Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben has 3 years left on his current contract; extension after 2013?

Bookmark and Share
    I wouldnt be suprised at all if they didnt resign him, after seeing Manning left go by the colts, I am a b eliever that hardly anyone anymore will finish with the team they started with.

Banned
    You guys worry about Ben getting hurt for holding the ball too long. But you fail to realize that when you call a play in the huddle, and the QB doesn't run the pass play because he holds the ball, you have a complete breakdown and start to play backyard ball.
    On almost every play, Ben holds the ball and the play breaks down. So why bother calling plays, just hike the ball and play backyard ball.

Everytime Ben pulls it down and scrambles, thats another play called that never gets ran. So how do you evaluate your OC and playcalling.??????????/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    You guys worry about Ben getting hurt for holding the ball too long. But you fail to realize that when you call a play in the huddle, and the QB doesn't run the pass play because he holds the ball, you have a complete breakdown and start to play backyard ball.
    On almost every play, Ben holds the ball and the play breaks down. So why bother calling plays, just hike the ball and play backyard ball.

Everytime Ben pulls it down and scrambles, thats another play called that never gets ran. So how do you evaluate your OC and playcalling.??????????/
    There's a complete breakdown because the play never has a chance to start because there is almost never a real protective pocket for the quarterback to run the play properly. He pulls it down and scrambles because the pocket has crumbled or is about to crumble and he can clearly feel it crumbling.

Learn to watch everything that's going on on the field. Don't just stare at the quarterback and make an idiotic analysis about how Roethlisberger ruins plays by playing backyard football.

Should he be extended? Absolutely. Should he throw more balls away? yes.

With Ben, you live by the broken play, you die by the broken play.

I for one, think the Steelers O-line will be much improved in 2013 as will the running game. This alone should take some of the pressure off oe Ben to do EVERTYTHING.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Should he be extended? Absolutely. Should he throw more balls away? yes.

With Ben, you live by the broken play, you die by the broken play.

I for one, think the Steelers O-line will be much improved in 2013 as will the running game. This alone should take some of the pressure off oe Ben to do EVERTYTHING.
    If he threw the ball away like other pocket passers do to avoid the hit, with the current Steelers offensive line, he would be throwing away a whole lot of balls.

I hope you're right about the offensive line being better this season.

There will be healthy young linemen to start the season, a new coach and hopefully a new RB or an old RB with a new attitude (if the Steelers retain Mendy). Blind optimism? Perhaps, but I just can't see it being any worse than this year.

Only reason Manning was let go was becuase the Colts could not have Manning and Luck on the roster at the same time.

Banned
    I played ball for 8 years, so I'm still learning how to "watch" football.

Don't try to tell me its the O-lines fault. You only get about 3 seconds in big boy ball to throw the rock.

Starter
    Yeah Ben start chucking the ball away from the pocket on 3rd and 4.

Then people will bitch about that too.

How about we get a real OC who values a franchise QB instead of just being an owner's puppet?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    I played ball for 8 years, so I'm still learning how to "watch" football.

Don't try to tell me its the O-lines fault. You only get about 3 seconds in big boy ball to throw the rock.
    Save the "I played ball" for the grandchildren. 3 comfortable seconds. Watch a Giants or Patriots game and count how many comfortable seconds Eli Manning and Brady get. It's usually more than 3, but never less. If you think Roethlisberger gets 3 comfortable seconds on a snap, then you should've spent those 8 years watching football instead of playing it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I'll get flamed I'm sure but Ben should have to earn the extension, he needs to stay clean he's no spring chicken anymore. Throw the fn ball away instead of taking stupid hits, 2 years in a row now he's gotten hurt holding the ball too long...
    I agree. I'd like to see his performance the next two years before extending him. He's taken a lot of shots over the years, so I'd like to see him stay healthy and put up good numbers.

Thread Information