Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Wallace to the Browns???

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    K-Train

    Tell me again why didn't the front office put some type of tender on Wallace?
    its an absolute ****ing travesty that hes walking away like he is and theres nothing they could do besides give him 11-13 million per year or franchise him. No team wanted to give up the first round pick last year on his RFA tender because they knew the steelers werent gonna dish out the money to sign him long term. Hes not as dynamic as percy harvin to warrant that kind of trade and contract. They could have franchised him this year but a team would either have to give up 2 first round picks automatically or he'd have to sign and they could negotiate a trade with a team but risk being stuck with a $13 million cap hit from a player who is pissed off hes not signed long term.

    Handled horribly on both sides, so many hurt feelings

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    We are probably getting a 3rd round compensation pick next year, based on the contract he's about to sign
    3rd would be nice...but still not enough

  2. #22
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    K-Train

    Tell me again why didn't the front office put some type of tender on Wallace?
    Because teams need to be under the team cap by tomorrow.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    BS....they could have if they wanted to keep him.

  4. #24
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,387

    Wallace to the Browns???

    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    BS....they could have if they wanted to keep him.
    Wallace doesn't fit this system, get over it Suzie!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  5. #25
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    BS....they could have if they wanted to keep him.
    How?

    They had to cut Harrison to get under the cap (They must be under the cap by 3/12/13)

    Explain how they could've signed Wallace and been under the cap tomorrow. We're all ears. Show us all the research you did into the subject. You must have... I mean to call out BS with such confidence... you surely have the steelers cap numbers in front of you, and understanding of accelerating cap hits for cuts, and the base salaries of the players you'd need to cut to make room for Wallace. And I'm sure you took into account the cap space that needs to be allocated for the draft.

    You're so smart... I know you'll be quick to post the numbers you worked out.

    Or is the cap just like stats? I know you don't like numbers because fitting your tin foil hat into them is difficult
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  6. #26
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,598
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    its an absolute ****ing travesty that hes walking away like he is and theres nothing they could do besides give him 11-13 million per year or franchise him. No team wanted to give up the first round pick last year on his RFA tender because they knew the steelers werent gonna dish out the money to sign him long term. Hes not as dynamic as percy harvin to warrant that kind of trade and contract. They could have franchised him this year but a team would either have to give up 2 first round picks automatically or he'd have to sign and they could negotiate a trade with a team but risk being stuck with a $13 million cap hit from a player who is pissed off hes not signed long term.

    Handled horribly on both sides, so many hurt feelings



    3rd would be nice...but still not enough
    Why couldn't they have tendered him? Same way the giants tendered Cruz for one first round pick. Then when a team signed him, we could have negotiated for at least a 2nd round pick this year and maybe a 4th next year.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  7. #27
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    6,045
    Cruz was a restricted free agent. Unrestricted free agents (Wallace) can't be tendered like restricted. Their options were Franchise Tag or long term contract.

  8. #28
    Starter LevonKirkland99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Redskins country
    Posts
    1,687
    I heard Wallace is locked to Miami.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

  9. #29
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,646

    Wallace to the Browns???

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Why couldn't they have tendered him? Same way the giants tendered Cruz for one first round pick. Then when a team signed him, we could have negotiated for at least a 2nd round pick this year and maybe a 4th next year.
    Lol...
    Figures
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  10. #30
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Cruz was a restricted free agent. Unrestricted free agents (Wallace) can't be tendered like restricted. Their options were Franchise Tag or long term contract.
    we all knew Miami and Minnesota were salavating over him. So we could have tagged him and played them against each other for a second round pick. Damn Colbert. No savy at all.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Where's Wallace At?!?
    By 86WARD in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 11:06 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 07:29 PM
  3. Mike Wallace aims to make Browns pay
    By SteelJunkie in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 09:33 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 02:09 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 08:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •