Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dulac, Stating The Obvious But Is 100% Correct

Bookmark and Share
    WHat RB's are on the radar, ?

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Warmack doesnt fit the direction they wanna go...
    this is true... but the oline fans won't see it.
    going zone, you can take Warmack off the board completely
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

some of you dont realize how big of a hole we have at LG and just how good warmack is. if hes the pick the oline is up there in legendary company for the next 10 or so years

Going zone could put Jonathan Cooper more on their radar. He's extremely athletic and gets to the second level constantly. He's be a good fit as the primary pull guy (LG). I think 17 is a little early for him, but i could see him being a candidate for a trade back if guys like Jarvis Jones, Mingo, Keenan Allen, Te'o (*gasp*) etc, are already off the board. But I think Warmack is just way too good to overlook because of them possibly going zone.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    some of you dont realize how big of a hole we have at LG and just how good warmack is. if hes the pick the oline is up there in legendary company for the next 10 or so years
    Warmack doesn't have the lateral agility to have 1st round value to a zone scheme team

Stating that our completely unproven offensive line, will enter "legendary" status after the addition of a promising rookie? Holy Hyperbole...

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Going zone could put Jonathan Cooper more on their radar. He's extremely athletic and gets to the second level constantly. He's be a good fit as the primary pull guy (LG). I think 17 is a little early for him, but i could see him being a candidate for a trade back if guys like Jarvis Jones, Mingo, Keenan Allen, Te'o (*gasp*) etc, are already off the board.
    agreed. Cooper is a much better fit based on our schematic direction. too bad he won't be available in the 2nd round.

and i wouldnt be surprised if Cooper was taken before Warmack because of it...

warmack would be just fine, we arent the 2005 denver broncos all of a sudden....cooper is a lot like pouncey athletically, but you dont want a bunch of those guys all together neccesarily....pouncey is much more effective with maulers around him (gilbert and adams too for that matter would benefit from bigger, tougher, stronger guards)

My Mood
    Fine
    Miller won't be ready. Draft 6'6" TE Ertz or Eifert. They could make an impact as rookies. Paulson cam also be put out wide
    I'd love Vacarro,Minster,Teo,Williams or Elam on D but moving down getting an extra 2 or 3 us an impact Wr,Rb or Te in the first.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    warmack would be just fine, we arent the 2005 denver broncos all of a sudden....cooper is a lot like pouncey athletically, but you dont want a bunch of those guys all together neccesarily....pouncey is much more effective with maulers around him (gilbert and adams too for that matter would benefit from bigger, tougher, stronger guards)
    explain how... because not only do I completely disagree, but so does the coaching staff based on the direction they are taking the oline.

They want their tackles to work in space, and their Guards to be able to get to the next level quickly. They aren't looking for maulers, they are looking for movers.... Look at the guards out in KC the last few years. Smaller athletic guys like Lilja and Hochstein and Asamoah. These guys are 300 pounders... not maulers like Colon or Kemoeatu.

Sorry... you're wrong on this one.

Trade down... Get Ertz or Eifert, Minter... lower in 1

then pick up the extra #2's Barrett Jones - Eifert - Lacy etc....

slide pouncey over.

Thread Information