Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Dulac, Stating The Obvious But Is 100% Correct

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Dont have total faith they would use him like that, i fear they would put him in a position to struggle since they are used to these shorter, stockier, powerful OLBs.

Imo hes 3rd on potential pass rushers for us...hes very comfortable in space which would help him out tremendously, but we could be looking at demarcus ware or we could be looking at julian peterson/manny lawson who is a bad fit for us, despite being good players.

Jarvis Jones imo is better than Von Miller was
    Barkevious Mingo is better than Aldon Smith

then you have Dion Jordan, who has all the tools but hes not going to be a plug and play player like everyone around here wants...im just saying right now that if the steelers draft a guy like jordan or cordarelle patterson we are going to have a lot of people bitching about how they are busts right away but they are guys that are going to need patience
    i enjoy our draft talks... so don't take offense... please

but these are the most absurd observations/opinions i've read on the board yet (from the group of non morons)

your comparing keenan allen to calvin johnson here...

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    i enjoy our draft talks... so don't take offense... please

but these are the most absurd observations/opinions i've read on the board yet (from the group of non morons)

your comparing keenan allen to calvin johnson here...
    as prospects********

my bad, should have clarified that. Von wasnt always a top 5 lock and then once he did establish himself as that he was either going 2 to denver or 3 to buffalo. And aldon smith was not a top 10 prospect, him going 7 was a surprise by the niners and one that paid off.

I had DEs ranked:
    Robert Quinn
    DaQuan Bowers
    JJ Watt
    Cameron Jordan
    Adrian Clayborne
    Cameron Heyward
    Aldon Smith

I had OLBs Ranked:
    Von Miller
    Bruce Carter
    Aldon Smith
    Akeem Ayers
    Justin Houston
    Dontay Moch
    Mason Foster

Jarvis and Von would be close if they were in the same year, but Mingo and Smith wouldnt even be a question to me
    Last edited by K Train; 02-21-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    as prospects********

my bad, should have clarified that. Von wasnt always a top 5 lock and then once he did establish himself as that he was either going 2 to denver or 3 to buffalo. And aldon smith was not a top 10 prospect, him going 7 was a surprise by the niners and one that paid off.
    they aren't even in the same ball park as prospects

Aldon Smith going #9 was not a surprise at all. I thought he would go #3 (buf) or #5 (ari)

they aren't even in the same ball park as prospects

Aldon Smith going #9 was not a surprise at all. I thought he would go #3 (buf) or #5 (ari)
    i edited my post with rankings, Smith was not that highly rated by most....mingo is way better than smith was at the same point in the process, smith was riding off JPPs success as a high risk high reward pass rusher which i imagine is going to become more and more normal. Mingo could end up going as high as 2 or 4...although i hope not

In hindsight its easy to say they were top 5 picks, but realistically i didnt think he'd go until houston or minny at the ealiest (12 and 13 i think, id have to check) and i DEFINITELY didnt think he'd go over quinn.

Not even in the same ball park is seriously 20/20 hindsight, because they are both great players in the league right now

Banned
    I think comparing Mingo to Aldon makes sense though. That's a fair comparison for his ceiling. But he's not in that scope as a prospect/expected potential. Similar skill sets, style of play... less pure athleticism/talent

The Jones to Miller comparison is just awful. Different types of players. One, was an all time prospect... the other just isn't on the same level at all

Banned
    dont get me wrong... i'd love drafting with either one at #17...

I think comparing Mingo to Aldon makes sense though. That's a fair comparison for his ceiling. But he's not in that scope as a prospect/expected potential. Similar skill sets, style of play... less pure athleticism/talent

The Jones to Miller comparison is just awful. Different types of players. One, was an all time prospect... the other just isn't on the same level at all
    Jones and Miller are very simialr...could play 34 OLB, 43 OLB..it doesnt matter. They are studs with lightning first steps. You can say all time prospect, but really Aaron Curry and Lavaar Arrington were the same way.

I think your underrating Mingos athletic ability....i expect him to dazzle at the combine

Banned
    cant wait for the combine

Banned
    Jarvis just doesn't have the elite pass rush explosion and technical skill to get to the QB that Von had coming out. The tape is clear as day. Jones has a lot of physical talent... but nowhere near the all pro skills that Von came out with. Von was one of the best pass rushers in the NFL the day he signed his contract.

The day Jarvis signs his contract he will be a very intriguing prospect with a very bright future.

Von Miller was about as much of a sure thing as there is in the draft

i get it, i have jones as the #1 player in the entire draft and if it wasnt for the possible spine problem i think that would be the consensus.

Again, Aaron Curry was supposed to be the truth at LB and the safest pick in the draft. Its easy to say Von was safe since he became an instant star but you dont here people coming back that were all over currys nuts because he was a total flop. Curry almost went #1 that year.

Its tough taking LBs in the top 5 because for every von miller (and imo Jarvis) you get a curry, arrington, AJ Hawk

Thread Information