Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It has to be Linebacker in the first....................

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    The offense can't score while the other team has the ball and our defense can't get off the field. How many completed third and longs have we seen by opposing defenses the past few years. I am not talking about third and five, either. I am talking about third and 17 or longer.

Draft Pick
    Dear ChucktownSteeler,

I'm with you on the "defense wins championships". If the talent pool on the offensive side is sufficiently deep, I'd be delighted to see us get a great, new LB in round 1. Incidentally, who is your favorite prospect at LB position this year?

Respectfully,
    BSYP

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    Dear ChucktownSteeler,

I'm with you on the "defense wins championships". If the talent pool on the offensive side is sufficiently deep, I'd be delighted to see us get a great, new LB in round 1. Incidentally, who is your favorite prospect at LB position this year?

Respectfully,
    BSYP
    Per my Mock 1.0, I like Barkevious Mingo of LSU. If we go another direction in the first round, I mind seeing us draft Minter (ILB), in the second round, also of LSU. There is also a pretty darn good LB fromGeorgia, that we could think about on the first round.

My all-time favorite Steeler, Jack Lambert of course.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    i think if they sit @ 17 it will prolly be a LB, unless someone slips

however, i wouldnt be shocked to see them move back and pick up a few picks as well...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Draft Pick
    B. Mingo seems compelling.

Guys like Brandon Jenkins (OLB, Florida State) and Khaseem Green (Rutgers) might also be attractive prospects for us. Jenkins is fast and has long arms; Green was described as a player who "rips violently at the ball as he makes tackles" and has "an incredible ability to create turnovers." Green and Jenkins are projected to go in rounds 2-3, so they may well be there for us if we take Patterson, Etz or Eifert in round 1.

Lambert is my all-time favorite too.

It has to be Linebacker in the first....................

Both Jarvis Jones and Dion Jordan, to me, are both better prospects for our system than Mingo. I would love either though.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Draft Pick
    Yes, Dion Jordan probably sits above Jenkins & Green, although I was moved by the description of Green's strengths (i.e. "he rips violently at the ball as he makes tackles" and has "an incredible ability to create turnovers"). We need a play-maker like that.

It's too bad about Jarvis Jones's spinal issue; aside from that, he is a remarkable prospect. Apparently, his health issue is not a small matter. It certainly elevates the risk with his selection.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    WR as with RB don't need to be addressed in the first round, unless there is an Adrian Peterson or Jerry Rice available. The RB the Redskins got last year in the 6th round and Mike Wallace was in the third. Also, if you have number 1 picks across the OL in a few years it will be tough to afford them all. We have a good corp on the OL now, we need to add depth in the later rounds.

The glaring weakness now is at LB.
    using this logic, harrison wasn't drafted and cut multiple times by us before landing a job...just saying.

if jarvis jones is there at 17 we have to take him. other than that, this pick can be used for anything because you could make a case for a need at almost every position. this will be a draft that is based on the old philosophy of BPA.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    using this logic, harrison wasn't drafted and cut multiple times by us before landing a job...just saying.

if jarvis jones is there at 17 we have to take him. other than that, this pick can be used for anything because you could make a case for a need at almost every position. this will be a draft that is based on the old philosophy of BPA.
    Linebacker is the heart and soul of this team. Always has been, always will be. We need to re-stock our LB shelf. Harrison my be a cap casualty, then you have Worilds and Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    Yes, Dion Jordan probably sits above Jenkins & Green, although I was moved by the description of Green's strengths (i.e. "he rips violently at the ball as he makes tackles" and has "an incredible ability to create turnovers"). We need a play-maker like that.

It's too bad about Jarvis Jones's spinal issue; aside from that, he is a remarkable prospect. Apparently, his health issue is not a small matter. It certainly elevates the risk with his selection.
    To me, Jarvis Jones is every bit the prospect Von Miller was coming out of college. Yes, the spinal stuff is very scary. There has also been reports that his work ethic is less than ideal. However, he is an amazing prospect who is such a disruptive force.

I love Dion Jordan in our system because he has been asked to do literally the same thing in college which we ask of our LBs, including a lot of dropping back into coverage.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information