Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Joe Flacco still sucks + I want these pussies for week 1

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    and beat in double coverage, he just beat your ****** corners

this was completely different to the denver throw and you know it

Last edited by scudmissile29; 02-17-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    Rex - guess what. Flacco had a great run. So did, Brady, so did the Mannings,so did Ben, so did Montana, etc. where are they now? Not in the most recent SB. Exactly. You have bragging rights for some months, and that is it. Flacco earned it. He broke a few records. So did all of the other QB's I referenced. Next year is a fresh start. I doubt any QB, even Flacco, will break his previous record for playoff performance next year. It will be broken, but by who? Who was the youngest QB to win the SB? Hmmmm.. .. I wonder? See? That was long ago.

Point is, Rex, records don't mean much. Flacco had an incredible run. He earned his keep. And then some. Don't be foolish by acting as if the Ravens winning the SB entitles them to winning every game thereafter. I complimented your level-headed candor in previous posts. I understand the need to elevate your team above that of the others, but you seem to be slipping!

My guess is next year's games between the Ravens and Steelers will not be decided by last year's SB. It will be decided by who plays better that day. Don't be baited by anybody to talk crap. The Ravens, like any other team, will lose games.
    Nice post. I agree with everything you said. I will admit to having a few drinks before my last venture here, and definitely sometimes go on some hypocritical rants- although normally only in context of with whom I'm retorting to.

I absolutely am enjoying this championship because I know how hard and how rare they are. The ONLY time I talk trash is in response to idiocracy. I actually have a lot of fans in real life who are die hard STeelers fans- and we get along great and fun smack talk sessions- but always good natured.

For me, personally, ever since Woodley made his comments about Flacco- which werent even necessarily a dig at him- it just seemed that so many fans took cheap shot after cheap shot at Flacco- regardless of what he's done on the field. And some of it may be piling on because Flacco has long been a punching bag of all talking heads across the country, not just Steeler fans. Either way, as a fan and supporter of Joe, knowing the offense (and coordinator) behind him, it is nice to finally be able to give it back to all the smack talkers who went overboard with their Flacco bashing.

I ALSO know full well what happened last time we won the Superbowl. Probably our worst playoff loss in team history at Heinz Field to a Kordell Stewart led club.
    With all the free agents we lost last year, and all the ones we are about to lose, you count your blessings when you get them, and this year was absolutely one of them. The beauty of it though, as you know full well, is the confidence instilled after climbing that mountain for the first time. Joe climbed it, and he will be back- albeit with a hefty price tag.

No Elvis Grbac replacing Dilfer this time around.

ps- I have a feeling i should stop reading responses, cuz I sense some Flame posts that r too hard to ignore coming up.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    and beat in double coverage, he just beat your ****** corners

this was completely different to the denver throw and you know it

Ladarius Webb was a rookie that year I believe, but Id hardly call him ******. Just like Rahim Moore was a solid safety all year. It's called getting caught with your pants down, or "off guard."
    The talent level of defenders had nothing to do with my point btw, but rather the arm on the other end of the football in flight.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    thanks Big T for showing the video.

LOL Rex, that wasn't the big play Ben just doesn't make against the Ravens, he does it every single game.

You guys can't beat us in the playoffs, nobody has in our division, you are still our bitches

You have bragging rights to September, we have bragging rights forever
    lol, keeping telling yourself that- while I enjoy the summer of a champ. You sound more like a bitch.

2nd String
    Yeah, Woodley runs his mouth too much. After this year I think he needs to lay low for quite a long time. And Flacco is a polarizing guy, even among Ravens fans. I feel for the guy, because once he has one bad game, and all QB's have that, hell is going to break loose. Winning is great, for sure. Expectations afterwards suck! I think the Steelers took a nap after their last SB win. As a fan, that tends to **** one off . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    Nice post. I agree with everything you said. I will admit to having a few drinks before my last venture here, and definitely sometimes go on some hypocritical rants- although normally only in context of with whom I'm retorting to.

I absolutely am enjoying this championship because I know how hard and how rare they are. The ONLY time I talk trash is in response to idiocracy. I actually have a lot of fans in real life who are die hard STeelers fans- and we get along great and fun smack talk sessions- but always good natured.

For me, personally, ever since Woodley made his comments about Flacco- which werent even necessarily a dig at him- it just seemed that so many fans took cheap shot after cheap shot at Flacco- regardless of what he's done on the field. And some of it may be piling on because Flacco has long been a punching bag of all talking heads across the country, not just Steeler fans. Either way, as a fan and supporter of Joe, knowing the offense (and coordinator) behind him, it is nice to finally be able to give it back to all the smack talkers who went overboard with their Flacco bashing.

I ALSO know full well what happened last time we won the Superbowl. Probably our worst playoff loss in team history at Heinz Field to a Kordell Stewart led club.
    With all the free agents we lost last year, and all the ones we are about to lose, you count your blessings when you get them, and this year was absolutely one of them. The beauty of it though, as you know full well, is the confidence instilled after climbing that mountain for the first time. Joe climbed it, and he will be back- albeit with a hefty price tag.

No Elvis Grbac replacing Dilfer this time around.

ps- I have a feeling i should stop reading responses, cuz I sense some Flame posts that r too hard to ignore coming up.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    Yeah, Woodley runs his mouth too much. After this year I think he needs to lay low for quite a long time. And Flacco is a polarizing guy, even among Ravens fans. I feel for the guy, because once he has one bad game, and all QB's have that, hell is going to break loose. Winning is great, for sure. Expectations afterwards suck! I think the Steelers took a nap after their last SB win. As a fan, that tends to **** one off . . .
    Exactly, for as much as some on here worship Big Ben, I also hear him getting bashed after bad games. MOst quarterbacks, not names Brady or Rodgers get that. I think if Flacco LOOKED more like an all american, he'd get more slack. Same with Eli, even after 2 Superbowls and his famous last name. The beauty of it is, Flacco is so used to the doubting and severe criticism, even when unwarranted, and he still had this year, with his contract hanging in the balance. Without Cam on his back, I expect a full on break out year for him in 2013.

And now that the team has seen first hand what he can do when in full control of the car, i VERY MUCH look forward to the Steeler games next year. Every game versus you guys, we'd sit on a lead (or in tight games) with extremely conservative play calling, never letting Joe keep his foot on the gas, until ABSOLUTELY necessary. When he HAS gotten to touch the ball without the lead in the final minutes the past few years, the evidence speaks for itself.

The team now has the same confidence in Joe, that the Steelers have had in Roethlisberger for so many years. NOW, these games will go to another level IMO.

BUt to finish with a blunt point in response to yours. Oh man, God help us if Joe loses to you guys next year, and even worse, throws a pick. I hope our fans aren't that short sighted and have a long memory, but I have my doubts.

Thread Information