Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The cuts are coming in from around the NFL.

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    What do you guys think about going after WR Ramses Barden??

Ben would love his 6-6 frame to throw to ... and worst he could be a red zone threat

and if Jarvis isn't there I would like a trade back

but I wouldn't be mad to come out of the 1st and 2nd with Justin Hunter and David Amerson

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post

Ben would love his 6-6 frame to throw to ... and worst he could be a red zone threat

but I wouldn't be mad to come out of the 1st and 2nd with Justin Hunter and David Amerson
    i suggested Barden already in the "realistic signings" thread
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

My Mood
    Fine
    What do you think about 6'6" TE Ertz or Eifert in the first? I read that they should put Woodley at ROLB & Worilds at LOLB. It forces Woodley to bring his A game every week plus Worilds filled in better on the left.

As for Cuts I'd cut a lot of vets and sign Bowe and lock up some of our young studs before they become free agents. The one issue that upsets me is that The Steelers don't play the younger players and then when they do they can't keep them because they're cheap.

My Mood
    Fine
    Ktrain
    If Bowe was Franchise tagged would you sign him and give up a 1st for him or are they better off signing a rookie like Allen in the first?
    Patterson they say is raw and has low football IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post

Barden sucks, but he must have come a long way in that complicated *** offense coughlin runs. He was really struggling with routes and the option routes he'd have to run...my problem is even as far as hes come hes gigantic and can run but still never sees the field unless their top 2 of 3 guys are hurt. He does run pretty horrible routes, id almost rather keep plax

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    What do you think about 6'6" TE Ertz or Eifert in the first? I read that they should put Woodley at ROLB & Worilds at LOLB. It forces Woodley to bring his A game every week plus Worilds filled in better on the left.

As for Cuts I'd cut a lot of vets and sign Bowe and lock up some of our young studs before they become free agents. The one issue that upsets me is that The Steelers don't play the younger players and then when they do they can't keep them because they're cheap.
    Ertz is explosive, Eifert is lethal at the jump ball...both would be complete studs from day one, i wouldnt hate it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Ktrain
    If Bowe was Franchise tagged would you sign him and give up a 1st for him or are they better off signing a rookie like Allen in the first?
    Patterson they say is raw and has low football IQ.
    patterson has been very good ever since he put himself in the conversation for top WR. He really has all the tools and might be raw but hes not stephen hill raw. he could really become an impact player and he was unknown until pretty recently.

My WR Rankings are:

Keenan Allen
    Cordarelle Patterson
    Justin Hunter
    Deandre Hopkins
    Terrence Williams
    Tavon Austin
    Robert Woods

I feel pretty comfortable with that right now

Would not give up a 1st and a big money deal for bowe...not worth it, would throw every dime they stiffed wallace at him though

Would love to draft a true OLB in the 1st round in lieu of a DE / OLB conversion project.

Gotta take him Jones if he is there.

The cuts are coming in from around the NFL.

I have a feeling they'll make a splash in the FA market this year.... Colbert said there isn't any franchise players on this team and they'd be silly to go into the new season with the same batch of players... I see some changes coming!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    patterson is a guy that just screams stud to me, and the more i watch keenan allen the more i see javon walker, who was great minus horrible knee injuries
    Patterson's open field running <3

The man's vision is insane. I've never seen a dude at 6'3" that makes some of the cuts he does. I wouldn't be upset at him at all, unless of course Jarvis Jones is on the board. He's my #1 player in this years draft as well. I just hope teams pass on him because they're scared of his spinal stenosis. I can't think of a more perfect fit for him. He and Woodley would be insane. He's without a doubt #1 on my wish list.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Bowe isn't happening people.......The Steelers don't have the cap space.....

Ktrain you see Allen as Javon Walker like?.....Freaking awesome since Walker was a BEAST before knee problems.....

Patterson and Jarvis Jones at 17 would also make since if one of those were available......Really pass rusher or WR should be the thought process at 17.........

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    So many areas of critical need. But OLB and DT are the highest to me. But a WR that reminds someone of Javon Walker sounds really tempting.

Ben needs a WR like that. He'd be the perfect compliment to the WR's we already have.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information