Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison & Troy as trade bait???

Bookmark and Share
    Troy will retire a Steeler.

In fact after my last post, I just read the Steelers are already talking about restructuring Troy's and Ben's contracts. Sadly not Harrison's though.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Harrison won't take a paycut so he's as good as gone. He's stupid.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Sadly not Harrison's though.
    Why is that sadly? It's time to pay the piper for all those restructures for the last couple years. That's why the cap situation is so bad now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Why is that sadly? It's time to pay the piper for all those restructures for the last couple years. That's why the cap situation is so bad now.
    Borrowing from Peter to Pay Paul. . . WHich makes me wonder how much of a genuis is Omar Khan? Colbert? They had to know this would come full circle sooner or later. In Ben's case, solace for him is they can restructure him now and give him an extension next year. The other guys are screwed, most of them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Because we could be letting go a all time great that might have two very good years left in him or even three. Dude was and still could be a beast. I swear if it wasn't for the NFL purposely over looking him getting held on every play cause he was just unstoppable and then the refs targeting him for just playing football. He could have been the all time sack leader in the NFL with many fewer games played then the leaders now.

Banned
    Fat, slow, injury prone safetys aren't much in demand anymore.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Borrowing from Peter to Pay Paul. . . WHich makes me wonder how much of a genuis is Omar Khan? Colbert? They had to know this would come full circle sooner or later. In Ben's case, solace for him is they can restructure him now and give him an extension next year. The other guys are screwed, most of them anyway.
    They did a good job for what the goal was, keeping the SB team together as long as possible. Now that goal has changed to clear out cap space to be able to do some things like resign or own FAs and maybe bring in a FA or two. That's going to take a little time (and some more restructures) to accomplish.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Because we could be letting go a all time great that might have two very good years left in him or even three. Dude was and still could be a beast.
    There's a lot of subjective adjectives there. He might have two good years left. He could still be a beast. But he might never play another down of football, and he could possibly be done. At 35 years old, the odds say that he's closer to being done than being a beast. That's too much of a risk to take considering his cap number and the Steelers cap situation.

If they were 10 million under the cap now, it's probably a risk you take. But at some 15 or so over, and he's coming off a down year, and he's been injured for two years, it's too much of a chance.

As much as everyone loves Harrison (myself included), sometimes it's it's time to move on.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I can't have put it any better.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information