Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danny Smith hired as new Special Teams coach

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Not true.

He wanted Arians back.

Art II overruled him.
    It was the right move. Arians' offense was too predictable with the Steelers, and Ben had too much influence over him and wasn't growing any more. With Haley, the offense was playing well and Ben was taking his numbers to another level (he was a potential MVP candidate). At least, until the injury; after that, the offense was a disaster, but I attribute that to Ben's injury and coming back too soon.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    There's a lot of truth in what you just said.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    I can make up quotes and put names to it to, "I think KTrain should be head scout for the Steelers." Dan Rooney

How about some proof, like this http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...ive-interview/

Is Arians coming back? That is really up to Mike Tomlin. Read the interview and quit believing the conspiracy of Ed Bouchette who charges money to read his articles.
    you laugh, but i imagine that was said several times before

Banned
    What "influence" did Ben have over Arians? Give me examples.

Arians had one big problem. His tipping off run or pass based on formation.

And that's it.

Everything else that went wrong from 2010-2011? Was because Arians was doing what ownership wanted.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    It was the right move. Arians' offense was too predictable with the Steelers, and Ben had too much influence over him and wasn't growing any more. With Haley, the offense was playing well and Ben was taking his numbers to another level (he was a potential MVP candidate). At least, until the injury; after that, the offense was a disaster, but I attribute that to Ben's injury and coming back too soon.
    What other level?

A 30 TD pass season? Done, in 2007.

A 100+ QB rating? Done, in 2007 and 2009.

Now lets talk about how Ben's YPA under Haley was 2nd lowest of his career. How the big plays were non existent from one of the NFL's premier deep throwers because they didn't throw deep anymore.

Hell they barely threw medium range with Ben.

If Haley wasn't a Yinzer, he would have been ripped.

What other level?

A 30 TD pass season? Done, in 2007.

A 100+ QB rating? Done, in 2007 and 2009.

Now lets talk about how Ben's YPA under Haley was 2nd lowest of his career. How the big plays were non existent from one of the NFL's premier deep throwers because they didn't throw deep anymore.

Hell they barely threw medium range with Ben.

If Haley wasn't a Yinzer, he would have been ripped.
    bullllllshit

his ypa dropped but he was surgical for the first half of the season. Hes was throwing TDs, not interceptions, and most importantly he was standing upright, even with mike adams struggling haley used backs and TEs brilliantly to help with the blocking. The goal was to keep ben healthy and aside from one sandwich hit and a freak injury his sack numbers were down significantly...it didnt work out in the end, but haleys system works....had ben not been the first person to suffer that injury since 1997 the season could still be going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    bullllllshit

his ypa dropped but he was surgical for the first half of the season. Hes was throwing TDs, not interceptions, and most importantly he was standing upright, even with mike adams struggling haley used backs and TEs brilliantly to help with the blocking. The goal was to keep ben healthy and aside from one sandwich hit and a freak injury his sack numbers were down significantly...it didnt work out in the end, but haleys system works....had ben not been the first person to suffer that injury since 1997 the season could still be going on right now.
    I like this...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I agree with K-Train.

Before the injury, Ben was getting it done big time. I have no problem with Haley.

The problems came when injury hit Ben, injuries hit the O-line. But a constant problem all year was Le Bum's...I mean Le Beau's defense of playing cornerbacks 10 yards off ordinary WR's cost us two games....against the Raiders and the Titans.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    He hasn't been throwing picks when he's been healthy since 2009 people.

26 TD's 12 picks in 2009

17 TD's 4 picks in 2010

19 TD's 10 picks in 12 games before he got hurt in 2011.

That's 62 TD's 26 picks in 39 regular season games before the 2011 high ankle sprain.

What's the goddamn problem?

No, the extra TE's weren't blocking. When Paulson was in the game on passing plays a lot of the times he would be running pass patterns, they didn't max protect for Ben hardly at all. The only times they really did was when we would try to throw with only one wide out on the field.

RBs blocking? They did that for Arians too. And what would fans say? "Hit the RB check down Ben".

Even though the majority of the time he didn't have one because the RB was a blocker.

You guys need to quit defending Haley because of where he's from, and pay more attention to what happens on the field.

He hasn't been throwing picks when he's been healthy since 2009 people.

26 TD's 12 picks in 2009

17 TD's 4 picks in 2010

19 TD's 10 picks in 12 games before he got hurt in 2011.

That's 62 TD's 26 picks in 39 regular season games before the 2011 high ankle sprain.

What's the goddamn problem?

No, the extra TE's weren't blocking. When Paulson was in the game on passing plays a lot of the times he would be running pass patterns, they didn't max protect for Ben hardly at all. The only times they really did was when we would try to throw with only one wide out on the field.

RBs blocking? They did that for Arians too. And what would fans say? "Hit the RB check down Ben".

Even though the majority of the time he didn't have one because the RB was a blocker.

You guys need to quit defending Haley because of where he's from, and pay more attention to what happens on the field.
    i honestly couldnt give a **** less where haley was from..ben was 17/4 ratio before the KC game and the one in OT against the broncos was a horrible horrible decision, but he was playing very good using the dink and dunk offense, which probably caught some teams off guard.

Haley is not locked into that offense though, thats not the type of offense he ran in AZ or KC at all, but they dont have the big bodied WRs that he had there so thats why heath miller had a career year. If they were to draft keenan allen or pursue bowe then things would look much different. All the WRs dropping a **** load of passes and wallace rounding off his routes were killers for the YPA, for a while it was disheartening to see them throw down field because it was dropped or fumbled.

Haley probably wants a back that has speed a bit more than a fullback and a big bodied WR, until that happens we will probably continue to see the short offense because thats where brown and heath thrive

Thread Information