Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of big name rb's & wr's going to be available soon

Bookmark and Share

Lots of big name rb's & wr's going to be available soon

In free agency and possible trades. As for the rb's ,free agents look like Ahmad Bradshaw, Shonn Greene, Michael Turner, Mendy, DeAngelo Williams will be out there. Possible trades Maurice Drew, Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson. Wr's Wallace of course, Dwayne Bowe, Wes Welker, Greg Jennings, Brandon Lloyd , Randy Moss, Percy Harvin, Darrius Heyward-Bey. So if the Steelers would ever decide to use free agency to plug some holes on offense there is some options out there.

DeAnglo Williams would be interesting and could be had cheap and showed he still has it this past year.. Sign him for a 1 year deal and draft a rb for the future. Heyward Bey is also intriguing and is talented and maybe just needs a change of scenery.
    Last edited by BubbyBlister; 02-12-2013 at 11:18 AM.

would love deangelo williams or steven jackson (whos contract is voided, hes a FA)

Hwyward bey is a guy to get now, hes come a long way from when he was drafted, hes been exactly what i thought he would be and is just starting to turn the corner

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    In free agency and possible trades. As for the rb's ,free agents look like Ahmad Bradshaw, Shonn Greene, Michael Turner, Mendy, DeAngelo Williams will be out there. Possible trades Maurice Drew, Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson. Wr's Wallace of course, Dwayne Bowe, Wes Welker, Greg Jennings, Brandon Lloyd , Randy Moss, Percy Harvin, Darrius Heyward-Bey. So if the Steelers would ever decide to use free agency to plug some holes on offense there is some options out there.
    Reggie Bush is a free agent i believe

I don't think we will be able to afford any of those guys. We have to look towards the 2nd/3rd tier market... which has some interesting guys that have been failures but could rejuvinate their careers (Felix Jones, Ramses Barden)

steven jackson could be very afforable, hes not gonna command top dollar. The rams gave him the option to void his contract, i think he just wants to go out a contender

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    steven jackson could be very afforable, hes not gonna command top dollar. The rams gave him the option to void his contract, i think he just wants to go out a contender
    Do you think Jackson could have one more big year in him?...He has a ton of miles on those legs and has taken a ton of hits...

maybe not 300 carries, but he could definitely be like LT when he was with the jets, and LT was their best back that year.

hes a good fit for haley too, in the passing game especially

Of all the RBs on that list i like the sound of Steven Jackson the best. I think he would be the most affordable VS. the biggest upgrade to fill a position of need on this team. MJD would be a dream scenerio: maybe he jut REALLY wants to play for a contender?!?! LOL doubtful! Bush would be nice but i think for the money he wants we could have an everydown back like Steven Jackson and some change. I liken him more to Corey Dillon when he left the Bungles for the Pats. He would be coming into a better team and organization.

As far as the WR's: I think Wallace, Jennings, Welker, Harvin, Bowe and even DHB fit into the "too expensive" category. I would want more production than what Moss brings... so that leave Brandon Lloyd. I think that guy would be a great fit. He had his best year playing with Kyle Orton in 2010, after that his second best was last year. So he's still produtive even at his age. He would prob be cheaper than any of the other, younger FA's too.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Deangelo Williams would be good. Steven Jackson has a lot of mileage on those tires. I"d prefer to pass on him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

In the last 4 years he's missed 2 starts and has averaged over 1200 yards... with the Rams! D'Angelo Williams would be a good choice for a 2nd back to share carries with Dwyer or whoever. But feature back he is not! He hasnt had 200 carries in YEARS and Steven Jackson had a great year last year getting 250~ carries.

Thread Information