Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to rank QBs (an honest discussion)

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Don't care about Brady running up the score against garbage teams in the regular season.

He was once considered among the GREATEST post season players EVER.

Then when they got caught cheating, that all changed.

You can choose to ignore it.

I won't.

Assistant Coach

How to rank QBs (an honest discussion)

We've had this conversation before. There is no consistency in your arguments.

Ben's defense blows 4th quarter leads and it's an excuse for not making the playoffs. Brady defense blows 4th quarter leads in final minutes of super bowls (twice) and you ignore it

Now you pivot to points scored as if it changes the fact that you are a hypocritical in analysis.
    Return of the Banana

Banned
    4 TD's 8 picks in Brady's last four AFC title games.

Gave away 2 points to the Giants in his last Super Bowl.

Missed a wide open Wes Welker when an accurate pass wins that game.

Not as easy to perform when the film is no longer at his disposal is it?

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    4 TD's 8 picks in Brady's last four AFC title games.

Gave away 2 points to the Giants in his last Super Bowl.

Missed a wide open Wes Welker when an accurate pass wins that game.

Not as easy to perform when the film is no longer at his disposal is it?
    yea, his pass to Welker was slightly off and pro bowl welker dropped it... because they didn't have film of the walk through.... lol the treasure trove of dumb comments you provide is priceless

when you going to post your rankings? oh right... you can't. because you know they cant be defended
    Return of the Banana

Banned
    No need to defend rankings. I base what I see on results on the field.

You base things on what other people tell you.

Joe Flacco ahead of Ben? Laughable. You should have Jacoby Jones ranked higher than Flacco.

He saved their Super Bowl, their post season run in Denver, and if not for his punt return in Pittsburgh they miss the playoffs.

Assistant Coach

Joe Flacco ahead of Ben? Laughable. You should have Jacoby Jones ranked higher than Flacco.

He saved their Super Bowl, their post season run in Denver, and if not for his punt return in Pittsburgh they miss the playoffs.
    You don't watch much football outside the Steelers games.
    Return of the Banana

My Mood
    Addicted

this.

every super bowl winning quarterback the following year will get so much hype, I've come to learn this.

remember when manning won his in 06? he was then regarded as the best qb ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Assistant Coach

Peyton manning is the most talented QB ever

He is going to be regarded as the best ever when he retires
    Return of the Banana

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I adjusted the above criteria slightly. To keep it simpler.
    Ability - 50 percent - My completely subjective opinion on the abilities of the QB
    Performance - 30 percent - I kept performance to 2012 only. I kept as objective as possible using Reg Wins, Playoffs, QBR, and Passer rating. I can give a more detailed breakdown if requested.
    Career - 20 percent if more than 4 seasons (no rating otherwise). Career wins, Career playoffs, rings, accolades
    Potential - 20 percent if less than 5 seasons (no rating otherwise. Pretty self explanatory, subjective opinion on potential.

My rankings of QBs based on the my subjective view of their Talent and Potential, as well the the objective view of their 2012 Season along with their career accomplishments:

1. Rodgers
    2. Brady
    3. Eli
    4. Flacco
    5. Peyton
    6. Ben
    7. Ryan
    8. Luck
    9. Kaepernick
    10. Brees
    11. Stafford
    12. RGIII
    13. Dalton
    14. Newton
    15. Wilson
    16. Romo
    17. Rivers
    18. Schaub
    19. Cutler
    20. A.Smith
    21. Freeman
    22. Tannehill
    23. Bradford
    24. Palmer
    25. Locker
    26. Vick
    27. Ponder
    28. Sanchez
    29. Fitzpatrick
    30. Weeden
    31. Kolb
    32. Cassel
    33. Gabbert

Oh my god... I'm a hater because I have the last 3 super bowl winners and the 2 best QBs of their generation ahead of Ben. Oh my god... look out... hater on the loose :ROLLEYES:
    I find it pretty hard to argue with you list when you detailed how you came up with it before hand. I dont typically rate qb's after the top 10 because i just dont see the point, but ill add an "On the cusp" list of 4-5 guys.

1. Aaron Rogers
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Peyton Manning
    4. Drew Brees
    5. Ben Roethlisberger
    6. Eli Manning
    7. Matt Ryan
    8. Tony Romo
    9. Phillip Rivers
    10. Joe Flacco

On the Cusp: Andrew Luck, Matt Stafford, Robert Griffin III

While I believe you based your argument on the stance of "What have you done for me lately" I tend to lean towards what have you done over your career. Thats why you wont see RG3, Colin Kapernick, Russel Wilson etc. in my top 10, though its damn hard to leave Andrew Luck out because his ceiling is SOOOO damn high IMHO!

Joe Flacco is now atleast in the "elite" discussion. His numbers get better and better every season, his playoff number went from dismal to excellent in his time in the league. And he now has a title under his belt. He can make any throw on the field with EASE and when given time is pretty damn good with ball security and accuracy.
    Phillip Rivers: i detest this man, but up until 2 years ago he was as ELITE as elite could be with out a SB. He's had 2 **** seasons on a **** team ran by a **** FO, so i dont think you can blame his short comings of late entrely on him.
    Tony Romo is a numbers machine. He's easy to hate due to the fact he is a Cowboy and easy to discredit because of the Cowboys furtunes in the latter part of seasons over his career. But Romo can play at a high level and does more often then not. He's one of the more elusive QBs in the league and can still make plays all day as a pocket passer.
    Matt Ryan is going to be the next new QB with a SB ring. He has an awesome WR corps, 2 good RB's and he's in a system that was built for him. His number get better and better as does his team.
    Eli Manning has 2 SB rings and 2 SB MVPS, that lands you on my list. Though i think his runs as a SB QB are over, he lands on my list by have spans over his career of being utterly unstoppable on playoff runs.
    Ben Roethlisberger, IMO is a victim of a Fantasy football driven world. He's never gonna lead the league in QB stats other than maybe Wins and QB rating... but that all I want in a Franchise QB. With 2 SB's notched and 2 left in him (IMO) as a 31 year old he's gonn be a top 5 guy until the day he is replaced as the Steelers starter... the day he retires!
    How Drew Brees is No.10 by your standards is a complete enigma to me. A natural leader, Superbowl winning QB who broke the record that "would never be broken", so they said. Stud QB in every sense of the word.
    Peyton Manning will go down as the Best QB to ever play the game. That reign will be short lived though because of guys like Rogers and Bree being younger and putting up monster numbers and Brady will be in the running for that title as well.
    Tom Brady: If i ever have a kid who wants to be a QB im gonna set him down and play him tapes of Tom Brady! Pocket presence, poise, heart, leadership and a F'n cannon attached to his right shoulder. I could give 2 shits about Spygate when it comes to Tom Brady as an individual- his ablities as a QB are undeniable!
    Aaron Rogers: Jesus in cleats! Ok i've already reserved that title for Adrian Peterson but he's the next best thing in this modern era. There isnt anything this kid cant do, including WIN!
    Last edited by steelcitysfinestXL; 02-11-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Peyton manning is the most talented QB ever
    His post season career doesn't agree with you.

Sorry.

Thread Information