Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Harrison & Troy as trade bait???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Troy isn't going anywhere, Harrison isn't going anywhere. This whole thing about Harrison not willing to take a paycut is ridiculous. He was NEVER going to take an actual paycut. A restructure, sure, any player will do that any time, but Deebo was never going to actually have his deal redone and take LESS money.

Both will be back, although both (more likely Harrison) will be restructured.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I dont think they are too worried about losing Harrison... (cutting, trade, etc)

Worilds had one less sack in about half as many snaps.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Troy isn't going anywhere, Harrison isn't going anywhere. This whole thing about Harrison not willing to take a paycut is ridiculous. He was NEVER going to take an actual paycut. A restructure, sure, any player will do that any time, but Deebo was never going to actually have his deal redone and take LESS money.

Both will be back, although both (more likely Harrison) will be restructured.
    I think they understand that they have to pay the price now (the price of keeping a super bowl team together for an extended period of time)... if they keep doing restructures for guys in their mid 30s... they are going to be in even worse shape, when the younger talent hits the prime of their careers and heavy cap hits.

They have a ton of needs to address. They have to clean up their house, plan for the 2nd half of Ben's career properly.

we are between 14 and 17 over the cap right now (depending on sources)

restructuring only pushes the problem into the future... We are going to lose Mike Wallace and Keenan Lewis because we've been keeping a contender together. It's time to admit, we need to do some house cleaning and a little rebuilding of the roster.

Restructuring ANYONE in the later half of their career (besides Ben)... is the WRONG thing to do.

As much as it hurts, we need to get back to the business side of the game...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

I still feel this is the year they clean house and actually go after some FA's.... But that's just me!

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    As much as everyone loves Harrison (myself included), sometimes it's it's time to move on.
    He needs to reduce his salary by half of what we paid him the last two years...
    Does Harrison or Worilds have more sacks the last two years?

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    He needs to reduce his salary by half of what we paid him the last two years...
    Does Harrison or Worilds have more sacks the last two years?
    Thats an unfair assesment... two years ago Worilds just began his second year in the league. We all know the Steelers dont play kids till they hit 30 years old.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Thats an unfair assesment... two years ago Worilds just began his second year in the league. We all know the Steelers dont play kids till they hit 30 years old.
    Another reason why we get stuck with players or just lose them and never have a trade option... Everyone young sits... We always have an open poker hand with the vets.

Tomlin hanging onto the shirt tail of BC's players as long as he can... The time to clean house was 3 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Tomlin hanging onto the shirt tail of BC's players as long as he can... The time to clean house was 3 years ago!
    Just to make sure I'm reading this correctly... In your opinion, even in hindsight, we should've cleaned house right before the season we made the Super Bowl? Just one year after we WON the Super Bowl? Got it...

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Just to make sure I'm reading this correctly... In your opinion, even in hindsight, we should've cleaned house right before the season we made the Super Bowl? Just one year after we WON the Super Bowl? Got it...
    Yep... Waiting until they're too old to compete will get ya 8-8 seasons... Just say'n!

Thread Information