Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dulac, Stating The Obvious But Is 100% Correct

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I agree with everything you said: But when was the last time the Pats traded FOR a player in his Prime? I think guys like Moss, Welker, Corey Dillon were all FA's that re-invented themselves as Patriots.
    Moss and Welker were both traded for in 07. A 2nd and a late round pick (if I remember correctly) to Miami for Welker, and a 4th to Oakland for Moss.

I think the Percy Harvin situation is too perfect for them to pass up. IMO, he's better than Welker and would cost less to extend.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Moss and Welker were both traded for in 07. A 2nd and a late round pick (if I remember correctly) to Miami for Welker, and a 4th to Oakland for Moss.
    I stand corrected! I thought Welker was a FA from the fins but I was a lil unsure about Moss.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I stand corrected! I thought Welker was a FA from the fins but I was a lil unsure about Moss.
    Welker technically was a restricted free agent. The Patriots signed him to a RFA Tender. The Dolphins had the right to match. They did, so that they could work out a better trade. Compensation was a 2nd. The trade was a 2nd and 7th if I remember correctly.

You are both correct. The Patriots signed Welker, and then traded for him after Miami matched the offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

My stance on this is simple - If the Steelers can get either Chance Warmack or Jarvis Jones in the 1st round, they can't pass that up. If the Steelers get Warmack, their line is set for the next 10 years. If they get Jarvis, the Steelers could then shift Harrison to the middle with LT if they retain Harrison at all.

However, if neither is available, which will likely be the case, then get the best player for the most glaring weakness. . . .BUT there is also so apprehension about a WR or RB in the 1st round because of the Steelers finding gold in the mid to later rounds with WR's.

steelers cant seem to find gold in any mid-late round regardless of position. Wr is absolutely a very real possibility in the first, RB is more so in the second

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Warmack doesnt fit the direction they wanna go...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Warmack doesnt fit the direction they wanna go...
    You don't think he is versatile enough to adapt to a zone blocking scheme? According to Bick, thery want to get away from the sloppy O-line guys and get more athletic guys up front. If available, hard to pass him up, but I do understand the need elsewhere.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    My stance on this is simple - If the Steelers can get either Chance Warmack or Jarvis Jones in the 1st round, they can't pass that up. If the Steelers get Warmack, their line is set for the next 10 years. If they get Jarvis, the Steelers could then shift Harrison to the middle with LT if they retain Harrison at all.
    The line is already set for the next 10 years, with two #1 picks and two #2 picks. There's no way Warmack is the pick, you can take that to the bank.

Harrison will be cut no matter what. He's too old and too injured to move anywhere. In addition, Jarvis Jones scares the hell out of me. He has that neck thing that could shorten his career, and I read something that said he's not a big work out guy, which troubles me in the NFL. He could get by on his talent in college, but the NFL is a whole different matter.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think they have to go LB in the first, Mingo or Minter. Defense in the first this year, no doubt. You may see defense in the second as well, but more than likely RB.

You might be right, but if I had to stake my claim on left guard, and it came down to Beachum or Warmack, I lean towards Warmack.

If you had it your way, who would your #1 pick be?

Thread Information