Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Casting Minds back: Ravens Ask NFL Not to Schedule Prime-Time Game in Pittsburgh

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Sorry, I meant to say they can't argue "they don't play well as a team." The Ravens did that in spades. And then some.

Anyway, not sure. I think Ben signed a 10 year deal. Which is crazy as a first major contract coming out of a defacto rookie contract. It will be interesting to see how the torch is passed. It might be sudden like, after an injury, or it might be all the little injuries catching up and him realizing it is his last year, or it could be he feels he has more gas in the tank and the Steelers don't think so. That will be interesting indeed.

Purpledeath, you seem like a levelheaded guy. You make some good points and counterpoints without being a fanboy. Which is all to common with too many fans. I live about 20 miles north of Baltimore - don't take this personally, but I am sick of purple!

Quote Originally Posted by Purpledeathfromabove View Post
    I think it will end up coming down to an exclusive franchise tag. These negotiations and strategies sound quite complex because how you pay him has such a great impact on the rest of the team.

When is Ben's contract up? I assume Steelers will never release him until age or non-recoverable injury makes itself known.

I enjoy talking football with the competition, that's why I'm here. However, given the "warm" welcome your forum has for anyone with a shred of intelligence discussing a team outside of the Steelers - I don't think I'll be here for long.

Yea, I was an O's fan for many many years prior to the Ravens. I grew up in a different day and age and saw the great ones play - Frank and Brooks, Palmer, McNally, Boog. While I still enjoy the O's, I'm finding baseball just moves a little to slow for my tastes now. The question is - why do you seem to be an O's fan? Figured you'd better be a Pirates fan on this forum or else.
    Long story short, Dad used to be a bmore colts fan, when they left he was so pissed he just rooted for the Steelers, But he was a Bullets/O'S/Colts fan, so I just liked the teams he rooted for when I was a kid, thats how that happened. Never got to see the greats play besides Raffy/murray/cal/brady/Moose and the gang since I was born in 88, they are on a good track now, all the need to do is sign Weiters long term. Scared to say he is a Boras client though.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I enjoy talking football with the competition, that's why I'm here. However, given the "warm" welcome your forum has for anyone with a shred of intelligence discussing a team outside of the Steelers - I don't think I'll be here for long.

Yea, I was an O's fan for many many years prior to the Ravens. I grew up in a different day and age and saw the great ones play - Frank and Brooks, Palmer, McNally, Boog. While I still enjoy the O's, I'm finding baseball just moves a little to slow for my tastes now. The question is - why do you seem to be an O's fan? Figured you'd better be a Pirates fan on this forum or else.
    for the bolded: we don't care, we don't want to hear a life story. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ moving on

and in regards to steelchamp204 rooting for the O's and not Pirates, it's because he's a fair weather fan like most Pittsburgh fans are but in denial.

I'm not from Pittsburgh, far from it but I support all their 3 teams. And I currently support the Wizards but if Pittsburgh ever got an nba team, the switch would be unconditional.

But welcome to the forum, in this forum there are two types of steeler fans.

realists like me who know when to put the kool aid down and talk sense and the guys that never take their glasses off.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

This message is hidden because Flame is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list

My Mood
    Addicted
    LOl Steelchamp obviously read my message or he wouldn't have put that sour response.

Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Thread Information