Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tough times ahead for Colbert and the front office in the years ahead

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsPackers View Post
    Sounds about right, the steelers have aged. Havn't really done much to help with their drafts..bust after bust....ziggy hood bust, cameron heyward bust, mike adams bust...

passed on Hightower and took decastro! lol...wow
    1. Ziggy has not been a bust per say. He has been as productive as you can expect. He was just never a player who fitted the system.

2. Heyward as been ANYTHING but a bust. Sure, he is not getting a lot of playtime, but you can blame our ridgid coaching staff for that. Whenever he sees the field, he plays really well. Its not his fault that they have Kiesel in front of him, who still plays lights out.

3. Calling a first-year player a bust is idiotic beyond anything I've heard in this forum for a while. Especially since Mike Adams was really playing some nice football right before he got injured. He was destroying people in the run game, but did struggle somewhat in pass-coverage, which is really to be expected of a rookie who played "out of position".

4. Every single team in the world would have picked DeCastro over Hightower if the pick had to be one of the two. DeCastro was and still is one of the best guard prospects to enter the draft in a long long time. Yeah, he was injured and that really ****ing sucked, but you can hardly fault anyone on that.

5. You are not being a "realist". You are being ignorant without ANY evidence whatsoever in either of your claims.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    lol weakdick at it again!
    LOl this guy must be spastic or something.

his posts are enjoyable to read
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Change two things this year.. One next year.

Play the young players alot more, if they are busts you know it in one year not three years later.
    Fill the holes with picks example: Stevenson.. Is he a LB or what? Let him play.. if he sucks then cut him.

Before we worry about heyward, hood, worilds, etc.. Lets fill our real holes... ILB, OLB, WR, TE

Next year if it looks bad... Trade a few good players for some #1 or #2 picks. Get those now.

I still think get a center and slide pouncey over this year...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Change two things this year.. One next year.

Play the young players alot more, if they are busts you know it in one year not three years later.
    Fill the holes with picks example: Stevenson.. Is he a LB or what? Let him play.. if he sucks then cut him.

Before we worry about heyward, hood, worilds, etc.. Lets fill our real holes... ILB, OLB, WR, TE

Next year if it looks bad... Trade a few good players for some #1 or #2 picks. Get those now.

I still think get a center and slide pouncey over this year...
    Love the thought of getting a center and sliding pouncey. And to take it further, I'd like to get that center from free agency possibly ; freeing up a draft pick. We needed our first three picks to contribute this year. We need the infusion of youth and speed.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Think about the real possibility of them using two out of the first three picks on the linebacking position.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Think about the real possibility of them using two out of the first three picks on the linebacking position.
    Or just slam it home.... Trade Ben to Cards for all their top picks and Kolb.. ??? We could fill some holes.

Banned
    Kolb...LOL

When the Steelers released Hoyer Haley supposedly called Whiz and told him he thought Hoyer was better than anything the Cards had on their roster.

And now you want Ben traded for a guy who Haley thought wasn't better than a guy they signed off the street?

Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Kolb...LOL

When the Steelers released Hoyer Haley supposedly called Whiz and told him he thought Hoyer was better than anything the Cards had on their roster.

And now you want Ben traded for a guy who Haley thought wasn't better than a guy they signed off the street?

Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth.
    use your imagination...
    it would never happen.

you would have a #7, #17, # 38, #48, #69 plus Kolb... Then Sign Hoyer and trade Kolb for another #3.

Plus the Cap Space...

Plus Ben is happy and back with BA....

Quote Originally Posted by BillsPackers View Post
    Sounds about right, the steelers have aged. Havn't really done much to help with their drafts..bust after bust....ziggy hood bust, cameron heyward bust, mike adams bust...

passed on Hightower and took decastro! lol...wow
    I guees you havent seen Adams play when healthy and Decastro had a whopping what? 3 starts. Cam Heyward does great when he actually plays, but you wouldnt know that, you just think he starts? Hood is bust and we all recognized that here and already moved on from it. If you are a packers fan, you shoul realize that the front 3 defensive linemen are not going to get all the sexy stats that you seem to think they should get or else they are labeled a "bust"

I believe preseason I sad I wouldnt mind a down year (losing record) because I knew what challenges the front office had ahead of them. The Steelers need a transition year if they want to compete for another SB with Ben. All of that doesnt change in just one year but it surely helps.

Thread Information