Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: You're top 13 Qb's in the nfl

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    When making rankings and grading players I do think we should take the approach like some in MLB have done when they factor in if a hitter plays his home games in a hitters friendly park or if a pitcher pitches in a pitching friendly park.....So when ranking QB's we should take in account if a QB plays his home games in a dome or not.....I would love to see Ben in a dome behind a quality OL, throwing to Roddy White and Julio Jones, the rest of the weapons that Matty Ice enjoys........
    i think variables of this nature should be left out of the discussion. The QB gets the lion share of credit and blame... and for good reason. Creating excuses for one's preferred or disliked QBs only clouds the debate with bias.

Ben has had an elite defense his entire career... most other "elite" QBs have not had that luxury. (Insert 4th quarter defensive collapses counter excuse)... and on we go....

Judge the QB on YOUR opinion of his talent... and an objective view of his performance/career.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach
    Ben isn't a God but I do think some of our fans take him for granted....Even with your rankings and hey is your opinion so I'm not going to attack your posts but I disagree with Matt Ryan being ahead of Big Ben....Sure Ryan has the stats.....But he plays in offense loaded with talent and in a dome.....Makes life much easier for a QB....If Ben blew a 17-0 lead at home in a conference championship game like Ryan did then you and a few others would be all over Ben....Ryan also had two costly turn overs in the NFC title game allowing the 49ers to stage their come back.....Matt Ryan is still just a stat whore that is questionable in the play-offs....Like I said you're entitled to your opinion and its always fun to debate......
    If the Steelers blew a 17 pt lead, everyone... EVERYONE.... would blame the defense.

QBs don't blow leads, defenses do

Banned
    Ben has had an elite defense his entire career..
    Misleading.

The offense holding the ball, inflates the Steelers DEFENSIVE "ranking".

Accept that first, then move on.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    If the Steelers blew a 17 pt lead, everyone... EVERYONE.... would blame the defense.

QBs don't blow leads, defenses do
    Yea the two key turn overs by Matty Ice had nothing to do with the 49ers comeback......eyes rolling......People want to crucify Ben for his late INT's in the regular season but Matty Ice gets a free pass for two key turn overs by him at home in the NFC title with his team having a 17-0 lead....You go on and on about not being biased but you're so biased against Ben......No wonder why people put you on ignore you do get annoying after awhile.....

Assistant Coach

You're top 13 Qb's in the nfl

Yea the two key turn overs by Matty Ice had nothing to do with the 49ers comeback......eyes rolling......People want to crucify Ben for his late INT's in the regular season but Matty Ice gets a free pass for two key turn overs by him at home in the NFC title with his team having a 17-0 lead....You go on and on about not being biased but you're so biased against Ben......No wonder why people put you on ignore you do get annoying after awhile.....
    I have ben ranked ahead of Ryan... So I'm not sure how this example makes me biased against Ben.

Matt ryans turnovers weren't game ending turnovers like Ben v Cincinnati. Wouldn't you agree that they are different?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Ben is not a top 5 QB period! Never has been and never will be. Anyone that has him between 6-10 has got my vote.

You're top 13 Qb's in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    Ben is not a top 5 QB period! Never has been and never will be. Anyone that has him between 6-10 has got my vote.
    Yes sir!! Spot on..... Anyone that thinks top 5 quit dreaming!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Waterboy
    New poster and Im gonna give my top 13.
    1. Rogers (Can play in any weather and be productive, guy is a beast)
    2. Brady (best qb in my lifetime, but rogers is looking to steal the throne)
    3. P. Manning (Manning just sucks in the playoffs. Overhyped and far from clutch)
    4. Big Ben
    5. brees (MEHHHH, stat gobbler)
    6. Eli Manning
    7. Flacco (Gained a lot of respect for him and showed lots of balls and grit in the playoffs and SB)
    8. Ryan (He is like P. Manning mixed with Brees..Stat gobbler who cant win in the playoffs)
    9. Russell Wilson (my favorite of the young QBs)
    10. Andrew Luck
    11. RG3
    12. Rivers
    13. Stafford

Banned
    Deal in reality, and not your rah rah bandwagon glee club mind.

Brady, Peyton, Rogers, Eli, Brees, Flacco, Wilson, Luck, RG3, and Stafford are better QB's.

Ben can't throw on rhythm, or deep from the pocket. He runs blown plays and throws darts to guys who can shake open.
    Ariens wouldn't take Ben now if he could get him for free.
    When Ariens calls a play, he found out how sweet life is when the QB runs the play, and how good O-linemen can be because they don't have eyes on the back of their heads.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    Deal in reality, and not your rah rah bandwagon glee club mind.

Brady, Peyton, Rogers, Eli, Brees, Flacco, Wilson, Luck, RG3, and Stafford are better QB's.

Ben can't throw on rhythm, or deep from the pocket. He runs blown plays and throws darts to guys who can shake open.
    Ariens wouldn't take Ben now if he could get him for free.
    When Ariens calls a play, he found out how sweet life is when the QB runs the play, and how good O-linemen can be because they don't have eyes on the back of their heads.

Did you take into account that the O line was in constant rollover last year? At one point they had Pouncey at guard. The run game was hit and miss the whole year. The recievers got hurt so much, they called up Plax and gave him a part time job till the end of the season. They brought in a new O cord which put in a whole new scheme. Not only did Ben have to learn, the whole offense had to learn a new scheme.

The whole offensive strategy sucks for this team. Play just good enough to 'not lose', keep it close and get the ball last. Get up by 7 and go to the non-existent running game, keep the ball from the other offense. Check out Seattle's strategy for the last few games or New England's. Pound on them, run up the score so they can't come back and turn your defense loose when they try. Start playing 'to win' instead of being 'in the game to the end'. Big Ben is not to blame and even though he through a couple bad int's at the end of games last year doesnt exclude the fact how clutch he really is. The steelers rely on him countless times to lead them to victory and sometimes he will fail. Sad thing is, thats what everyone will remember him as. They wont remember the good he has done, like for example...Colts 2005, he made a game saving tackle after Bettis fumbled. Not the most memorable play, but clutch indeed.

Thread Information