Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Danny Smith hired as new Special Teams coach

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Not true.

He wanted Arians back.

Art II overruled him.
    Who said, besides people trying to make a story out of nothing. They based the story on MT saying that he anticipated his coordinators coming back. Have you ever fired someone? You don't talk about it publicly before telling the person. There were only three coordinators that could be fired and every one knows DL is allowed back for as long as he wants, so everyone would have known it was BA and that would have been unprofessional. It was Tomlin's decision.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Not true.

He wanted Arians back.

Art II overruled him.
    Thank you Art II

Andrew Luck is lucky too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Who said, besides people trying to make a story out of nothing. They based the story on MT saying that he anticipated his coordinators coming back. Have you ever fired someone? You don't talk about it publicly before telling the person. There were only three coordinators that could be fired and every one knows DL is allowed back for as long as he wants, so everyone would have known it was BA and that would have been unprofessional. It was Tomlin's decision.

"I thought it was time for a change"

-Art Rooney II

He also did an interview for a local TV station after the 2011 season with one stipulation: No questions about who fired BA.

If he didn't do it, why is he ducking the question?

My Mood
    Impatient
    "I thought it was time for a change"

-Art Rooney II

He also did an interview for a local TV station after the 2011 season with one stipulation: No questions about who fired BA.

If he didn't do it, why is he ducking the question?
    I can make up quotes and put names to it to, "I think KTrain should be head scout for the Steelers." Dan Rooney

How about some proof, like this http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...ive-interview/

Is Arians coming back? That is really up to Mike Tomlin. Read the interview and quit believing the conspiracy of Ed Bouchette who charges money to read his articles.

Banned
    I didn't make that quote up. He said it. On camera, on the teams website in a sit down with Bob Labriola.

Draft Pick
    Dear fellow Addicts, don't assume these new experiments won't work before they are run. Jack Bicknell Jr. and Danny Smith have distinguished records of achievement, and I am sure that they will seeking to elevate their games with the Steelers. I have supreme faith in Tomlin's judgement on matters with his staff; this faith springs from my hope that Tomlin will become the greatest coach in Steelers history.

Let's let these guys coach before we judge them.

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Danny Smith hired as new Special Teams coach

I didn't make that quote up. He said it. On camera, on the teams website in a sit down with Bob Labriola.
    Proof???? Otherwise you made it up.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

My Mood
    Impatient
    You need to watch the video for yourself, not in part 1 and in part 2, he says how we got here is not important, he never said he did it. He said he thought it was time for a change after that and was already talking about new offensive coordinators. Listen, if MT fires BA, then Rooney is going to say, I think it was time for a change, because MT said it was time for a change. In other interviews, like the one I posted Rooney confirms that Tomlin gets control of his staff.

Banned
    You need to watch the video for yourself, not in part 1 and in part 2, he says how we got here is not important, he never said he did it.
    He never said he didn't, either.

Of course he says it's not important. Because if he would have admitted that A) He fired Arians himself, and B) He only did it AFTER Arians already had left for his off season home, he would look like the unqualified jackass he sounds like when he tries to talk football even more than he does now.

Art II also went down to the Senior Bowl. Why? He's not a talent evaluator. He's not a scout. He's an owner who needs to learn his place and stay out of the way of the football people he's paying to do those jobs themselves.

Steelers fans and their media used to laugh at owners like Jones and Snyder.

But now Art is acting just like them.

Thread Information