Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, Flacco is elite and possibly the AFC top Qb

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    It's hard to give an MVP trophy to a player whose impact on the game was non existent until the final drive
    That's not accurate at all.

Ben completed 9 of his first 10 passes for 127 yards and his offense scored 10 points the first two times they were on the field.

That wasn't in the 4th quarter.

Sorry.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Because Ben missed the playoffs both seasons after winning the super bowl, and I don't remember that reflecting negatively on his status among the elites.
    Then you don't follow the NFL.

Because Ben WAS bashed for missing playoffs after winning rings and even still now, wasn't considered "elite" by some who judge the position BEFORE the 2012 season, even after 8 years, 3 AFC titles, 2 rings, and a likely HOF career.

Banned
    Oh btw, Ben already beat Peyton in the playoffs.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    The NFL has become like the NBA. It's marketed that way now. There is an overemphasis on individual players rather than teams. And of course the individual players that are overemphasized and marketed as "superstars" are quarterbacks, wide receivers and running backs. Some defensive players also make the cut if they have a nifty dance. As a result, the word elite is thrown around like a rag doll.

Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Tom Brady. These guys are elite. Joe Flacco is as elite as Brad Johnson. One good season and a playoff run combined with a Super Bowl win doesn't equal elite. Especially when it's mixed in with a bunch of mediocre seasons at best.

I even have difficulty calling Roethlisberger elite at this point. One more Super Bowl win with similar passing heroics as in 2008 and he's 100% elite. Even people mentioning flavor of the month quarterbacks like Brees and Rodgers as elite is a bit much.

Maybe saying they're elite amongst everyone else currently playing is accurate. And Flacco still doesn't fit in that category. I would take at least 10 other quarterbacks for a season over him.

And the Super Bowl MVP is meaningless. It's like those in sports media deciding that no one belonged in the Hall of Fame because they said so. Roethlisberger should've gotten the MVP in 2008 and if his name was Manning or Brady, he would've.

Regardless of what ESPN says, Flacco is not even close to elite and he's not even close to being better than Roethlisberger.

However, the Ravens are a far superior team to the Steelers. They have better receivers. A better offensive line. A better defense. A better running back and a better head coach.
    This.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Is Jim Plunkett better than Brett Favre? Plunkett has a Super Bowl MVP award and Favre does not.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    PAHLEEEZZZZZ! not no BUT HELL NO
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    This Ravens win sucks bigtime. Flacco going into next season will be ranked higher than Ben. You can make the argument that Flacco is the top QB in the division also. The bad thing is that Flacco won the MVP which Ben has not in his previous two superbowl victories. The only thing Ben can cling onto is his game winning drive in 43. This is a NOW society no matter how we look at it.

With Flacco getting and MVP and the Ravens winning this SB I think Ben wins one more with the Steelers, I think this will be a wakeup call for the whole organization overall.

Also, Im not watching ESPN for 3 months now.

Go ahead and Flame me. Maybe its just frustration on my part.
    You be doing the right thing. Watchin auto/moto racin now.

And their fans.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Ben's personal conduct don't sit well with the ladies or men for that matter. This team better kick itself in the *** cause the window shades are coming down for BR.

And their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Is Jim Plunkett better than Brett Favre? Plunkett has a Super Bowl MVP award and Favre does not.
    You can say what you want about Flacco and Ben. The point being, Flacco takes his team to the playoffs every season. That ATLEAST gives them an opportunity to reach/win the SB.

I know the Steelers were beaten by the Broncos in the Wildcard anyway, but we still had an opportunity to make it to the big game.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    The biggest difference I see among the top tier QB's :

Ben may be the most physically gifted below the neck of them all, the problem he refuses to study the game . Sure he comes in and practices but unlike the other top QB's that spend hours watching film to better understand their opponent Ben just shows up and that's all on Tomlin.

The reason Haley was hired was to see that Ben was disciplined but still Tomlin allows Ben to do whatever Ben wants ,until that changes we'll be outside looking in.

It's not only Ben but the entire team, they're all fat and undisciplined.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Thread Information