Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 85

Thread: You're top 13 Qb's in the nfl

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #41
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    6,033
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    It' ok T. Yes, I do tend to foget how valuable(good) Ben was before the "freak" injury. I just think we (steeers fans) are so hard on Ben because we should be in the playoffs every single season. I know its a team game, With Bens caliber we should be avergaing 27ppg or more. Its just salt in the wound that the Ravens won the SB also. Im a huge Tomlin guy, but he needs to step it up also this season or else he will be on the hot seat with the fanbase. Apology accepted T, Im going on a break from the forums for bit as well, Hopefully BRC will clean up the site a little bit, AKA:trolls.
    Definitely understandable. It's been ridiculous lately.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    With Bens caliber we should be avergaing 27ppg or more
    Won't happen until the priority becomes points.

    And not time of possession.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Why is losing in the playoffs a lot (Ryan, Peyton, etc), looked at so negatively, in comparison to losing in the regular season so much so that you don't even make the playoffs.
    Because Peyton playing in garbage divisions is why he always makes the playoffs.

    Then when he has to play OUTSIDE his garbage division come playoff time, he shits the bed.

  4. #44
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted
    steelchamp204 is an idiot.

    pure sucking up to big t on this one.

    there's only a few around here who really know what ben is worth, I'm one them. the percentage is so low its embarrassing.

    I can't wait until he retires and we have a sucky quarterback, because then most of u will commit suicide or disappear of the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Why is losing in the playoffs a lot (Ryan, Peyton, etc), looked at so negatively, in comparison to losing in the regular season so much so that you don't even make the playoffs.

    It seems Ben and Eli get a pass for their inconsistency in even getting to the playoffs, where as someone like Ryan is held to account for playoff failures.

    It's just weird to me...

    And you constantly see the agenda/bias involved when the preferred QBs failures have excuses built into them (talent around them, o line, coordinator, defense, whatever). While the disliked QBs team failures are completely on them.

    I'm working on a rating method that allows for the subjective opinion of talent and potential... but the objective scoring of performance and career.

    forthcoming...
    Why is winning in the playoffs looked at so positively? Why is Flacco all of the sudden a top ten quarterback on people's lists just for winning a Super Bowl, meanwhile, his regular season stats are barely above average? Why is Eli Manning on people's top 5 QB lists for two Super Bowls, meanwhile, nearly half of his regular season career has been disastrous?

    Funny how Roethlisberger hating trolls put everything on Roethlisberger, giving an inept and unqualified head coach a pass; neglecting the fact that the Steelers' current offensive line is one of the worst in the NFL, and ignoring the fact that the Steelers' receiving corps is worthless and has been without a true #1 receiver since Ward became an old man.

    No one cares about your ranking system. You're a Roethlisberger hating troll. You've tried to make a case that ESPN's subjectively idiotic QBR is superior to the NFL's passer rating. So why would "your ranking system" be of any value?

    You're not smart. Arrogance and a condescending attitude do not equate to intelligence. You're just annoying.

  6. #46
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    steelchamp204 is an idiot.

    pure sucking up to big t on this one.

    there's only a few around here who really know what ben is worth, I'm one them. the percentage is so low its embarrassing.

    I can't wait until he retires and we have a sucky quarterback, because then most of u will commit suicide or disappear of the forums.
    To be honest, I think the majority of the users here are well aware of how much Big Ben is worth to this team. Most have just given up trying to argue with those few idiots who keep on devaluing him. Its a lost battle with those people...

    Either way, you are obviously correct. When Ben is gone, these people will, hopefully, know that they are mistaken.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  7. #47
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Why is winning in the playoffs looked at so positively? Why is Flacco all of the sudden a top ten quarterback on people's lists just for winning a Super Bowl, meanwhile, his regular season stats are barely above average? Why is Eli Manning on people's top 5 QB lists for two Super Bowls, meanwhile, nearly half of his regular season career has been disastrous?
    Is that not rather simple? Fans do not give a rats *** whether a team makes it into the playoffs as 6th seed or 1st seed, as long as they make it to the superbowl. Its really as simple as that. If the team is just good enough to make the playoffs and the QB then turns up the heat you cannot ask for more. After all, the successful organizations measure their seasons according to how deep into the playoffs they made it, and not their regular season record; it means very little if you make it into January.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Is that not rather simple? Fans do not give a rats *** whether a team makes it into the playoffs as 6th seed or 1st seed, as long as they make it to the superbowl. Its really as simple as that. If the team is just good enough to make the playoffs and the QB then turns up the heat you cannot ask for more. After all, the successful organizations measure their seasons according to how deep into the playoffs they made it, and not their regular season record; it means very little if you make it into January.
    Exactly, which is why Roethlisberger is one of the best in the league.

  9. #49
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    6,033
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsPackers View Post
    1.Brady
    2.Rodgers
    3.Brees
    4.Peyton Manning
    5.Joe Flacco
    6.Eli Manning
    7. Matt Ryan
    8. RG3
    9. Russel Wilson
    10. Matthew Stafford
    11.Tony Romo
    12. Andrew Luck
    13. Big Ben
    You say if Ben was top 10 the Steelers would've made the playoffs this year. How are Brees, Eli, and Stafford top 10 QBs then? The Saints, Giants, and Lions didn't make the playoffs. The lions were 4-12 for Christ sake. And remember, no excuses please

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,646
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Why is winning in the playoffs looked at so positively? Why is Flacco all of the sudden a top ten quarterback on people's lists just for winning a Super Bowl, meanwhile, his regular season stats are barely above average? Why is Eli Manning on people's top 5 QB lists for two Super Bowls, meanwhile, nearly half of his regular season career has been disastrous?

    Funny how Roethlisberger hating trolls put everything on Roethlisberger, giving an inept and unqualified head coach a pass; neglecting the fact that the Steelers' current offensive line is one of the worst in the NFL, and ignoring the fact that the Steelers' receiving corps is worthless and has been without a true #1 receiver since Ward became an old man.

    No one cares about your ranking system. You're a Roethlisberger hating troll. You've tried to make a case that ESPN's subjectively idiotic QBR is superior to the NFL's passer rating. So why would "your ranking system" be of any value?

    You're not smart. Arrogance and a condescending attitude do not equate to intelligence. You're just annoying.
    this is a pretty awesome raging contradiction. good job, NYCDumbAss.

    I don't see any way Roethlisberger isn't somewhere in the 4 to 6 range on anyone's list. Does that make me a hater? Does the value I place on the guys who get their team into the post season every single year, make me a hater? I don't make excuses for QBs. The results are the results.

    It's the homers and haters who say **** like, "QB A loses in the playoffs a lot, but QB B misses the playoffs sometimes but it's not his fault"

    Why don't you go back to being the pussy who had me on "ignore" and started a thread wining like a little bitch... keep to your own, it suits you better. tool.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Roethlisberger: The NFL protects certain QB's
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 12:27 PM
  2. 2 or 3 QB's
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 11:12 AM
  3. Top ten qb's of all time.
    By big d in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 01:53 AM
  4. QB's (Ben) doing what they say he can't
    By AZ_Steeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •