Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Casting Minds back: Ravens Ask NFL Not to Schedule Prime-Time Game in Pittsburgh

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpledeathfromabove View Post
    Hmmm, thought I gave you a respectful reply, I did not deserve your reply. Let's see - a team wins the SB and in your book that isn't badass. Willing to bet 31 other teams don't see it that way. Flacco will get a huge payday as he earned it. However, I think he's going to rip through teams now like a man on fire.
    You should believe that though. I mean, he won you a Superbowl and whatnot. But objectively he still has a lot to prove to be worth as big a pay day as he is asking. Basically he is asking to be paid a great deal more than Big Ben, and he is just not a better QB. I know this will come out as being extremely subjective (being on a Steelers forum and all that jazz), but Big Ben is a better QB. Flacco is benefiting from having a really good season following a bunch of very mediocre in which he was carried by a beastly defense. AHA! BUT SO DID BIG BEN! Spare me. This defense has not been beastly since 09, and even that was not that great. My point is, Flacco is going to be paid far more than what I believe he is worth at this point. Sure, he is a proven winner and I'll take that any day over great promise, but he has also proven that he can be very average throughout most of the season. In my book, you don't pay 20mil'ish per year to a guy who may or may not take it to the next level. You pay Aaron Rodgers that kind of money. You pay Payton Maning that kind of money. You pay Tom Brady that kind of money. You don't pay Flacco that kind of money.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Starter
    Based on what, his record after his last SB win? He had a great season. But face reality, even with a great season, the odds are against him and the Ravens next season. I do believe the Steelers may have been one of the few teams to win back-to-back SB's. You seem to pretty levelheaded, but don't think the Ravens can beat the Steelers next year just because they won the SB the year before. The Ravens have done nothing that has not been done 46 times before.

As I said in a previous thread, Flacco earned his fame this time. But let's face it, much of that has been luck to get him to that point. Flacco is the most absolutely Jekyll and Hide QB in the league. What if the Niner's had scored on their last drive? Would we be having the conversation? Remember who won 2 SB's in the last 6 years? Guess what, they did not make the playoffs this year. Remember who beat them? Guess what? Remember the Giants? Guess what?

I still maintain a healthy Steeler team would have put the Ravens out of the playoffs this year. Flacco will need all the help he can get to get back to where he left in 2012/13. I have no delusions about the Steelers beating the Ravens. I think those games can go either way. A SB win changes nothing. This is not the Browns we are talking about. This is the Steelers.

I think both teams will be quite different next year. And I hope Flacco gets a huge payday. He earned it. I think there will be some troubles though as his inconstancy will prove to be his weak negotiating point.

Ahh, here is hoping to a good season for both teams.

Hmmm, thought I gave you a respectful reply, I did not deserve your reply. Let's see - a team wins the SB and in your book that isn't badass. Willing to bet 31 other teams don't see it that way. Flacco will get a huge payday as he earned it. However, I think he's going to rip through teams now like a man on fire.

Casting Minds back: Ravens Ask NFL Not to Schedule Prime-Time Game in Pittsbur

He earned what? The ****ing clown was never voted to a pro bowl and always choked in the biggest games. Boldin and fn Rice bailed his sorry *** out all season making clutch catches on poorly thrown balls or 4th and 29 first downs on dump offs! **** you and your sorry *** team. Fn troll bastard!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    The only thing the ravens are going to do next season is prove that they were a fluke. Especially Flacco.
    this.

worst super bowl winning team since the 2007 giants roster wise.

not scared at all.

probably the worst super bowl winning team of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    Based on what, his record after his last SB win? He had a great season. But face reality, even with a great season, the odds are against him and the Ravens next season. I do believe the Steelers may have been one of the few teams to win back-to-back SB's. You seem to pretty levelheaded, but don't think the Ravens can beat the Steelers next year just because they won the SB the year before. The Ravens have done nothing that has not been done 46 times before.

As I said in a previous thread, Flacco earned his fame this time. But let's face it, much of that has been luck to get him to that point. Flacco is the most absolutely Jekyll and Hide QB in the league. What if the Niner's had scored on their last drive? Would we be having the conversation? Remember who won 2 SB's in the last 6 years? Guess what, they did not make the playoffs this year. Remember who beat them? Guess what? Remember the Giants? Guess what?

I still maintain a healthy Steeler team would have put the Ravens out of the playoffs this year. Flacco will need all the help he can get to get back to where he left in 2012/13. I have no delusions about the Steelers beating the Ravens. I think those games can go either way. A SB win changes nothing. This is not the Browns we are talking about. This is the Steelers.

I think both teams will be quite different next year. And I hope Flacco gets a huge payday. He earned it. I think there will be some troubles though as his inconstancy will prove to be his weak negotiating point.

Ahh, here is hoping to a good season for both teams.
    I can also refute all the what - if's you provide - such as what if the niners scored on their last drive. Well, what if Lee Evans had held fast to the ball in the 2011 AFC championship and Flacco was there two years in a row. Point is, it really isn't all Flacco. The Ravens are one of the more complete teams in the NFL. Luck can certainly carry teams. Luck cannot carry a team all the way to the Superbowl championship. You can't beat team after team by pure luck. You have to have the inherent talent. The 49ers have a monster team on paper. Almost every pundit out there said the Ravens were going to lose in the matchup. Yet by third quarter the game was 28-6. Luck does not get you to 28 points against the Niners in the Superbowl...no way. Inconsistency was an issue during the regular season, disappeared during the playoffs. Obviously all Ravens fans are hoping this is the new improved Joe and the coaches are playing him to his strengths...one of which is certainly the deep ball to WRs who can catch. Ravens got no choice though - how do you let a Flacco go - who do you replace him with? You pretty much are locked in. Too many other teams would give their eye teeth to get him.

I also hope it is a good season for both teams. Rivalries require both sides to stay competitive.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    You should believe that though. I mean, he won you a Superbowl and whatnot. But objectively he still has a lot to prove to be worth as big a pay day as he is asking. Basically he is asking to be paid a great deal more than Big Ben, and he is just not a better QB. I know this will come out as being extremely subjective (being on a Steelers forum and all that jazz), but Big Ben is a better QB. Flacco is benefiting from having a really good season following a bunch of very mediocre in which he was carried by a beastly defense. AHA! BUT SO DID BIG BEN! Spare me. This defense has not been beastly since 09, and even that was not that great. My point is, Flacco is going to be paid far more than what I believe he is worth at this point. Sure, he is a proven winner and I'll take that any day over great promise, but he has also proven that he can be very average throughout most of the season. In my book, you don't pay 20mil'ish per year to a guy who may or may not take it to the next level. You pay Aaron Rodgers that kind of money. You pay Payton Maning that kind of money. You pay Tom Brady that kind of money. You don't pay Flacco that kind of money.
    Any QB who had his playoff record and wins the SB is going to have a huge payday, not just Flacco. That he hit free agency and the SB is the perfect storm. He truly made the most of it. Ravens have got no choice. Most Ravens forums want him paid big bucks, just not to the tune that it destroys the cap for the rest of the team and the good people leave. However, just one more point - yea you do pay Brady, Manning, Rodgers big money - and they did not win the Superbowl - or even get to the dance - with all the money paid to them. You have to pay the winners.

Any QB who had his playoff record and wins the SB is going to have a huge payday, not just Flacco. That he hit free agency and the SB is the perfect storm. He truly made the most of it. Ravens have got no choice. Most Ravens forums want him paid big bucks, just not to the tune that it destroys the cap for the rest of the team and the good people leave. However, just one more point - yea you do pay Brady, Manning, Rodgers big money - and they did not win the Superbowl - or even get to the dance - with all the money paid to them. You have to pay the winners.
    Dont take this personally, why the **** are you even here? Now if you're an O's fan, thats cool. Think Bundy gets called up this season?

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Dont take this personally, why the **** are you even here? Now if you're an O's fan, thats cool. Think Bundy gets called up this season?
    I enjoy talking football with the competition, that's why I'm here. However, given the "warm" welcome your forum has for anyone with a shred of intelligence discussing a team outside of the Steelers - I don't think I'll be here for long.

Yea, I was an O's fan for many many years prior to the Ravens. I grew up in a different day and age and saw the great ones play - Frank and Brooks, Palmer, McNally, Boog. While I still enjoy the O's, I'm finding baseball just moves a little to slow for my tastes now. The question is - why do you seem to be an O's fan? Figured you'd better be a Pirates fan on this forum or else.

Starter
    I agree he should be paid. I did not mean to argue that. He will get huge money. I just think luck went his way more than not. But, I am an advocate of the concept of making your own luck. And I don't think anyone can argue that the Ravens lay very well as a team. Someone always seemed to step up this year at the perfect time. And I think Flacco would do well on one of the West Coast offenses. Any word on contract talks? Do you think it will come down to a franchise tag?

I don't care how the previous season ended, or even the last game, Steelers-Ravens games can go either way.

I can also refute all the what - if's you provide - such as what if the niners scored on their last drive. Well, what if Lee Evans had held fast to the ball in the 2011 AFC championship and Flacco was there two years in a row. Point is, it really isn't all Flacco. The Ravens are one of the more complete teams in the NFL. Luck can certainly carry teams. Luck cannot carry a team all the way to the Superbowl championship. You can't beat team after team by pure luck. You have to have the inherent talent. The 49ers have a monster team on paper. Almost every pundit out there said the Ravens were going to lose in the matchup. Yet by third quarter the game was 28-6. Luck does not get you to 28 points against the Niners in the Superbowl...no way. Inconsistency was an issue during the regular season, disappeared during the playoffs. Obviously all Ravens fans are hoping this is the new improved Joe and the coaches are playing him to his strengths...one of which is certainly the deep ball to WRs who can catch. Ravens got no choice though - how do you let a Flacco go - who do you replace him with? You pretty much are locked in. Too many other teams would give their eye teeth to get him.

I also hope it is a good season for both teams. Rivalries require both sides to stay competitive.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    I agree he should be paid. I did not mean to argue that. He will get huge money. I just think luck went his way more than not. But, I am an advocate of the concept of making your own luck. And I don't think anyone can argue that the Ravens lay very well as a team. Someone always seemed to step up this year at the perfect time. And I think Flacco would do well on one of the West Coast offenses. Any word on contract talks? Do you think it will come down to a franchise tag?

I don't care how the previous season ended, or even the last game, Steelers-Ravens games can go either way.
    I think it will end up coming down to an exclusive franchise tag. These negotiations and strategies sound quite complex because how you pay him has such a great impact on the rest of the team.

When is Ben's contract up? I assume Steelers will never release him until age or non-recoverable injury makes itself known.

Thread Information