Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why teams shouldn't draft an RB in first round (new article at SteelCityStats!)

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

Why teams shouldn't draft an RB in first round (new article at SteelCityStats!)

All, thanks for all the kind words and encouraging comments for our first article. The Drinking Guy and I have finally published our second article, which explains quantitatively why teams should not be drafting running backs in the first round. Check it out, and be sure (if you like it) to tell friends and family.

Cheers!

www.steelcitystats.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thethinkingguy View Post
    All, thanks for all the kind words and encouraging comments for our first article. The Drinking Guy and I have finally published our second article, which explains quantitatively why teams should not be drafting running backs in the first round. Check it out, and be sure (if you like it) to tell friends and family.

Cheers!

www.steelcitystats.com
    Really nice work on the quantitative evidence. I can't say it's completely clear just from watching that the overwhelming majority of running backs perform as well as their offensive scheme and line, except for a select few talents like Sanders, Smith, Tomlinson, etc., however, I feel it is pretty clear. One only needs to examine Shanahan's musical running back chairs in Denver. Davis, Gary, Anderson, Portis, Droughns and Bell. It seemed like Shanahan could've taken a guy selling hot dogs in Mile High Stadium and turn him into a 1,000+ rusher.

Really nice work and good article.

Warmack in the first or Allen, Cooper 2nd Lacy

Ogletree in the first or Ansah, Minter 2nd Barrett Jones/Lacy

Protect Ben and Pass... Draft the players needed for that.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by thethinkingguy View Post

Cheers!

www.steelcitystats.com
    great work again! i've shared your site... it's excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Rookie Free Agent
    There were games when Ben had plenty of protection and he still threw it to the other team. This teams needs a RB that cant keep the defense honest and open up the playbook for Ben.

But not a RB in the first..

The Skins found a RB in the 6th round. They r there this year and we just need to find the kid! I think we go RB in round 3, 4 or 5 this year.

Banned
    I'd try to get Raiders RB Taiwan Jones, he is better than any RB in the draft. And he can be had for a late round pick.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    I'd try to get Raiders RB Taiwan Jones, he is better than any RB in the draft. And he can be had for a late round pick.
    Just stop.....your posts are so ridiculous.......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Just stop.....your posts are so ridiculous.......
    Maybe weakdraft is actually Taiwan and is posting in football forums who's team needs a rb.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    With the O-line players were currently have, I'm not going to say that adding Lacy to the Offense wouldn't upgrade it. Because it would. But I'm also a little fuzzy because you wonder how good are our current RB's if they had an O-line that could stay healthy and guys allowed to stay in the same position for the entire season.

IF... the front office took Lacy, I'd also hope that they make it an emphasis in the off-season to get this O-line in shape, and properly coached up because the last O-line coach was not getting it done. Straight up.

Establishing a tough, ball running offensive identity would go along way in prolonging Ben's career and making Ben as productive and effective as possible.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information