Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrison won't take a paycut to stay with the Steelers...

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Yeah the Steelers need him more than he needs the Steelers. Injuries are the only thing holding him back. In '11 he still had about 10 sacks, made the ProBowl and he missed all those games after breaking his face against the Texans. I think he got bad advice last offseason forgoing surgery until TC and that held him back last year. If he gets healthy, there is no reason to think he wont be that 10-15 sack type of guy he's been since '08. And yes, he is VERY under rated as a run defender too!
    Harrison is still a damn BEAST vs the run no doubt.....But at his age and with the money he is due to receive then it will be hard for the Steelers to keep him....Its a shame but it is a business......I agree if healthy he could easily post double digit sacks again but that is a big.....IF

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Harrison is still a damn BEAST vs the run no doubt.....But at his age and with the money he is due to receive then it will be hard for the Steelers to keep him....Its a shame but it is a business......I agree if healthy he could easily post double digit sacks again but that is a big.....IF
    Oh dont get me wrong: I agree he's going to get offered a lesser salary, then get cut when he refuses it. Im just saying the previous posters were talking like he's garbage and thats far from true.

He'd still be worth his contract if they moved him to MLB. The man would be a hell of a buck.

Assistant Coach

Harrison won't take a paycut to stay with the Steelers...

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    He'd still be worth his contract if they moved him to MLB. The man would be a hell of a buck.
    I'm not so sure about that, but I'd like to see it to make a proper judgment.

I don't know if his body would hold up
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach

Harrison won't take a paycut to stay with the Steelers...

Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Not necessarily and he is willing to restructure just not taking a pay cut. Guess it really boils down to what the Steelers do in the draft.
    He's in the last year of his deal. There's no restructuring, the only option would be a contract extension for an older player... Not a good idea

EDIT : My mistake... he has 2 years left...

still, i'd cut him. We need to clean up our cap mess. pushing more **** into the future only exacerbates the problem
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 02-12-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

My Mood
    Addicted
    I hope he comes back. The man is a disruptive beast. He was never healthy last season.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I hope he comes back. The man is a disruptive beast. He was never healthy last season.
    He was injured the year before as well (just coming off neck surgery.) That's what happens when you get old. The body starts breaking down. Could he be productive for another year, sure if he's healthy, but given where the Steelers are, and the cap situation, it's time to let him go.

It's better to let these guys go a year too early than a year too late. And if he catches on with another team and has a great year, that's fantastic. He was a great player and one of my favorite Steelers. No matter what, he's cemented a spot in Steeler lore and Super Bowl legend.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'd like to give him one more shot, unless we get a Mingo like beast in the draft.

If Harrison gets cut, he will be out of work for about 15 minutes.

In the beginning of the year, I said he would not be back in 2013 because of his body breaking down. He finished the year strong and healthier than he has even been at the end of a season. I roll the dice on him for one more year, but that nit nat has to restructure or take a paycut with incentives. Even if Woody moves to the blind side, who is going to play LOLB, Carter or Worilds? That's great news for offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I'd like to give him one more shot, unless we get a Mingo like beast in the draft.
    mingo is becoming more and more interesting to me

Thread Information