Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: tough times ahead for Colbert and the front office in the years ahead

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Mendy is as good as gone...

Glad they are moving to incorporate the zone a bit... welcome to the 21st Century. Most Jr. High's even run some sort of zone now a days...

Im still bugging over our RB situation... were gonna lose our best back/headcase. But then we got 3 mediocres behind him. Granted I like Dwyer the best of them all, and bitched to get Redman some PT. But seriously, if we gotta bank on these 3 guys

Everyone wants a good offense... Now we got no #1 WR, No #1 RB and our #1 TE is out, and our #1 QB has to run for his life every year behind a "potentially good" OL. Looks like our best offensive weapon is gonna be our #1 K.

Im not trying to be negative, but our FO has got to pull some miracles off in order that we wont be looking UP to 8-8.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, they refuse to use free agency in a real way. Coupled with dumbo Colbert missing on draft picks,

Meaning all need areas won't be properly addressed.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post

Glad they are moving to incorporate the zone a bit... welcome to the 21st Century. Most Jr. High's even run some sort of zone now a days...

Im still bugging over our RB situation... were gonna lose our best back/headcase. But then we got 3 mediocres behind him. Granted I like Dwyer the best of them all, and bitched to get Redman some PT. But seriously, if we gotta bank on these 3 guys

Everyone wants a good offense... Now we got no #1 WR, No #1 RB and our #1 TE is out, and our #1 QB has to run for his life every year behind a "potentially good" OL. Looks like our best offensive weapon is gonna be our #1 K.

Im not trying to be negative, but our FO has got to pull some miracles off in order that we wont be looking UP to 8-8.
    I think next year is going to be a struggle. People tend to forget Heath being injured, Wallace is going to be somewhere else it seems, we dont have a true back behind Mendy. I have no clue what this O-line coach is capable of or what schemes he will run. The draft isn't really strong. There are a lot of question marks left out there for now. I still think Tomlin is the guy to lead this team, but my confidence in him is dwindling year by year.

It could easily be a 9-7 year, it could also be a 6-10 season also with the improvements of Cincy/Baltimore and the the schedule the Steelers have next season.

My Mood
    Manic
    colbert built a super bowl champ how can he be a dumbo?

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Restructuring:

Ed Buchette was saying were not gonna be able to restructutre guys like we did last year and save a bunch of $. Only ones it would be feasable were: Heath, AB, Wood, Timmons, Ike.

What do we think about extending Ben... yes he has 3 years left. But he has a huge # this year and Buchette says we really wouldnt have the room to re-do him again. So what if we just extended him. We could surely drop a lot of his cap # from this year...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

"Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    They can do the Ben base salary into a bonus again but at some point they are going to have to extend him.

Bouchette doesn't do a good job of following the cap. They can redo several deals and get about $15 mil under.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    colbert built a super bowl champ how can he be a dumbo?
    Have you looked at Colbert's selections and players he's bypassed lately? The game is changing and he isn't adapting his selections to the latest rules of the game. La Beau's system's can't make up for the lack of talent in the secondary. We need actual athletes back there now. Not just warm bodies that follow La Beau's " System"
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Have you looked at Colbert's selections and players he's bypassed lately? The game is changing and he isn't adapting his selections to the latest rules of the game. La Beau's system's can't make up for the lack of talent in the secondary. We need actual athletes back there now. Not just warm bodies that follow La Beau's " System"
    we need athletes that "don't" follow the system?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post

Throw it all in now...... Trade Ben to the Jaguars, Miami, or Cards for their #1, #2, #3 and something next year.

Trade other veteran players for more picks.. and get young real fast...

Then trade down some of those picks for more picks.... Get crazy.... lol

Thread Information