Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers hire Bicknell as oline coach

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    is this a serious comment?
    gzzz no. I guess I've got to do a better job at conveying sarcasm. Sorry if I threw you off.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I like it. The talent is here. Just gotta keep 'em healthy. I expect a big leap from DeCastro and Adams, both of whom showed flashes of their astronomical potential. I still get all fuzzy when I think of DeCastro and Pouncey next to each other. I know DeCastro started the last couple games and Mike Adams started a handful, but with the significant time they both missed it's almost like having two 1st, 2nd, & 3rd round picks this year (including Spence of course). But with DeCastro and Adams already well ahead of the curve. It's exciting to think about. If they can stay healthy of course...

I agree with you Big T. I think the talent is there from our previous drafts. So much so, that I definitely don't want our first pick to be an O-lineman. Even if Womack were on the board. I want to fix up the LB spots and the D-line. And if a legit backup QB is available in the 3rd round, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him.

I'd love to use free agency and find an upgrade at CB but I'm probably pipe dreaming on that.

This team needs to fix a lot of things this offseason... Lets hope this hire is the start!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

And on that note, How do you see the front office handling finding an upgrade of talent for the secondary? Because we really need to find another safety that is worthy of starting along with a cornerback upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    And on that note, How do you see the front office handling finding an upgrade of talent for the secondary? Because we really need to find another safety that is worthy of starting along with a cornerback upgrade.
    Practice squad like always! No joking, Tomlins next man up idea is hog wash!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    is this a serious comment?
    I heard he is in charge of strengthening and conditioning their knee ligaments. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    I heard he is in charge of strengthening and conditioning their knee ligaments. True story.
    Now you made me chuckle saying this. :smile:

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I agree with you Big T. I think the talent is there from our previous drafts. So much so, that I definitely don't want our first pick to be an O-lineman. Even if Womack were on the board.
    I understand your point, but I disagree that if Warmack is available when the Steelers pick, you absolutely take him without thinking twice about it. A lot of analysts say that Warmack is the best guard prospect in years and I bet he would be the highest rated player available on the Steelers board if he's there at 17. Imagine a line of Gilbert, Warmack, Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams. Now THAT'S a serious o-line that you can dominate with!! Choosing Warmack is based on the fact that Colon has been released and it certainly sounds like that's going to happen. Again, I understand what you're saying about the o-line not being the team's top priority, but I just don't think you can pass up on a guy like Chance Warmack if available. Just my opinion.

Chris
    Last edited by Cricker24; 01-30-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Stupidity of Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Cricker24 View Post
    I understand your point, but I disagree that if Womack is available when the Steelers pick, you absolutely take him without thinking twice about it. A lot of analysts say that Womack is the best guard prospect in years and I bet he would be the highest rated player available on the Steelers board if he's there at 17. Imagine a line of Gilbert, Womack, Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams. Now THAT'S a serious o-line that you can dominate with!! Choosing Womack is based on the fact that Colon has been released and it certainly sounds like that's going to happen. Again, I understand what you're saying about the o-line not being the team's top priority, but I just don't think you can pass up on a guy like Womack if available. Just my opinion.

Chris
    Chance Warmack would be great and then Lacy.

Then LB, LB, WR, SS, DE

Thread Information