Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now You See Why Teams Need Clutch Wr's

Bookmark and Share

Now You See Why Teams Need Clutch Wr's

Boldin has been clutch all post season and before that for the Ravens. We miss Hines but we have another in Cotchery but we have Ben throwing to the prima donna's. It's a joke to me when people don't want to keep Jerricho around for next to nothing. Amazing how his name gets in the mix as a part of our bad wr's this season! Worst mistake the Steelers can do is letting him go.
    Last edited by BubbyBlister; 02-03-2013 at 10:13 PM.

The ravens built a team 2 years ago to beat the Steelers thus winning them a SB. The Steelers built a team with practice squad type players plugged in thus going 8-8!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ward was run out of town by Arians because Young Money was the next big thing. This year they were barely more than chump change most of the time.

Clutch WR's, what is that? Wallace can't catch anything that isn't a post pattern with the dropping into his lap; save for the occasional circus catch so we can all oooh and aahhhh at him. Sanders can't stay healthy in between his fumbles, and Brown is decent but he was over matched at times this year as well.

Blame Ben's injury, blame bad backups, blame the play calling but yes I agree you better have some clutch WR's that can stay on the field all year long and come through with the tough big catches when we need them most. Two years ago we had that, last year was a lot of highlights but no substance in the playoffs.

This past season was a disaster.

2nd String
    I feel like I have been a Negative Nancy as of late but it has been a rough year. But I agree. I have no idea how Ben's stats are what they are throwing to those clowns for the past few years. I mentioned earlier that his team was weak in every aspect this year - special teams, penalties, coaching, receiving, running, attitude, clock management, injuries, missed plays, fumbles, turnovers, points per game, etc., all around awful. If I were a coach I would not know where to start.

The good news is I think the team knows they need to get it in gear. I think they will be back as a much better team next season. I am optimistic.

The bad news is Tomlin's mentality of next man up cost us games this past year! Time to find quality back ups!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Veteran
    Boldin is a beast. Even when he's covered, he's open. And when the ball gets anywhere near him, he catches it.

Every year there are certain players that just come to life and that's what Boldin and Flacco did this year...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

youre confusing clutch with possession, i like cotch, but id hardly call him clutch.

both brown and wallce have come up huge in big moments, this year wasnt their year though...you think the ravens are the only ones with a clutch WR? just because they won the superbowl...give me a break.

his performance was hardly holmes-esque, he had a good game and a good post season, but lets not be irrational. and youre delusional if you think ward would have made a difference this year

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    youre confusing clutch with possession, i like cotch, but id hardly call him clutch.

both brown and wallce have come up huge in big moments, this year wasnt their year though...you think the ravens are the only ones with a clutch WR? just because they won the superbowl...give me a break.

his performance was hardly holmes-esque, he had a good game and a good post season, but lets not be irrational. and youre delusional if you think ward would have made a difference this year
    this.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    how about findinng WRs who can catch first... then well worry about clutch later
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information