Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lots of big name rb's & wr's going to be available soon

Bookmark and Share

Lots of big name rb's & wr's going to be available soon

Redman is downright awful! Dwyer isn't much better!! Batch is terrible... So wtf lets let our number 1 pick RB just walk! Makes no fn sense to me!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think Redman can be useful in spot duty and situational football. I keep Batch another year, good special teaser and third down back. Mendy and Dwyer can walk, draft Lacy and sign a veteran RB on the cheap.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Redman is downright awful! Dwyer isn't much better!! Batch is terrible... So wtf lets let our number 1 pick RB just walk! Makes no fn sense to me!
    Redman is not awful. Redman is a great short yardage back and imo i put him in for 3 d and short over dwyer all the time. Is the guy a featured back? F no but can he get you that first down 9 out of 10 when u need it? I like to think so
    Mendy is gone imo. Steelers need to replace him i like lacy well see

redman is terrible...he is basically gary russell

dwyer should be kept, but the rest are very blah. They need to pick up a draft pick and hopefully a FA

Draft Pick
    OMG Bubby B, that pic is.... disgusting.

Something tells me our Steelers won't look to free agent wide receivers. They will gain some exciting, new members of the youth movement in the 2013 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Well the Steelers have tough choices to make. At RB Redman and Dwyer are RFA's and Mendenhall is a UFA. Lets assume they tender Dwyer and Redman. They are going to lose Wallace, most likeley. So at WR they have: Antonio Brown locked up. Emmanuel Snaders is an RFA, Cotchery is signed through 2013 but he is a prime candidate to be cut to make cap room. Burress is a UFA and likely wont be resigned. So they will prob tender Sanders and work on a long term deal and enter the 2013 season (pre draft) with Brown and Sanders as the only wrs with any game experience to speak of.

I dont know about you but i think they are going to have to sign a WR in FA or spend a 1st round draft pick on a hopeful sure thing at WR. If thats the case: I'd still look to bring in veteran help at RB because neither Dwyer or Redman proved they are everyday RB's in the NFL IMO. I dont think Steven Jackson would ask for much compared to some of the others. I'd also part ways with Redman after signing Eddie Lacy in the 2nd round if they're luck.
    Lol Crotchery is a prime candidate to get cut! Makes sense since he is the only one that catches the ball and does his job when called upon. Lets save 400,000 and cut Crotchery and get another wr in here that can't catch and be counted upon.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Redman is what he is, a good back when you need a yard for a first down. He is golden at that. Dwyer as of seeing him don't fit any specific role. Not a starting rb, not proven at getting first downs or goaline, not proven at pass catching. At least Redman is proven for something and fits a role for a team.

Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    OMG Bubby B, that pic is.... disgusting.

Something tells me our Steelers won't look to free agent wide receivers. They will gain some exciting, new members of the youth movement in the 2013 draft.
    Lol thanks man. I'm hoping the Steelers address other needs in the draft and pick up someone decent in free agency at wr.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    redman is terrible...he is basically gary russell

dwyer should be kept, but the rest are very blah. They need to pick up a draft pick and hopefully a FA
    i dont think it's fair to call Redman terrible. He is a utility back (short yardage and goalline), with enough ability to fill in when needed. His conversion rate behind poor offensive lines over the years is quite good.

Banned
    I'd keep Redman and Dwyer, and try to pick up Taiwan and Felix Jones.

Then I'd try for Bowe and Percy Harvin.

I feel half drunk just thinkin about it.

Thread Information