Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: You're top 13 Qb's in the nfl

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    You, like most, still seem to give too much weight to the past, and not enough weight to the present.
    If any of the other alleged "elite" QB's had Ben's 2012 stats ESPN would be all over them.

Super Bowl... ball with 2 minutes and chance to win
    Denver... ball with 2 minutes and chance to win
    Cinci... Ball with 2 minutes and chance to win
    So once again, explain why you would have Peyton ranked above Ben? He's a career post season joke.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    If any of the other alleged "elite" QB's had Ben's 2012 stats ESPN would be all over them.
    I dont know what to say... are you calling Brady and Peyton the "alleged elite QBs"... Thye both had better 2012 stats.

So once again, explain why you would have Peyton ranked above Ben? He's a career post season joke.
    1. I think he's significantly more talented. Although the arm strength is in serious decline. His football IQ is off the charts, allowing the declining arm strength to be mitigated. I had Peyton 5 and Ben 6 on the rankings. Peyton can make throws from the pocket that Ben simply doesn't make. If he was capable of making throws into perfect coverage as easily as Peyton does, he wouldn't hold to the ball so long/take so many sacks. Yes, Ben can make plays that Peyton can't.... those types of plays a fewer and farther between over the course of a football game though.
    2. Peyton makes any team a playoff team. He's that good... He simply doesn't miss the playoffs. And while you will fault him for playoff failures, while letting Ben off the hook for his own regular season and playoff failures.... I simply take a more holistic view. Any team can win a championship if they make the playoffs. So making it every single year holds significant weight with me. That's my personal viewpoint and how I value performance over the years.
    3. Peyton has 5 "one and done" seasons over the last 10 years (excluding missed year). Ben has 2 "one and dones" and 3 missed post seasons. Essentially, the both have the same 5 seasons without a playoff win, but Ben was worse since he didn't even get to the show. I know you have an excuse for all of this... You will take quality of division, oline... playcalling and coaching... etc. All of that is something that someone with Bias uses. I don't have bias. I have results... and that's ALL that matters
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

Banned
    His football IQ is off the charts, allowing the declining arm strength to be mitigated.
    Not against playoff teams. Lost to Atlanta, Houston, New England, Baltimore. Beat Baltimore, beat Cincy.

2. Peyton makes any team a playoff team. He's that good... He simply doesn't miss the playoffs.
    9 years in:

Peyton 7 of 9.

Ben 6 of 9.

So somebody wearing a Colts helmet managed to miss the playoffs.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    It's ****ing funny as hell, its either Ben is god, or you are a Raven fan.
    Ben isn't a God but I do think some of our fans take him for granted....Even with your rankings and hey is your opinion so I'm not going to attack your posts but I disagree with Matt Ryan being ahead of Big Ben....Sure Ryan has the stats.....But he plays in offense loaded with talent and in a dome.....Makes life much easier for a QB....If Ben blew a 17-0 lead at home in a conference championship game like Ryan did then you and a few others would be all over Ben....Ryan also had two costly turn overs in the NFC title game allowing the 49ers to stage their come back.....Matt Ryan is still just a stat whore that is questionable in the play-offs....Like I said you're entitled to your opinion and its always fun to debate......

Banned
    Ryan has stats in domes.

His YPA is UNDER 7 yards on the road. That's pathetic.

He's a mere 6 over .500 W/L on the road also. Dominant in a dome.

My Mood
    Mad
    Ryan has stats in domes.

His YPA is UNDER 7 yards on the road. That's pathetic.

He's a mere 6 over .500 W/L on the road also. Dominant in a dome.
    Plus has Roddy White and Julio Jones.......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Plus has Roddy White and Julio Jones.......
    Michael Turner, Tony Gonzalez, not to mention a good offensive line.

Comparing offenses to offenses, Ben Roethlisberger has the worst weapons of any top-tier QB in the NFL, and this has been true for years now. Tom Brady this season? An offensive line, a WR and two TEs. Drew Brees? A system, an offensive line, a WR and a TE. Joe Flacco? An offensive line, a RB and three WRs. Eli Manning? Two Ts, a C and two WRs. Peyton Manning? An offensive line, a RB a WR and a TE. Aaron Rodgers? A system, an offensive line and three WRs. Matt Ryan? An offensive line, a RB, two WRs and a TE. Ben Roethlisberger? A C and a TE.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Mad
    When making rankings and grading players I do think we should take the approach like some in MLB have done when they factor in if a hitter plays his home games in a hitters friendly park or if a pitcher pitches in a pitching friendly park.....So when ranking QB's we should take in account if a QB plays his home games in a dome or not.....I would love to see Ben in a dome behind a quality OL, throwing to Roddy White and Julio Jones, the rest of the weapons that Matty Ice enjoys........

Assistant Coach
    Not against playoff teams. Lost to Atlanta, Houston, New England, Baltimore. Beat Baltimore, beat Cincy.
    Is this your attempt to make the case that one's IQ drops in certain circumstances?

your penchant for selective replies is once again noted

9 years in:

Peyton 7 of 9.

Ben 6 of 9.

So somebody wearing a Colts helmet managed to miss the playoffs.
    So, Peyton makes the playoffs more... thanks

Again, your ability to ignore stats/facts that don't fit your narrative is on display.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

Thread Information