Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It has to be Linebacker in the first....................

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Addicted

It has to be Linebacker in the first....................

Draft Pick
    It makes no sense to draft a player in the first round that will take a couple of seasons to see the field. Warmack is going to drop into our laps and the line will be set for several years.

My Mood
    Addicted
    You have to replenish the corp sometime. That arguement could be used every year, we would not have Timmons.

Our success (or lack there-of) is predicated on the play of the line backing corp.

It has to be linebacker. I think Hightower was the pick last year until DeCastro fell in our laps. We can't have number picks accross the OL at the expense of other positions.

Draft Pick
    The linebacker position is clearly an area of great need for us too. We all know we need a new "edge rusher".

The linebacker position made me a huge Steeler fan!

We'll protect our legacy there.

Draft Pick
    I just don't know if we can take the risk of looking for our future play-makers on offense in the later rounds. Ben needs some new options now.

Draft Pick
    Well, it hard to argue that we shouldn't maintain a focus on the O-line. Despite his height (6'2''), Warmack has generated enthusiasm among the talent scouts. We could use him for sure, but I don't think we can afford to overlook our gaps at other positions, especially at WR. I would much rather see us get C. Patterson (or an analogous talent) at WR before we make another selection at OG. With the imminent departure of Mike Wallace and the lingering questions about the durability of the other guys we have, we must get game-ready play makers right away. And then there's the issue of Heath's recovery! I truly hope he heals up fast; I don't want to think about the possibility that he will miss games this season.

Draft Pick
    In case you missed it our defense wasn't/isn't the problem. It's our offense's inability to score, pass protect, and run that is the problem. Solidifying the offensive line will go a long way to improving our offense.

My Mood
    Addicted
    WR as with RB don't need to be addressed in the first round, unless there is an Adrian Peterson or Jerry Rice available. The RB the Redskins got last year in the 6th round and Mike Wallace was in the third. Also, if you have number 1 picks across the OL in a few years it will be tough to afford them all. We have a good corp on the OL now, we need to add depth in the later rounds.

The glaring weakness now is at LB.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    WR as with RB don't need to be addressed in the first round, unless there is an Adrian Peterson or Jerry Rice available. The RB the Redskins got last year in the 6th round and Mike Wallace was in the third. Also, if you have number 1 picks across the OL in a few years it will be tough to afford them all. We have a good corp on the OL now, we need to add depth in the later rounds.

The glaring weakness now is at LB.
    using this logic, harrison wasn't drafted and cut multiple times by us before landing a job...just saying.

if jarvis jones is there at 17 we have to take him. other than that, this pick can be used for anything because you could make a case for a need at almost every position. this will be a draft that is based on the old philosophy of BPA.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    using this logic, harrison wasn't drafted and cut multiple times by us before landing a job...just saying.

if jarvis jones is there at 17 we have to take him. other than that, this pick can be used for anything because you could make a case for a need at almost every position. this will be a draft that is based on the old philosophy of BPA.
    Linebacker is the heart and soul of this team. Always has been, always will be. We need to re-stock our LB shelf. Harrison my be a cap casualty, then you have Worilds and Carter.

Thread Information