Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You're top 13 Qb's in the nfl

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

You're top 13 Qb's in the nfl

Mine. Keep it civil, and remember, everyone has there own opinion.

1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. Manning
    4. Brees
    5. Ryan
    6. Flacco
    7. E. Manning
    8. Ben
    9. Romo
    10. Schaub
    11. Dalton
    12. Rivers
    13. Luck

1. Brady

I honestly don't think you can have anyone else here. Sure, he has not won a superbowl since after spygate, but to me he is the most consistently good QB in the league.

2. Rodgers

The guy is just good. Even in some of their losses, the blame is seldom on him.

3. Manning

I think you have to put him in here because of what he did in the regular season. It was beyond spectacular. Too bad he is unable to win in the playoffs.

4. Brees

If Saints had a defense of some sort, they would be able to go deep into the playoffs every year. Brees puts up insane numbers which is what you want from todays QB.

5. Big Ben

I truly believe he is the 5th best QB right now. I have several question about his attitude, but you cannot deny his success on the field. He needs to have a great season next year though, because its been a while since we've really seen the clutch 4th quarter Big Ben who we all love.

6. Joe Flacco

I hate to put him here, but I truly believe that he should be here based on this year. He can make all the throws, although his short passing game is a little inaccurate at times. Right now, I would take Flacco over a lot of other QBs.

7. Eli Manning

He had a terrible year, but I don't think you can dispute that he is one of the best in the business. He does have some of the best WRs in the league, but he is still able to deliver the ball to them.

8. Matt Ryan

He falls this far because he just don't have "it". There is no question that Ryan is a phenomenal QB as long as he plays at home without too much pressure. Yes, the same thing could be said about Manning, but lets be real for a second; you just cannot compare them.

9. Andy Dalton

The celling might not be very high, but you cannot question the fact that the Bengals have been consistently good ever since he started playing there. He can make most of the throws, and shows that he can handle pressure very well. If you gave him a little more talent on the WR position, he could take the Bengals deep into the playoff at some point.

10. Romo

I know he chokes at the worst possible moments, but he is actually a very good QB most of the time.

11. Rivers

Its so sad to have him this low, because he is immensely talented, but he cannot seem to get it together over a long enough period to actually make anything happen. Yeah, I guess he was never in a good position on San Diego, but he has done little to improve it though.

12. Matthew Stafford

He should be ranked much much higher than this. When he is good, he is a top 3-5 QB easily. WHen he is bad, however, he is not worthy of a backup spot. Sadly, he is not good often enough, and the team suffers from it big time.

13. Jason Cutler

I dislike him. A lot. But he is actually a very good QB, who gets too angry and ruins it for himself, the team and the shrinking Cutler fangroup.

A few notes:

I think that from around 9 to 13 is very close. If I really sat down and thought hard about it I might shuffle them around, but this is my initial list. I've decided to leave out the rookies, because I want to see another year of play from them.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    1. rodgers
    2. brady
    3. p manning
    4. brees
    5. big ben
    6. rivers
    7. eli
    8. matt ryan
    9. joe flacco
    10. stafford
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post

9. Andy Dalton

Pretty good list... I'm working on mine (and I will post the categories and rankings I used)

Question... How does Andy Dalton rank 9th... and Andrew Luck not make the list?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    1. rodgers
    2. brady
    3. p manning
    4. brees
    5. big ben
    6. rivers
    7. eli
    8. matt ryan
    9. joe flacco
    10. stafford
    Rivers even making the top 10 is hysterical....
    Rivers making the top 10 ahead of Eli, Ryan, and Flacco is... retarded

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Pretty good list... I'm working on mine (and I will post the categories and rankings I used)

Question... How does Andy Dalton rank 9th... and Andrew Luck not make the list?
    As I wrote, I did not include the rookies (luck and rg3) because I don't like to evaluate a player based on one year. We saw it with Cam Newton. Not that he is a bad QB at all, but he was not all "that" this year.

As for Dalton, I just buy what he sells. Been in the league for 2 years and he has taken the Bengals to the playoffs both years. To me that speaks volume, especially seeing how unstable that organization has been. I'm not giving him all the credit, but he has done enough, which is more than can be said about numerous QBs who might be putting up better numbers; they don't mean much if they choke and throw the game away. He might be ranked a tad high, I'll give you that, but I have been thoroughly impressed with his production so far.

I should probably note that I don't regard QBs on their stats alone. A big big part of it is whether or not they are capable of winning the games in which the participate. Yes, Dalton has not put up the same numbers as, for instance, Rivers. But Rivers has not really won anything despite the talent put around him. That is why I rank Dalton as high as I do.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Banned
    Its so hard for me to put Stafford in the top 13, He is so up and down, never really consistant at all.

You're top 13 Qb's in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    1. rodgers
    2. brady
    3. p manning
    4. brees
    5. big ben
    6. rivers
    7. eli
    8. matt ryan
    9. joe flacco
    10. stafford
    Sounds good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Mine. Keep it civil, and remember, everyone has there own opinion.

1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. Manning
    4. Brees
    5. Ryan
    6. Flacco
    7. E. Manning
    8. Ben
    9. Romo
    10. Schaub
    11. Dalton
    12. Rivers
    13. Luck
    If MATTHEW STAFFORD played for other teams, you'd be sayin he was the best you ever saw. I'd say he is 5 for sure.
    Lions may be deep playoff team next year - maybe SB. They can play with anybody now.

Banned
    How in the hell can anyone justify putting Matt Ryan over Ben? Please elaborate.

Thread Information