking 40 yard runs????? it's not only about injuries...... it effects the game because ppl can't stay up even when not touched........ even our own players don't like it, so it shouldn't matter what fans want....... the rooney's need to switch it to field turf.......

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    so you want willie to keep sliding all over the place instead of breaking 40 yard runs????? it's not only about injuries...... it effects the game because ppl can't stay up even when not touched........ even our own players don't like it, so it shouldn't matter what fans want....... the rooney's need to switch it to field turf.......
    Willie didn't struggle at home. He struggled on the road. Sure he slipped at home but hey his overall play was great at Home. So I don't think the ****** field effected him to much at home.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Willie didn't struggle at home. He struggled on the road. Sure he slipped at home but hey his overall play was great at Home. So I don't think the ****** field effected him to much at home.
    but imagine if he didn't fall so much............ 200 yard games would be a reg lol.........

if they don't want to switch to the good stuff, then they should ban pitt from playing, they suck anyway..........

Thread Information