Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dulac, Stating The Obvious But Is 100% Correct

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    It is true. Rooney won't flat come out and say it, but people know what he prefers.

He needs to step back, and stop meddling.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Drafting DL early would be idiotic. Safety in the 1st would be idiotic.
    I agree. If we don't have an excellent DL and OL for that matter with all those high picks, then the drafting has been a disaster.

I could see safety in the 2nd or 3rd... depending on what we do about the cap.
    I agree. There seems to be a few good safeties in this draft, but there doesn't seem to be that one guy everyone says, oh, he's the top safety.

I dont think the fan base recognizes how dire the cap situation is. There are going to be more cuts than people realize.
    Gotta pay the piper for trying to keep the SB team together (via restructures) and Colbert's ****** drafting. The sooner we cut the fat, the sooner we can right the ship.

If an elite pass rusher isn't there at #17, a guy they believe starts right away.... then they will take the top WR available.
    We need to get past the point where this year's draft pick could maybe see the field in 2015. Let them start, let them make mistakes and let them learn. You didn't see Donta Hightower sit in NE or Bufict (sp?) sit in Cincy.

The problem is, that there are major holes on offense and defense. The drafting strategy over the last few years has been poor. Out of 8 top picks in the last 2 years, 6 were linemen, and our lines are still a problem. That leaves the hope that they hit paydirt in the later rounds, and they've been successful in this; but we can't rely on catching a Lewis or an Antonio Brown in the middle or end of the draft. That's a bad strategy. In fact, I'd argue that there is good value to be had in the middle of the draft in linemen (Aaron Smith and Keisel were both mid-round drafts, as was Mike Webster.)

Banned
    He's 100% spot on. In a perfect football world, the Steelers sign a free agent #1 receiver and then spend their first 3 picks on a linebacker, offensive linemen, and another WR or TE. And if they take a linebacker number one overall, then they need to cut Harrison.

Of course the Steelers won't sign any free agents that are worth a damn, especially not a #1 receiver, so they should take two receivers and a TE or another offensive linemen with their first 3 picks.

Of course the Steelers won't do that and they'll sign two defensive players and a running back with their first 3 picks as if this is still the NFL of the 1970s. We're dead meat next season.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Of course the Steelers won't sign any free agents that are worth a damn, especially not a #1 receiver, so they should take two receivers and a TE or another offensive linemen with their first 3 picks.
    #1 receivers don't come cheap in FA. We don't have the cap space to pay one.

I do think there will be an emphasis on offense, though I do expect a defensive player selected in the first. With regards to OL, well, our line already consists of two #1s and two #2s. If Tomlin can't make a great line out of so many high picks, then the drafting has been a disaster. We should be able to get good quality line men in the middle of the draft.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    #1 receivers don't come cheap in FA. We don't have the cap space to pay one.

I do think there will be an emphasis on offense, though I do expect a defensive player selected in the first. With regards to OL, well, our line already consists of two #1s and two #2s. If Tomlin can't make a great line out of so many high picks, then the drafting has been a disaster. We should be able to get good quality line men in the middle of the draft.
    I think you take another early in anticipation of an injury. The team can't afford to lose one to injury and the rest fall like dominos.

Draft Pick
    Dear Addicts,

Check this out:

CORDARRELLE PATTERSON! He's a fantastic WR prospect. He could also revolutionize our return game. He's got great size, speed, hands, and instincts in the open field.

i lke patterson a lot, but im not sure where you are excited about his "hands" hes a body catcher, which would be the one major thing from keeping him off the field as a rookie if he cant adjust quickly

Patterson is exciting to watch, I wouldnt be dissapointed if we drafted him. I think he will go earlier than he should.

Draft Pick
    If John Stallworth becomes our WR coach, he'll school Patterson on technique.

That young man looks promising.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    If John Stallworth becomes our WR coach, he'll school Patterson on technique.

That young man looks promising.
    Ok I wouldn't bet on Stallworth coaching the Steelers WR's.....Where did that come from?......

Thread Information