Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WR Cordarelle Patterson

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach

WR Cordarelle Patterson

I've been looking back at tape on him for the last week...First, I consider WR the most pressing need. Ben aint a spring chicken anymore, and we need to give him weapons that can attack the field. I'm a big fan of DeAndre Hopkins. To me he he has been the best fit for us at WR in the draft for awhile... when you consider our needs, his skill set, and my belief on his ability to reach the necessary ceiling of a true #1. With that said, Patterson is the WR with the highest ceiling and the most natural, yet unrefined skills.

I believe Hopkins will definitely be available at #17... but will Patterson? My internal debate has been what would I do if BOTH were available to us?

Im here to tell you, i'd take Patterson.

I'm in awe of his feet and his lateral agility for a guy his size... he runs like a stud RB. And he catches the ball in such an enormous window. He's part Percy Harvin and part Terrel Owens... He's so raw... and yet so ****ing explosive.

I don't know if the boner I have will last through the spring... but right now, I'm strongly climaxing... i mean climbing, aboard the Patterson bandwagon
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Allen, Williams, Hopkins, Patterson, Wheaton.......I would be happy with one of those five within the first two rounds.......

I love terrence williams as a #2 pick

If the pick came down between patterson and allen im not sure who id take, patterson could go top 10 like devin thomas was supposed to in 08 or he could fall quite a bit its really tough to tell with him

His open field running is spectacular though, not only for a 6-3 guy but for anyone let alone a 6-3 guy. Hes a bit of a body catcher though which is a problem with guys like him, and with everyone clamoring for a "start now" guy it could be 3 weeks into the season when everyone starts screaming bust like they did with timmons

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I love terrence williams as a #2 pick

If the pick came down between patterson and allen im not sure who id take, patterson could go top 10 like devin thomas was supposed to in 08 or he could fall quite a bit its really tough to tell with him

His open field running is spectacular though, not only for a 6-3 guy but for anyone let alone a 6-3 guy. Hes a bit of a body catcher though which is a problem with guys like him, and with everyone clamoring for a "start now" guy it could be 3 weeks into the season when everyone starts screaming bust like they did with timmons
    Allen or Patterson in the first.....Williams, Hopkins, or Wheaton in the 2nd round.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Great players no doubt, but I think LB is our most pressing need.

Draft Pick
    I totally share your enthusiasm for Patterson; he's an exciting prospect. We definitely need an edge rusher too, but I think it would be hard to overlook Patterson in round 1 if he's available. One way or another, we gotta get Ben some great, new weapons. If that is accomplished, Ben's brilliance will express itself again. A creative play-maker like Patterson could have an instant impact.

I'm assuming the Steelers would and should address the WR position before we seek a new #2 TE. And yet a part of me would also love to see us get Eifert or Zach Ertz. Our Steelers will make some great selections in this draft.... I feel it.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Seems that Allen and Patterson are on the watch list. Just read an article from a Steeler insider and he said that the WR position is the Steelers top priority. I'd rather go linebacker with the first pick but according to him, he said Allen is first on the Steelers want list followed by Patterson.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Seems that Allen and Patterson are on the watch list. Just read an article from a Steeler insider and he said that the WR position is the Steelers top priority. I'd rather go linebacker with the first pick but according to him, he said Allen is first on the Steelers want list followed by Patterson.
    Pass rushers is the biggest need on the team right now but they won't be able to get one of the elite pass rushers at 17.....Look at the skill position players heading into next year........Its a joke.......Heath won't be ready for the start of the season so right its looking like Brown, Sanders, Cotchery at WR, Paulson and Pope at TE, Redman, Dwyer, Batch at RB........Pretty pathetic........

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Pass rushers is the biggest need on the team right now but they won't be able to get one of the elite pass rushers at 17.....Look at the skill position players heading into next year........Its a joke.......Heath won't be ready for the start of the season so right its looking like Brown, Sanders, Cotchery at WR, Paulson and Pope at TE, Redman, Dwyer, Batch at RB........Pretty pathetic........
    Don't despair. We might be able to get a prospect like Patterson or Eifert in this draft. I know we need an edge rusher (badly), but we gotta get Ben a new weapon(s).

My Mood
    Addicted
    With the holes we have to fill it may come down to BPA.

Thread Information