Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: You're top 13 Qb's in the nfl

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    i would still pick ben over brees, peyton manning and probably brady now in the post-season lol. only others I would have a hard time taking are eli (just wins) and rodgers.

hopefully in a few years rg3 gets to that list <3

rg3 jizzes all over flacco's face when it comes to being a qb
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Assistant Coach

You're top 13 Qb's in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Christ don't say Giant he'll start rooting for them too.
    That's funny! Lol, Every once in a while you step outside your crazy box and drop a laugh. Nice job!
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Assistant Coach

You're top 13 Qb's in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Rivers is a very good quarterback, wow he 2 had seasons because of Norv.

So shut the **** up and run infront of a bus
    No, rivers is an average QB. Nothing more. Now that he no longer has one of the best safety nets in the game (vjax) he is exposed as the fraud that he's always been. ****** leader, poor accuracy, big armed loser.

2nd String
    Haven't read through everybodies rankings ... but here are mine ... Top 5 has to be proven winners ... anything after that is up for grabs

1. Rodgers
    2. Brady
    3. Flacco
    4. Ben
    5. Eli
    6. Brees
    7. Peyton
    8. Cam (if he can grow up and be less selfish , he'll be top this list in no time)
    9. Luck
    10. RG3
    11. Kap
    12. Ryan
    13. Wilson

If I had to choose a QB right now to start a team with it would have to be 1 - Cam Newton or 1a - Andrew Luck
    Last edited by cbrunn; 02-09-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Yes, it's your list. Which is why I asked you to elaborate. I just don't see how you can put a guy above Ben who's been in the league for 5 years and had never won a playoff game before this year. Not to mention the fact that he gave away the NFC Championship game and nearly gave away the Divisonal game to the Seahawks.

Saying Ben was content abd didn't take his play up a level since 08 is one of the biggest crocks of **** ive ever heard. Im sorry but I'm being honest. You (and others on here) seem to forget that Ben was playing the best football of his career before he got injured. He was a legitimate MVP candidate (surprisingly was being acknowledged as such by the media, Which I never though I'd see). I get that you don't like Ben. I'm 90% sure you're the one who said after the Bengals game that we should trade him, and we'd be lucky to even get a third round pick.

I get that it's your list, and that's fine, but Matt Ryan has no case. There's a case for Eli (which I disagree with) and there's even a case that can be made for Flacco (which I vehemently disagree with), but at least there's ground for debate. There just isn't with Ryan.
    I never once said we should trade Ben, so maybe you should go back and double check before even putting that out there.

I'd probably put Ben higher if he didnt throw them 2 picks that cost us the Bengals/Cowboys game. Yea, Im still pissed about that, especially with Bmore winning the Sb now and Flacco getting the MVP.

If you went back and "checked" my other posts, I also said Ben has 1 more sb run in him and I think he retires with 3. So I hate Ben but at the same time I support him being such a good QB for the Steelers.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    No, rivers is an average QB. Nothing more. Now that he no longer has one of the best safety nets in the game (vjax) he is exposed as the fraud that he's always been. ****** leader, poor accuracy, big armed loser.
    Banana and I finally agree on a QB....I'm with you on Rivers....He will go down as the Dan Fouts of his era.....Have the stats but won't win ****.....I have always thought Rivers as over-rated and a fraud.....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I never once said we should trade Ben, so maybe you should go back and double check before even putting that out there.

I'd probably put Ben higher if he didnt throw them 2 picks that cost us the Bengals/Cowboys game. Yea, Im still pissed about that, especially with Bmore winning the Sb now and Flacco getting the MVP.

If you went back and "checked" my other posts, I also said Ben has 1 more sb run in him and I think he retires with 3. So I hate Ben but at the same time I support him being such a good QB for the Steelers.
    Its fine to be mad at Ben but at the sametime to let that effect your rankings is kind of silly......Ben threw game costing picks but all QB's throw picks and considering how his WR's let him down all years its really surprising Ben didn't throw more this year.....Flacco had a great run but he also has WR's he can trust which allows him to throw ball into tight coverage....Go ahead and say I'm making excuses for Ben but its the truth and this post-season showed what having WR's that can go up and make can do for a QB.....I'm not taking away from Flacco and deserves all the credit he is now receiving since he was the main reason the Ravens won the Super Bowl.....

Assistant Coach
    Why is losing in the playoffs a lot (Ryan, Peyton, etc), looked at so negatively, in comparison to losing in the regular season so much so that you don't even make the playoffs.

It seems Ben and Eli get a pass for their inconsistency in even getting to the playoffs, where as someone like Ryan is held to account for playoff failures.

It's just weird to me...

And you constantly see the agenda/bias involved when the preferred QBs failures have excuses built into them (talent around them, o line, coordinator, defense, whatever). While the disliked QBs team failures are completely on them.

I'm working on a rating method that allows for the subjective opinion of talent and potential... but the objective scoring of performance and career.

forthcoming...

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post

My bad, you never said that. My apologies. It was someone else. I get being upset at Ben for his play late, but he was coming off a freak injury and the playcalling when he came back was putrid. I just have a hard time understanding how people forget the great season he was having before his freak injury.

My bad, you never said that. My apologies. It was someone else. I get being upset at Ben for his play late, but he was coming off a freak injury and the playcalling when he came back was putrid. I just have a hard time understanding how people forget the great season he was having before his freak injury.
    It' ok T. Yes, I do tend to foget how valuable(good) Ben was before the "freak" injury. I just think we (steeers fans) are so hard on Ben because we should be in the playoffs every single season. I know its a team game, With Bens caliber we should be avergaing 27ppg or more. Its just salt in the wound that the Ravens won the SB also. Im a huge Tomlin guy, but he needs to step it up also this season or else he will be on the hot seat with the fanbase. Apology accepted T, Im going on a break from the forums for bit as well, Hopefully BRC will clean up the site a little bit, AKA:trolls.

Thread Information