Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben has 3 years left on his current contract; extension after 2013?

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    speaking of idiotic analysis...
    Go suck the d$&k of whichever young quarterback ESPN tells you is good. And stop following me around the forum. Stop stalking my posts. I'm not a young quarterback. My d$&k isn't going in your mouth.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Stop stalking my posts.
    Stop being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

Banned
    Stop being stupid.
    Everything that comes out of your mouth is moronic and everything that goes in is the meat of young quarterbacks that ESPN tells you is good. "Luck is more talented than Roethlisberger." You're agenda was exposed a long time ago and no one wants to hear your $hit disguised in what you think is impressive articulation.

You're a fantasy football playing, ESPN d$&k slobbish, Roethlisberger hating fool. I ignore your posts. Stop commenting on mine. I can't $hit in your mouth for obvious reasons, so there's no reason to address me on this forum.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greg1964 View Post
    Was it the offense line or Ben style of play: Ben chooses NOT to be a system QB, what I mean is a plant back foot, ball out within 1/2 second afterward. (i.e Brady, Manning, Brees) and for that reason the O-Line looks worst them it ready is: In fact the last two years Ben got hurt holding onto the ball (ie. trying to extent the play).

The reason he does this because he isn't great reading the defense and knowing where to throw the ball, without see the receiver open. Ben dosen't throw the receiver open, as much as he has to see the receiver open.
    The offensive line crumbles instantaneously on nearly every play because Roethlisberger doesn't plant his back foot and throw the ball away immediately? That makes no sense. If he throws the ball away on every play within 1/2 second, then the offensive line doesn't have to do a thing. Manning and Brady benefit from offensive lines that can maintain the pocket for longer than 1/2 second if they have to. Manning didn't buy his linemen Rolexes for protecticting him for only 1/2 second on every snap. Manning's reliance on offensive line protection is clear from the fact that whenever defenses bring solid pressure, he folds like a bum, as he has so often in the playoffs.

Brady also benefits from a strong offensive line and a great offensive scheme, which is evident from Castle's performance when he took over.

This doesn't mean that Manning and Brady aren't great, but it does mean that offensive linemen are unsung heroes and nameless villains who make a massive difference. Almost everyone on offense will get credit or receive blame for an offense's performance before offensive linemen.

Anyone who pays attention to offensive linemen and don't just stare at the QB's *** know that the Steelers offensive line is a joke. That's not to say that Roethlisberger can't be better and do things to supplement the poor play of his offensive line, but that also doesn't mean that the Steelers' offensive line isn't a disaster.
    Last edited by NYCsteelersfan; 01-31-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    8-8 with the #1 defense is far from acceptable in my book.. Ben started hot then fizzled, I blame him as to why this team went nowhere this season, some very bad decisions.. Flame away boys!!
    Wouldn't flame you, but before Ben got hurt, he was having a career year, and then came back from an injury too soon and was a shell of himself. 70 percent Ben is better than 100 percent batch or lefty. When he got hurt, I thought to myself this season is over and they should IR him.

Ben clearly made some bad throws and he doesn't get a pass for that (no pun intended). Would really like to see Ben have the time to execute the play by sitting in the pocket rather than extending the play by running for his life. Yes, a running game is important; look at Elway. Arguably one of the best QB's to ever play the game, Elway did nothing before Terell Davis arrived - or at least he was not able to win a SB without a good running game.

Extend Ben - he's more than earned it in my book.

Assistant Coach
    Everything that comes out of your mouth is moronic and everything that goes in is the meat of young quarterbacks that ESPN tells you is good. "Luck is more talented than Roethlisberger." You're agenda was exposed a long time ago and no one wants to hear your $hit disguised in what you think is impressive articulation.

You're a fantasy football playing, ESPN d$&k slobbish, Roethlisberger hating fool. I ignore your posts. Stop commenting on mine. I can't $hit in your mouth for obvious reasons, so there's no reason to address me on this forum.
    There is every reason to address you. You are the resident clown. You provide us entertainment with your adolescent language and uninformed football rants.

You are the clown, you exist to provide us endless amusement.

Please Proceed

Assistant Coach
    The offensive line crumbles instantaneously on nearly every play because Roethlisberger doesn't plant his back foot and throw the ball away immediately? That makes no sense. If he throws the ball away on every play within 1/2 second, then the offensive line doesn't have to do a thing. Manning and Brady benefit from offensive lines that can maintain the pocket for longer than 1/2 second if they have to. Manning didn't buy his linemen Rolexes for protecticting him for only 1/2 second on every snap. Manning's reliance on offensive line protection is clear from the fact that whenever defenses bring solid pressure, he folds like a bum, as he has so often in the playoffs.

Brady also benefits from a strong offensive line and a great offensive scheme, which is evident from Castle's performance when he took over.

This doesn't mean that Manning and Brady aren't great, but it does mean that offensive linemen are unsung heroes and nameless villains who make a massive difference. Almost everyone on offense will get credit or receive blame for an offense's performance before offensive linemen.

Anyone who pays attention to offensive linemen and don't just stare at the QB's *** know that the Steelers offensive line is a joke. That's not to say that Roethlisberger can't be better and do things to supplement the poor play of his offensive line, but that also doesn't mean that the Steelers' offensive line isn't a disaster.
    Do you intentionally use hyperbole to hide the fact that you're wholesomely ignorant as to what quality offensive line play is?

Assistant Coach
    Pittsburgh ranked 15th in the NFL in Pass Protection this year based on Adj Sack Rate

PFF ranked Pitt Pass Protection 10th (I have a high regard for PFF, maybe others don't)

Banned
    Do you intentionally use hyperbole to hide the fact that you're wholesomely ignorant as to what quality offensive line play is?
    Do you think using words like hyperbole on a sports forum will make it any less apparent that you watch football just to fantasize about sucking the quarterback's d$&k?

Banned
    Pittsburgh ranked 15th in the NFL in Pass Protection this year based on Adj Sack Rate

PFF ranked Pitt Pass Protection 10th (I have a high regard for PFF, maybe others don't)
    Of course only an idiot who only knows how to sit behind a computer and look up stats on worthless sites would say something stupid like "according to blank, the a steelers offensive line was pretty good." Meanwhile, a 10 year old could watch a Steelers game and plainly see that the offensive line is inept at both pass protection and run blocking. You're like the Candide of the forum. Everything you say is backed by worthless subjective statistics from sites that ignore obvious empirical evidence as much as you like to.

Thread Information