Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dulac, Stating The Obvious But Is 100% Correct

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    If John Stallworth becomes our WR coach, he'll school Patterson on technique.

That young man looks promising.
    lol and what makes you think john stallworth is the next big thing as a coach for WRs?

i wouldnt mind patterson at all, i think hes a phenomenal talent, but a lot fo you are wanting that "play right now" guy and patterson may not be it

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol and what makes you think john stallworth is the next big thing as a coach for WRs?

i wouldnt mind patterson at all, i think hes a phenomenal talent, but a lot fo you are wanting that "play right now" guy and patterson may not be it
    Just like people suggesting Hines Ward should be WR coach when as far as I know Ward never has expressed an interest in coaching.....Ward is all about doing dancing with the stars, appearing on cooking shows, appearance on the walking dead.....lol

Allen, Patterson, Hopkins, Williams, Wheaton........A WR must be drafted early since Mike Wallace won't be back.....I would be happy with one of those five drafted within the first two rounds.....

theres steelers that have made some good coaches...lake being one of them, and for being such a talented player thats a rarity. Usually its the less talented guys that rely on masting technique that make good coaches.

Charlie batch would be a better QB coach than he is backup QB (see john harbaugh, not that good of a QB but gets what it takes to be one)...I believe deshea townsend is a DB coach somewhere, he thrived on technique and smarts rather than raw ability. Not saying stallworth COULDNT be a coach (even though that was a random name drop) but just because he was a WR doesnt mean he has a future in developing them

Banned
    John Stallworth owns part of the club. He doesn't have to coach. He's made MILLIONS more money off the field than he ever did as a player.

Draft Pick
    I suppose if the great J. Stallworth had leanings toward coaching, we would have seen them by now. Moreover, one would expect the Steelers to fill that spot with someone with significant coaching experience.

Someone like Harold Jackson at Baylor has a wealth of experience in the NFL and in college. They've generated a pretty explosive offensive down there.

harold jackson is a relavant name to throw out there....between kendall wright, josh gordon, and terrence williams they have really wow'd when it comes to developing WR talent

vikes will attempt to trade percy harvin....theres something id be interested in. 17 would be tough to give up but id give up a second and third in a heartbeat

My Mood
    Addicted
    I am sticking to my guns and feel it has to be LB in the first round. Our defense is predicated on the play of this group and lately Harrison and Woodley haven't been able to stay healthy. Worilds and Carter have shown a little with what little playing time they have had. Foote is getting up there in age, although I would be tempted to bring him back next season. Timmons is a beast. After that, not much to hang your hat on. Spence may have been a good prospect, but it is hard telling if and when he will be back from that gruesome injury.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    vikes will attempt to trade percy harvin....theres something id be interested in. 17 would be tough to give up but id give up a second and third in a heartbeat
    Don't get my hopes up now. I'd be ecstatic if we could somehow land Harvin without giving up a 1st. You know me and my Gators lol. He's definitely one of my favorite, if not my favorite, non-Steeler.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I'd pass on Harvin.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information