Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is Terry Bradshaw always overlooked in the best QB ever category?

Bookmark and Share
    Steelers Qb's never get any good recongnition, it always comes down to the "defense". Not taking anything away from the Steelers defense in the 1970 with all them HOF's, but Bradshaw from what I take it was pretty damn good in his own respect. Sorry was born 1988, never got to see the dynasty

Starter
    He turned it over too much. Even in his later years. He had three straight 20 pick seasons in years 9, 10, and 11.

And that doesn't even include fumbles.

Ben and Terry are a lot alike on the field. But Bradshaw was faster running and had a slightly better arm.

But the way Ben sets up the pass with his legs, is exactly how Bradshaw did it also in his late career.

Banned
    Bradshaw never saw a triple coverage he didn't like to throw into.

Starter
    And four rings later, the only one to do it calling his own plays.......i will take that with 20 pick a year anytime.....

Banned
    Just like ben, He wasn't good enough to take a game over himself. Like ben, his stats were average...But he was definitely better than big ben...Ben is over rated...Please go to NFL.com and look at this stats through out his career. SCREAMS MEDIOCRITY....Always had good defenses. Look at the steelers average defense this year. Ben wasn't good enough to carry the team to playoffs like other top qbs do

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    i take prime Terry over marcia brady anyday of the week, and twice on superbowl sunday.
    I couldn't have said that any better myself!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsPackers View Post
    Just like ben, He wasn't good enough to take a game over himself. Like ben, his stats were average...But he was definitely better than big ben...Ben is over rated...Please go to NFL.com and look at this stats through out his career. SCREAMS MEDIOCRITY....Always had good defenses. Look at the steelers average defense this year. Ben wasn't good enough to carry the team to playoffs like other top qbs do
    Before that rib/aorta injury, Ben was playing great! With more weapons and a healthy & effective O-line, Ben will excel again.

Ben Roethlisberger has the ninth-highest career passer rating in NFL history. You think that's "average"? You're dumb. **** you.

By the way, have you ever noticed how a QB is literally never on the field with his defense? That'd make a good defense pretty much immaterial to a QB's individual performance. The only possible advantage a good defense can give a QB with regard to his efficiency is a slightly shorter field on average. Then again, the Steelers defense hasn't produced enough turnovers the last two seasons to give the offense many short fields, thus the average starting field position for the offense has been in the bottom half of the league, so Roethlisberger hasn't even had that advantage.

Instead, he's had to make do with a mediocre offensive line and RBs, and a group of overrated WRs. At least his TE is good. When an offense has only a QB, TE and C who play consistently well from week to week, let alone season to season, then it's going to look disjointed regardless of how good the QB really is. Fact is, Roethlisberger has been given a below-average supporting cast on offense. If sports talk radio hosts with worldviews as disparate as Colin Cowherd and Bob Valvano can notice the same thing, then anybody who hasn't noticed is dumb, and anybody who refuses to notice is ignorant.

"You gotta get over this 'well he's got a great defense.' He can't throw to his defense. His defense doesn't block for him." -Colin Cowherd discussing Ben Roethlisberger (December 2010)

"You can't keep telling me that the QB is the most important position on a football team and then claim that a QB has had nothing to do with his team's success." -Bob Valvano discussing Ben Roethlisberger (January 2011)
    Last edited by DBR96A; 02-20-2013 at 09:47 PM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Starter
    What? Have you seen his stats? Top 3 - 5 in most stats. I think you need to go to NFL.com and check out his stats. Just because you don't like him will not allow you to project your fantasyland fanboy opinion of him on those who know better. Next you will be telling me stop lights are green. And grass is purple. Did you see his last SB win? I can't remember a QB took over a game the way he did in a regular game, and he did that in a SB. Even if that was his pinnacle, that is a pinnacle most QB's would love to have.

I just don't understand how football makes people act this way. Either some fans are stupid or trolls. Take your pick. Both are just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Because he was a turnover machine.

Really that simple. He turned the ball over from the time he showed up until the time he stopped playing.
    So did Favre. I think it is more the overall team he played with. And, he was definitely a post-season QB.

Thread Information