Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The cuts are coming in from around the NFL.

Bookmark and Share
    i was a little behind on my WR rankings but this group is really growing on me.

Gotta find a bit more on patterson to watch, hunter too. Love what ive watched on allen though. Back when i thought julio/green/dez/floyd/crabtree was gonna be the best class ever (ended up being several classes) a lot of these guys slipped by me, its not as weak as i initially thought...but man does he have a lot of javon walkers skills

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    How about Minter over Ogletree?

Do you think Jarvis Jones sees #17?
    A guy much like ogletree would be Kenny Tate from Marland, had some injuries but played both FS and OLB for them and the kid can ball out...could probably get in in the 5th-UDFA and see what we can make him into.

Kenny Tate and Ray Ray Armstrong were both top guys for this year a few years ago...how the mighty have fallen

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I'm an admitted Wallace fan without apology. That being said, I don't see him back next year. I see that as a huge problem if they don't go get someone like Bowe in FA. You can't have quality depth if you allow your own talented draft picks walk after three years without replacing them via FA at least. The draft is only seven rounds, and that is not enough to stock a roster with quality when you let your own talent walk and never make a splash in FA. That is the reason the Steelers need to keep Lewis AND Mendenhall also. If anyone brings up Bradshaw and dismissed Mendenhall, you don't watch much football.

You can't solve all your roster needs through the draft if you let your own FA's walk with no compenstation and continue to make no significant adds from FA.

im a huge wallace and mendenhall fan, but i gotta admit i think too many hurt feelings on both sides....the players are better off moving on, the steelers are better off keeping them.

I fully expect wallace AND jennings to be dolphins.

wouldnt surprise me the least bit to see arians snatch up mendenhall, ryan williams and beanie wells are garbage

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I definitely think that Mendy is going to be the new starting RB in Arizona. If the Dolphins sign both Wallace and Jennings, then their committing cap suicide. Too much BIG money tied up in one position.

Wallace should find a way to be an Indianapolis Colt. He and Reggie Wayne would make an excellent combo and Hilton as the third WR would put the Colts that much closer to the Texans and give them a superior WR corps to the Texans.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

miami has 35 million in cap space with the cap going to rise in the next few years, they have NOTHING at the position and a young QB that showed promise but needs help.

I think jennings would welcome playing in philbins offense again where he wouldnt command top dollar. Im thinking they sign both guys and draft fisher or fluker to replace long (which clears up massive cap space)

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I do believe that both Wallace and Mendy are gone, but the Steelers need to understand that a change is philosophy is in order, and fill 2 or 3 positional needs via FA to compensate. (and resigning Plax to the minimum isn't a replacement for Wallace)

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    miami has 35 million in cap space with the cap going to rise in the next few years, they have NOTHING at the position and a young QB that showed promise but needs help.

I think jennings would welcome playing in philbins offense again where he wouldnt command top dollar. Im thinking they sign both guys and draft fisher or fluker to replace long (which clears up massive cap space)
    No doubt Jennings would like it. I just don't see them landing both because then there is a competition between Wallace and Jennings about who's the # 1 WR and blah, blah, blah...you know what I mean?? But both would definitely help them and moving Bass to the slot would be outstanding.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information